Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I am one of the biggest chad haters there is, but he played very well against the Pats. Remind me what he did when his team was getting killed by the Cards though?

Our defense sucked balls when Jenkins went out. Favre's first INT was simply a great play by Cromartie - that wasn't a bad play by Favre. The other INT was clearly a miscommunication between him and Cotchery. We all knew that INT's came along with Favre all along anyway. The upside is that he can light defenses up when he's in sync with the offense.

The offense got a lot of practice in the passing game last night. That should help a lot with the chemistry. I expect them to play better this week and significantly better post bye-week.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Chad led the Jets to 1-8 last year. He sucked. I am glad he left.

Chad Fans are not a smart bunch, otherwise they would recognize the obvious - the Chad Era is over. Thank God.

I don't care if Favre completes another pass. He helped get that sack of doo doo out of town, and it's all upside after that.

Now, going forward, what is the best thing for the franchise? That's another story.

But the bleating Chad Fans here need to smarten up and at least get up to moron territory. Look at the roster. And know that Chad ain't coming back.

Thank you, Lord.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

5. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Chad Pennington would have this team at 2-1? Really?

Chad was AWFUL against Arizona.

Chad played nicely against the Pats, but Ronnie Brown pretty much won the game by himself.

And the NE game this year was not on Favre. Did you watch the game NYJUNC? Feely missed a gimme and our coaching staff decided to give the ball to Thomas Jones 3 times inside the 5.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Exactly Winston, carl banks said it yesterday on the Joe Benigno show, it's a 1 hit wonder, the college option, when caught on too, the guy that takes the snap is going to get killed...

7. nyjunc

Our Sts cost us in the NE game BUT our O scored 10 points, how do you expect to win when you score 10 points? give them the Feely miss and that's 13 points. That's not winning offense, Chad led his O to 38 points. AGAIN, that is more than we have scored in non-garbage time in 3 games!

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Chad led the Dolphins to 38 points?

lol

Just stop.

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

On the Dullphin boards last week they were crying for Chad henne...

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Chad ain't coming back. Stop crying.

11. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I give the Dolphins credit for the unorthodox approach against a NE team CHad has always struggled against, it obviously paid off.

But please dont get it twisted, CHad didnt "lead" them to 38 points. That's nonsense.

12. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Our defense had a chance to make a statement to open the second half. Instead, the lay down.

THe offense killed us in the first half with the turnovers, but if the defense doesnt play like absolute dogs the entire game...a comeback certainly wasnt out of the question.

Can we stop a team on third down? Ever?

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Actually he did. Three of Brown's four TDs were short runs after Chad led them into the red zone. He threw for 166 yards in the first half, then they started running more in the second half when they had a big lead and rolled up big rushing numbers. And he hasn't always struggled against the Pats, he's now been the winning QB at Foxboro three times, I don't know if any other QB in the NFL has done that more than once. Credit where it is due.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It doesn't seem like it. That's what takes the air out of the crowd at home games. We get up ten times on third down and get loud, only to be silenced by the opponent converting 3rd and long every time.

15. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Wait wait hold everything! It takes a strong arm to win damit right!?!?!? I mean come on now folks! How many NFL QBs threw for more than 4000 yards in their SB winning season? Must be a lot of them right?

(the answer is 4)

I NEVER baught into this trade. I like all the off season moves except the Favre deal. I think Chad would have had us 3-0 right now methodically moving our offense up and down the field with short and mid range accurate passing playing smart football (like most SB winning QBs did the year they won).

Yes Favre was one of the 4 ultra rare QBs to throw for more than 4k the year he won. Means nothing. He is a shell of the QB he was back then.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK so maybe we should just wait to get to the red zone with Chad and let him throw an interception with his one and only red zone play - the fade to the corner of the end zone. Ot maybe we could have just gotten rid of chad and kept KC and let him hand it off every play.

There is no logic here. Chad got the win because NE couldn't adjust for the single wing and the Miami o line was beating the hell out of the NE D. It's pretty simple shit.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Chad would have had us 3-0? That's a pretty bold statement considering the guy couldn't get us to 3-0 in how many years?

This was a total team failure, as was last week. Maybe if our D could have made some stops on the way to the 45 points they scored. Yes we gave them 21-28 points off TOs and a nutty call (which was ballsy)

Why? Because the jets couldn't shut down the passsing game. Just like the Broncos couldn't shut it down....

I can't see how anyone can point to a single entity for the failure. This was misery across the board.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Everyone knows we should have kept Chad because of the way he tore it up in TC and the pre-season. Chad Pennington can win games all by his lonesome, with his arsenal of 3 throws, all of which are under 15 yards. He doesn't make any mistakes, like INTs in the endzone, and he's very durable. If spreading the field were like spreading PB on a piece of bread, Chad would be more like putting it on crackers.

Maybe LC can finally start catching some balls. Although he had 2 nice ones last night. We should put him in the HOF because he finally earned part of his pay and stopped whining about his personal fucking bullshit.

It's clear that Chad was the ultimate choice for this team, because he was in a tight race in the preseason with the second coming of Glenn Foley. Yes...a tight race. Chad could have waved his towel and created a tornado that would have blown dust in Phillip Rivers' eyes and caused him to get picked.

Retards. Nothing but a bunch of retards.

19. nyjunc

Chad had his 1st ever RZ INT 2 years ago, he maybe has 2-3 in his career.

20. nyjunc

it's amazing how, when healthy, all he did was win and w/ less talent he led his team to a crushing win over NE while our O scored 10 pts in a loss.