So some people hate my opinions....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I am tired of losing.

Tired of getting my hopes dashed.

Tired of being told just wait, things will get better.

Do we actually hear ourselves? I appreciate optimism, but when is the payoff? We as Jets fans continue to live on the hope of "next time"? Yet take our medicine every Sunday.

To those that hate what I say, sorry. Those are my opinions, whether you find them stupid or not. Let's at least limit personal attacks on each other and realize, we are all Jets fans. Telling me to screw myself and that my opinions are stupid are not constructive.

And I will be back again next Sunday, hopefully for a little sunshine.

It has to get better someday, the 40 year anniversary of the last title for this team is coming up fast. I hope I get to see a championship before I die, and it is hard to hope year after year after year and get shot down.

But that is the life of a Jets fan. Frustration personified. Yet I soldier on.

2. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

I feel your pain, but I say not to give up this year. Remember now, the Giants did start off 1-2 in their first 3 games last season and yet they still managed to make and win the superbowl. Everyone bashed Eli and they were throwing him under the bus very early. This sounds very similar about all you Favre haters now. Just give Favre some time, he joined the team at the last second pretty much. Now wait and see, I believe this is the year.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I'm with you Hemi. I've been watching since the early 80s. I supported Herm til his last year. i supported Chad til he was traded. I was always a "sunshiner". This is the year I have finally had it. I agree it's too early to throw in the towel,but i also am not seeing much to show me it will get that much better. I'll be back Sunday as well,hopefully not for more punishment. but i must say i have zero patience left.

4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I totally feel you bro'. I keep saying "I don't know how much more of this I can take". The Jets are not just my favorite football team. They are by far my favorite team in all of sports. Yet for all my undying loyalty all I get in return is suffering every Fall season.

The longer you are a Jet fan, the more pessimistic you get. It's sad really. Just think of all those Red Sox fans who had to wait 85 years for a championship. We aren't even half way there!

5. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

dont forget we were 2-3 in 06 and finished 10-6 and made the wildcard....

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We are all frustrated, we're Jets fans afterall. The problem is the people that become irrational because of their frustration. You may not like my opinion here but calling the trade for Brett Favre a mistake after 3 weeks is as irrational as it gets.

7. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

ahhhhh, the perfect thread.

I`ve been pissed the fark off since 1998. I had gone to 143 consecutive Jets home games from 1984-2003(including all home playoff games). 1998 was the killer for me. The shame and ridicule I`ve endured throughout those lean years from Giants and Bills fans was tough. Things started to look brighter when FATcells came in, but he is the ultimate quitter and is only in the NFL for money and ego. It seems nothing ever changes for the Jets except faces. SAME OLD JETS year after year.
    It is early in this season to throw in the towel, but, it already ain`t lookin too good. A loss to Arizona pretty much ends our season. It`s not a divisional game nor is it even a conference game, but it will be a big stake in our 2008 coffin. Barely beating Miami, losing to a high school QB and then getting blown out on National Television ONCE AGAIN, so losing to Arizona will hurt big time. We are the Detroit Lions in green, thats all. Only difference between the Lions and Jets? They have their own house to suck in.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^bad comparison... we are like the chiefs or any other team that won in the early years and then nothing else.

the colts just got done with that until manning, and the packers had favre.... so I guess the Jets need their own iconic QB and a good DL to win one...

9. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

no way close to the Chiefs. Yeah, it`s been awhile since they won too. If you want to say it, the Dolphins havn`t won in a very long time as well. Thing is, the Chiefs have a great stadium, and it`s all theirs. They have much better fans too and their tailgates are second to none. There is a huge difference between us. We are more like the Lions/Cardinals/Browns without a home to suck in. :) We have to stop denying that the Jets are a great franchise. Gotta stop fooling ourselves. We simply aren`t that good. We had one Cinderella Season and it was just about 40 years ago.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

correct, but that cinderella season is so important to the growth of the game of football, thats why I hold my head high. Namath's persona, guarantee, and what he did for the merger were so important... we essentially gave birth to what the NFL is today.

When Namath dies and the contract is complete, Satan will let us go, so we can win again.

11. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

I sure as hell hope so. :lol: I ain`t no spring rooster anymore. :beer:

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I'd like to say that too but I'm not old enough to have actually experienced the thrill of that championship. I suspect that's true of about 90% of the fans on this forum. SBIII happened too long ago to mean much to me.

13. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Ah, but that team was well coached !

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A classic rant and I agree except for the part knocking the tuna. I am not sure any of us old timers would have survived being Jets fans without the pride and hope he gave us.

15. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Cheese WHIZ dude! MAN UP, already.

You wanna know why you're getting some abuse? You sound like the lead singer for an EMO band: "Feel my pain, poor me, Ow! Wow wow wow!"

Look, football is a weird, unpredictable sport. So relax and just enjoy the ride, win... lose... or fake spike right through your heart.

If you wanna back a winner to ease the pain? Go root for the Giants or somebody. Me? I still back the Jets. Jets fans are tougher and more resilient than those poofters who root for the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Patriots, and the rest of those playoff teams. In fact, many NFl fans root for a different team every F'N year! (They're the ones wearing the Jets #4 jersey, BTW.) But long time fans remember when those same weiners rooted for the Raiders and the Redskins and the 49ers...

So who are you with? A bunch of cool losers like us Jets fans?

Or those wussy-ass winners like the Giants fans?

J-E-T-S!

16. Bosko

Bosko Guest

You know, that's a good point about the Dolphins. They won SO MANY division titles over the years that you forget that they haven't won the Super Bowl since... Well, since a few years after the Jets won theirs.

Still... I hate their f'N guts for keeping us from the playoffs all those years.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Seriously, you came on a Jets forum to make a post about yourself? Ego much?

18. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Your right on the ball. I think we are all tired of this shit. Why can't it once be our turn. Tired of the excuses.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Dolphins = Knicks

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I have noticed myself (somewhat) getting drawn to champ and his posts, more and more lately...

...wonder what that is.

[​IMG]

#20 rmagedon, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008