Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I capitalize the F to refer to people who appear to root for Chad above all else, including the Jets as a team. Such people exist.

And I am totally not surprised that Chad Fans would tout him over Brett Favre the first chance they got, and, they have.

Ftr, I can never root for Miami. Never. And I also think the fact that Miami played NE last week has very little to do with the positive comments made here about Chad. If they had beaten say the Giants the comments would have been pretty much the same.

Why am I supposed to move on? I have no right to object when you and others get so misty eyed over a player I thought was dragging down the franchise? I have a right to my opinion.

We needed to move on from the Chad Era. The team has. It is over. Where to go from here is another subject, but the odds of Chad returning are nil. Thank God. Chad is not part of the equation.

It is really you and others who need to move on, or as I said take your discussion of a player on another team who is not up this week on the sched to the NFL threads where it belongs.

And don't take it so personally. It's just a message board.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Well then you didn't watch the game. Brown rolled up a lot of his numbers when Miami already had a big lead and was running more in the second half. Why didn't the Pats just put 8 in the box, since Chad can't throw 5 yards, is clearly washed up and can't play vs a good defense?

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Man,it's not even worth the argument anymore. There are so many "fans" that jumped on the 98 wagon that have no idea that as a jet fan it may be a damn long time beofre this team sees a QB that has the success Chad had here. We have Favre for 1 year. It will take probably 6-8 games before he's even effective here.

4. Italian Seafood

You guys are the ones who still want to argue about Chad, this is supposed to be a thread about how our new QB sucks.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So my opinion doesnt count.

When did I attack anyone personally?

GO Fuck yourself too. If you want to go to that level

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Not the first time you have made this accusation. Name some names. Then I want to see a single post where it says they wanted to see Chad win over the Jets. Just one. Otherwise we can go back to filing your greatest hits posts under "arrogant windbag". :up:

7. Italian Seafood

Well said. And get a better looking girl for your avatar, too. That one is homely.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

well..you got me...Big Mouth Porter and his 3 sacks also showed up....it wasn't all Ronnie Brown.

I told you...Penny didn't make any mistakes...but he didn't do anything spectacular either. He basically did what Matt Cassel did to us in week 2.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

My question here is how long do we have to wait?

1-3, 1-4, 1-5?

Every year, just wait...things will get better.

I am just frustrated.

And the personal attacks don't help.

10. rillo

rillo New Member

We have a bunch of new pieces in key spots, of course its gonna take a couple of games to gel. Nobody knows how long really, but I was expecting it, especially @ the QB position.

11. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We are stuck with him, for one season at least.:shit:

12. Italian Seafood

I didn't say he was spectacular, I said he played well and he did. Their run/pass was about even, most of the running in the second half when the game was lopsided. His team got 38 and won at NE, we managed 10 at home vs the same defense with the great Brett Favre.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we just played 2 AFC playoff teams in consecutive weeks....i feel your pain, bro...but i think we need to show a little more patience...if nothing improves after the "bye" week...then you're justified in your frustrations...

14. Big Blocker

Most of Chad's passing yardage during the first half came off short passes. Only two were listed as long. The numbers Brown put up, anyway, were points, which he did, not Pennington.

But you know, this discussion of the Pats Fish game is no doubt more interesting to Chad Fans than Jet Fans.

15. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Things that are an "of course" level of obviousness to some of us, are not to others apparently. Apparently football is simple, unlike any other professon you can hire a manager (quarterback) to come in and he's supposed to know exactly how things are done and the strengths of your staff & how to best work with them & from almost the very first day.

News to me too.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, and thought that before the season started.

But like I said, I bought into the hype on this board.

I see some good athletes, but I also see disarray.

Tired of my hopes being dashed. The season will get away real quick if these problems are not addressed. Like the saying goes, it is not just going to unfuck itself.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can agree with that, but if we lose next week, what an uphill battle.

18. Big Blocker

And no surprise you and other Chad Fans use that as an occasion to hold a Chd Fan reunion, pining for the good old days. It is revolting.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the Dolphins caught the Pats "flatfooted" with a bunch of gadget plays....and executed them well. I'm not sold on Penny, nor am i sold on the Phins.

The "great" Brett Favre also smoked your buddy Penny in week 1...with your logic...that should make him better..n'est pas?

the bottom line is...Penny stinks...and even more importantly, he's NOT with the Jets anymore....so let's get past this.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

After what the Dolphins just did to the pats I think we played one playoff team. Last night.