Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

they werent really an 0-2 team, give it to after the bye.

2. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

For those bashing Brett (three weeks into a new system) another couple of stats you may want to look at are:

a) The Passer completion rating after these three games being 70 %

b) The Overall Passer rating of 98.7 %

c) As was noted earlier, his TD / INT ratio is also almost identical to that of his first
    three games in Green Bay last year in which he finished the year with 28 and 15.

Yeah losing sucks but time to get a grip if you thought that this team was going to gel by week three And blaming Brett; considering it's been three weeks and considering the above noted stats within these three weeks shows very limited knowledge of the game !

3. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

His first pick wasn't a "throw it up for grabs" type of pass. In fact, the others weren't either. Its fairly obvious to those who have a clue about football.

4. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I wish I could comment further on this but I'm not as familiar with the Jets' coaching staff as most here are.

5. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

If you are calling that first interception "thrown up for grabs" you either 1) didn't actually watch the game, so you don't know what really happened (and therefor should not be commenting), or 2) you are really, really, really clueless about the sport of football.

Just callin it the way I see it.

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by CJLang
    you have to be worried about the way Favre throws it up for grabs constantly.

If you take a look at the INT it was probably a ball that shouldn't have been thrown. Coles was definitely covered on that play and Favre had no business throwing the ball towards Coles in that situation. Also, if you look at his mechanics on that play they were terrible. Favre was going backward (almost as if was cringing - expecting to get hit) as he's trying to throw the ball for no reason. And there was nobody really near him - the guy coming at Favre was about five yards away. Look the loss can't be thrown at Favre's feet, but that first INT wasn't his finest pass.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Ya there wasn't any luck involved when we completly owned the dolphins in week one.

#307 ouchy, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Certainly not a thing of beauty, but if that ball was thrown to Cotch (much better at boxing out a defender), its either a pretty catch or a knock down. Anyone here who thinks Coles is a physical guy 1 0n 1 in fooling themselves. We had to expect these passes with Favre coming in. He's made a career out of making something our of nothing.

And ignoring the props I just gave Cotch, he was responsible for the 2nd INT more than Favre. Favre's old receivers would have seen that gaping hole on the sideline and adjusted their route. Cotch will see that with more touches with Favre, and to be fair more experience overall.

The non INT in the end zone was a horrible decision by Favre though.

9. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Brett Favre doesn't care about the Jets

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Favre only vaguely cared about the Packers. Favre cares about football, period.

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Umm, OK, I'll bite. I did take another look at that interception:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgCdtjMzv8

It's about 1:25 into it. What I saw is the ball being slightly tipped by a lineman after Favre threw it, then the CB literally reached from directly behind Coles to grab the ball, one arm over each shoulder, wrapping his arms around Coles neck from behind in order to reach the ball enough to tip it out of Coles hands, and then spin around to grab the tip. Like Steve Young says in the commentary, "you can say there was interference."

And as far as your claim that "there was nobody really near Favre" ... huh?!? SD linebacker ran a delayed blitz, was coming at Favre full speed, unblocked, less than a half second away from leveling Favre.

I wish I could capture a screen shot or two to show how different reality is from what you are saying here. At the very least you should go and watch that 10 seconds of tape before you post these claims here any more.

12. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Owned the Dolphins? The Jets were one 20-yard pass away from losing that game. :eek:hmy:

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

and the media, and football, and popularity, and football, and worship, and football.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How the hell do you know what he cares about?

15. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Yes, like I've been saying over and over.

Anyhow, if this season is a mess? There will be PLENTY of blame to be spread around, and not just to Favre. You know, like:
    "Where's the defense?"
    "What happened to our special teams?"
    "I thought our receivers, Coles, Cotchery and company, were all so great?"
    "Did someone say our running game was solid?"

If Monday night's game was just total team meltdown at a bad time, then all the critics in this thread will be like Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy:
    You'll have some 'splainin' to do!

If these critics are right and the Jets totally suck?
    Well, just point me to all the message board posters, NFL writers and experts and everyone else who predicted that the Patriots would fall apart, the Colts would look weak, the Bills would be the best team in the AFC, and that the NFC East would be the beast of the NFL.

Just sayin'...

16. Bosko

Bosko Guest

"Luck is the residue of design."

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

You were a mistake.

18. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Favre cares about Favre, quite apparently.

19. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Because I've objectively watched the football games he's played in. You should try doing the same.

You think he gives a crap about this team or this fan base?

Brett Favre is NOT A JET. He is an old, greedy, selfish mercenary who treats the team we care about like he's playing a backyard football game with his nephews after Thanksgiving dinner.

He is a joke and he knows it. The only difference is he's laughing all the way to the bank while we're tapping our checking accounts to pay for the PSLs to watch this fucking circus.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Sounds like he should have great chemistry with Coles.