Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The D sucked, Favre also sucked, Coles sucked, the OL sucked, the coaching sucked. Let me repeat Favre sucked. He looked uncomfortable and lost in the pocket and failed to get rid of the ball when he was in trouble, his decision making was terrible and he looks like he doesn't have the balls to step into his throws. You can see why he doesn't get hurt he constantly is throwing going backwards and probably doesn't take blows the way QB's who step into their throws do. Very dissapointing to watch.

By the way that's not unusual for older QB's. Namath became a back foot thrower later in his career because he had a great arm. It also turned him into a very bad QB at the end.

#81 winstonbiggs, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Please...come on Junc, you really believe that....give Favre a chance, I place most of the blame on the coaching staff, this is not a well coached team...including giving all the momentum back after a td with an ill-fated onside kick, roster spots wasted by Brad Smith, Wallace Wright, Erik Ainge, 2 punters, 2 kickers, 4 TE's, how about a backup nose tackle Jenkins gets hurt and we're in big trouble, and sorry but I'm glad Pennington is gone...

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Why is everyone harping on the first fucking onside kick? It bounced off of a Jet player's hands. It should have been Jets ball, the play was not executed.

It's the fucking defense that is the problem. They cannot get a stop when they need to get the ball back. Between New England and San Diego I think they went 25/26 on 3rd down conversions. This shit is frustrating.

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Yes we all did, but people are still riding high with emotion from getting smoked

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Everyone needs to relax. Favre is fine. It's the defense that's our biggest problem. Anyone who thought there weren't going to be bumps in the road were either clueless or had way too high expectations. I had us at 1-2 after three weeks anyway. So, I'm not worried at all.

6. matt robinson 17

Agreed, soft schedule ahead, but the D is a major concern...

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Who isn't giving him a chance? I want him to succeed and I know he will but will it be too late? W/ a healthy Chad knowing this offense there's no doubt we would have won the first 2 weeks and I doubt Chad makes those bad throws favre threw last night so maybe that game remians close for longer? We likely still lose last night but our O was worse last night than at any point a year ago outside of the Dallas game.

The D gave us a 7-0 lead, the D then held SD to a FG so we had a 7-3 lead. Our O then fumbled the ball deep in our territory leading to a SD TD and then we threw an INT for TD- how is that the D's fault again? The O then gets a gift getting the ball at the 4 and they score a TD so we get a little momentum back but blow it all again by going for the OS kick and giving SD the ball in our territory AGAIN.

The D has carried us the first 3 games, they are why we won in Miami, they are why we were in it against NE. We ahve been losing the FP battle all year ad the D had done a great job holding opponents down until last night and even as bas as they were it was the O's TOs(and a STs TO on the faild OSK) that led to TWENTY EIGHT 1st half points. The game was 38-14 in the 4th qtr, our d scored 7 points and our O scored 7 points w/ a drive that began on the SD FOUR! Our problem has been our dreadful offense not the D.

8. matt robinson 17

Sorry Junc, I respect your opinion but I don't buy into the Pennington stuff...

Agreed, too risky giving them the short field...

9. nyjunc

In back to back weeks we barely got 10 points at home against NE and he led them to 38 points. yes Brown was amazing but Chad was 17 of 20 in the game. That's w/ a brand new O and new players to adjust to like Favre(although Chad did have an advantage in that he has changed schemes multiple times and played a year in the henning system) and he led them to 38 points. That is more points than our O has scored this season in non garbage time points(in non garbage time our O has scored 37).

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I was against the move. He is too old. Whatever, at least they sold a bunch of merchandise.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Did you watch the game? He managed it well, no question...... but that's all he had to do as they ran that gimmicky direct snap 6 times, and it worked everytime!!! Chad looked BAD vs Arizona and started a debate about making Henne the starter after week 5.

12. nyjunc

he managed what well? he led su to 7 pooints through 3 qtrs and the 7 came on a drive that started at the SD 4 yard line. Favre was awful last night.

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Favre is going to throw dumb interceptions. We all knew this from day one. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

What he brings to the table is the ability to gun the ball down the field and bring some leadership and light a fire under this team. Chad, despite his good game on Sunday, still represents the move-the-chains, bend-don't-break, pussy mentality of the Same Old Jets.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

sorry, I meant Pennington vs NE

15. nyjunc

So when will he gun the ball down the field and bring some leadership and fire to this team?

16. nyjunc

he has alot less talent to work w/ and helped Miami whip NE when we couldn't beat them at home a week earlier.

17. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Let's face it. One of the major problems is not having a TRUE nose tackle. It showed last night the minute Jenkins went out with his back problems, that he has has for the past several years. We were controlling the line of scrimmage and getting pressure on Rivers. The minute he left the game, there were able to run the ball up the middle, and get to our linebackers. Without a good NT, the linebackers will blow.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Are you kidding me? You're giving Cp credit for the win? That's utter nonsense, junc.

19. nyjunc

He only gets credit for losses? Brown was great and the main reason Miami won BUT Chad played great, he didn't shoot his team in the foot all game long like favre did to us last night.

20. steviep

steviep Active Member