Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Our QB

Favres pocket presence has been terrible so far. He steps back when he should step up. He steps up when he should leave the pocket. He holds the ball to long. Etc.

He is not just out of sink with the recievers. He is out of sink with the offensive line.

He is playing like a rookie. Which is odd because other teams have new QB's in that are not taking so long to "learn" or "gel" with their offenses. Even Pennington has gelled with the phins better then Farve has gelled with the Jets.

I am starting to think its more of "you cant teach an old dog new tricks". The guy has only played one way for most of his career. And he seems uncapable of adjusting without making it rocket science.

I heard the MNF annoucers make excuses for him all night long. But the truth was, he is developing slow like a rookie. Not fast like a veteran.

I give him until after the bye week to improve. If he doesn't then we need to start developing our younger guys. They are the future and should be our real focus if things continue this way with Favre.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Shhhh ... it's well known that Minnesota and Tampa also need to sell PSLs right now too, that's the only reason they had for going after Favre.

LOL

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We've also been sold out with a huge waiting list for the past 25 years.

4. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Brett Favre QB 30-42, 271 yds 3 TDs, 2 INTs 98.whatever qb rating. Yeah this guy sucks..........Bring back the noodle arm!

5. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Was it REALLY necessary to start a new thread on this, instead of just posting to the 3-4 that were ALREADY created in the last 12 hours to discuss the EXACT SAME THING?

Please, everyone, don't post to this thread, let it die. The topic is valid, but the need for a new thread is NOT. Post to one of the other threads if you have something to say in response

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm going to put it as simply as I can....

The OL are all trying to gel together
    Favre is trying to gel with the OL
    The receivers are trying to gel with Favre
    Favre is trying to gel with the receivers
    Favre is trying to learn the playbook

ITS NOT AN OVER NIGHT THING! It will take some time! EVERYONE RELAX!

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Take a pill dude. You want me to post it at the end of a 10 page thread that most members are already done with.
    I think this site could handle 2 BF threads.

Most people dont want to surf 10 pages.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The point is is is taking longer then other teams with new veteran QB's.

9. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

He had two other passes, both thrown right at defensive players, that should have been intercepted. You can sugarcoat it anyway you want. He wasn't very good last night. Plus most of the yards came with the team way behind.

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

And we have a QB who turns 39 in 2 weeks, and has been taking some shots. Getting Farve was a short sighted move.

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Obviously the site mods disagreed with you, as they did combine it.

And the other thread that you said was done with, is still get posts every copuple minutes. It's perhaps the most active thread right now even.

If you want anyone to pay much attention to your analysis (your obvious goal for creating a brand new thread to discuss something that's already well covered -- and admitting you knew you were doing that, you just wanted your opinion on page 1 of the thread, not page 10), then don't distort reality so much in your posts.

12. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Award for obvious statement of the day goes to ... ShadeTree.

Yeah, the boards are just overflowing with people who expect Favre to still be the quarterback in three years. Glad you set them straight!

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

And I hate fans who think what happened (or didn't happen) 40 years ago has absolutely anything at all to do with whether the 2008 Jets win or lose games.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Like most of the others. I read page one and page 10. I dont have the time or desire to read a 10 page thread.

15. Murrell2878

Yes it was. But he gives us a better chance than Clemens or Pennington did. As much of a fan I am of Chad, his time had run out. We made huge investments and getting Favre was a great opportunity to get someone in here that can make those investements work. It's going to take some time but everything will be fine.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

So your whole reason to create a new thread was that you wanted people to read and respond to your opinion instead of those posting to the thread that already existed. I rest my case, you only created it to stroke your own self-importance.

Why don't we ALL post new threads every time we have something (anything) to say, LOL.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm right there with you on this. You can't expect this guy to be at a 100% when it is the first substantial change in his career and the short amount of time he's had to acclimate to the offense.

However, the other big glaring issue continues to be our defense. And Brett Favre does not play defense. So once again... it would appear the QB is not necessarily the issue with this team. I liked some of what I saw from the defense last week, but against a power offensive team the high school squad showed up. The defense really needs to step it up. The offense is coming along on its own. It will be there in another game or two.

18. Murrell2878

Chad is working with Dan Henning who he has had a relationship with in the past. It's not like Favre who is going to something completely foreign to him.

On a side note, Henning is one of my favorite OC's we've ever had!

19. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

If we don't turn it around and don't make the playoffs, Farve is out of here. Bank on it.

So then we hop on the retread QB line and take a huge step back.

20. Murrell2878

Thank you. And I think we all saw how valuable Jenkins is to our defense. If he's in the game there is no way Rivers steps up into the pocket like he did all night last night. There's a reason why he looked awful at the beginning.