Has Randy Moss thrown in the Towel?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NDmick, Sep 23, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Randy Moss said all the right things after catching just four passes for 25 yards in the Patriots' 38-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins yesterday, but his body language seemed to tell a different story. Moss sat in solitude on the bench for most of the first half as the offense struggled. The wide receiver has yet to establish the same passing rapport with quarterback Matt Cassel he had with Tom Brady, and it hasn't helped that teams consistently have rolled a safety in Moss's direction, challenging Cassel to get him the ball. Cassel claimed he didn't notice that Moss wasn't sitting with the offense in the first half. Moss did sit with the offense in the second half, but he did not even extend his arms for a clearly overthrown Cassel pass in the third quarter. He showed some frustration early in the fourth quarter, when he threw his arms in the air, looking for a flag after an incompletion on second and 3 from the 44, and on a Cassel interception that was negated by a roughing the passer penalty, Moss did not turn for the underthrown ball.

Boston Globe
    :beer: GPC

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just Randy being Randy.

This is a guy that was open on the second to last desperation Hail Mary at the end of the Super Bowl and he didn't bother to make a play for the ball. Honestly, sometimes I think he's too talented. When he actually has to work for something, he often doesn't bother.

Fucker's on my fantasy team this season, too.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm going to keep saying this until he proves me wrong:

Randy Moss has been dogging it from the moment Brady's knee gave out.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I watched him dog it for two years in Oakland. Anytime he thinks he is going to lose he quits.

5. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I've been thinking the same thing.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How about he dogged it in the Super Bowl and quit on the ball? Haha, I laughed like hell. Then he "cried" in the press conference. "Boo-hoo, Tom Brady is my QB, boo-hoo-hoo..." Anyway, for some reason I can't post a direct link to anther site I belong to, so here's a copy and paste.

Post 09/11/08, 21:13
    jetophile
    Member No.: 562

I wonder how long it will take Randy Moss to quit on his team. What week do you think? Week six? "I'm doing it all for Tom for, I don't know, for a few weeks." Doing what, putting on his uniform? Well, he did cry in the presser after the SB, and probably because he quit on the ball. He's overrated within his own parameter. And why is that? Because he could have blown out every record in the book if he gave half of a turd for a good portion of his career. A decent work ethic is all it would have taken. Instead, he'll go to the HOF being a role model for the lazy. It's a shame, really.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=969146&postcount=11

Seems pretty prophetic, but it isn't like Nostradamus could have done any worse between the three of us. :lol:

#6 jetophile, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

he didn't quit on the ball in the Super Bowl. the defenders got there just as the ball did. what else was he supposed to do? sure, he had a step on the defenders initially, but it isn't as if he didn't catch up to the ball. the ball hit him in the hands as the defenders made their play, so how could he have dogged it? the defenders made up the space because he had to slow down to keep the pass's pace or he would run right by it.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Watch it again. He's open, the ball is underthrown and he doesn't go back for it. Thats why the defenders got there at the same time. If he goes up for it he may catch it, he may draw a PI and put them in FG position, good things can happen. What he did was keep stride and try to catch it against his body. Not a good play. Lazy.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

You're right - here is Century 9, Quatrain 16 of Nostradamus:

Out of Castelfranco will come the assembly,
    The ambassador not agreeable will cause a schism:
    Those of Riviera will be in the squabble,
    And they will refuse entry to the great gulf.

Clearly Moss is the "not agreeable" ambassador who has caused a schism in the assembly (the Patriots). Castelfranco is an Italian town not far from the Dolomite Mountains, and of course Moss went to school at Marshall in West Virginia, whose residents are called Mountaineers. "Those of Riviera" obviously refers to the Kansas City Chiefs; the area now known as the Mexican Riviera was once controlled by the Aztecs, and Herm Edwards, the Kansas City coach, graduated from San Diego State, whose mascot is the Aztec Warrior. The squabble is the game against the Chiefs where Brady got hurt, and since then he has been refused entry to the great gulf (the end zone, natch).

It's all so obvious if you just look carefully enough! :up:

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

yes, as I have mentioned in other threads, he has.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I have a hard time believing thats true... but if it remotely is, great job piecing that together.

12. 624

624 Banned

this is proof that good QBs make Randy Moss good, and bad QBs make Randy Moss bad..

he is shit without a pro bowl QB throwing to him

his good seasons were with daunte culpepper in his prime...and bradys ridiculous season

his bad seasons are when he was having some no name QB

moss sucks!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that means Dwayne Bowe is better than Moss... Bowe has had shit throw to him and he does real well.. Moss has shit throw to him and he sucks. Bowe wins.

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

for that matter, so does any reciever who hasnt had tom brady, Brett Favre or Peyton Manning throwing to them for the last decade...

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The quatrain is genuine Nostradamus - just do a Google search and you'll see.

As to my interpretation, well do you have an alternative explanation? :smile:

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no, but that was pretty impressive.

17. The guy's a phenomonel talent when he wants to be. ANd you gotta give the Pats credit for taking advantage of Oakland's stupidity and grabbing a guy like him to pair w/ their golden arm... but you knew eventually that their would be locker room issues w/ or w/o Brady. New England was hoping they could snag a championship or two before it happened..stay tuned.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I sort of disagree with this. In Minny, Moss made Culpepper look like a great QB. He threw them up for grabs and Moss came down with them.

19. well w/ all due respect..if that's the case...didn't Aaron Brooks and Kerry Collins both have big enough arms to allow Moss to do the same thing in Oakland? Why didn't he "make" either of them?

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Well, he was was on a pretty shitty Raiders team in in 05 and caught 60 balls for 1005 yds and 8 TDs. There's no denying he mailed it in in 2006, and there's no excuse for it, but without Moss, Culpepper's numbers are barely mediocre.