Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

Uh Chargers are an elite defense, if your going to take the first two games they played, take them with a grain of salt. If you watched football last year you would know what I mean. As far as I know unless NE one bad game completely strips them of their merits they are still an elite defense.

2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Ugh for Christ sakes... it's only game 3. Is Favre also guilty of allowing 1st down after another? Is he also guilty of not applying any pressure whatsoever on the opposing QB? Let's see how he plays on Sunday against the Cards. Don't jump the gun so soon. The season is far from over.

3. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Agreed give me a fucking break. It's game 3.

4. Mr. Papagiorgio

Favre didn't have the best of games, but there is still some growing pains going on, so I think things will get better. This offense is a lot different than Green Bay's. When they run plays similar to the Green Bay's like the quick throws in the the spread formations, they seem to work well. The first int should have been caught by Coles (and also could have been a pass interference). The second int was obviously some miscommunication that was either on the WR, the QB, or both. Favre finished the game with a 92.6 passer rating.

5. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

The lack of pressure on Rivers was pathetic, and the zebras were awful. I know thats the loser's complaint, but the horse collaring, the pass interference/defensive holding. Did the Chargers really only commit one penalty while the game was still competitive?

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

Then go hop on the bandwagon of one of your other four fucking teams.

No one will miss you.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What? Favre making dumb mistakes but just chucking the ball down the field? NOOOOOO!!!!!111!!!1!!11!1 I knew he was going to crap himself eventually and I knew the media and this board were going to tear him apart the first time they/we could pin a loss on him. This is exactly what we should have expected from him. 1-2 while struggling against an elite defense. He still needs time to work with his WRs and the playbook and neither this board or the media are going to give him the patience.

8. The GM

The GM New Member

screw the guy who made this thread and screw the people who go "yeah! I agree! The Jets suck, Brett Favre sucks, bring back Pennington!"

Brett Fare is the quarterback of the New York Jets. If you are an actual New York Jets fan you support your team, and thus your quarterback. It is 3 games into the season and Favre didn't relly get any offseason time with the team.

Regardless, he is still better out there then Pennington, and don't say Pennington led the Dolphins to a win over the Pats when Favre couldn't with the Jets, because Ronnie Brown did that by himself.

Going even further, the Jets are 1-2. Do you know who else was 1-2 with a fan base that was clamoring for the head of their QB last year? The Giants.

Brett Favre is the quarterback of the Jets whether you like it or not,so if you are a Jets fan than support him and your team. If not leave, your presence will likely not be missed, unless someone accustomed to your whining and moaning begins to miss your pessimism.

The coaches are started to utilize the passing game more, Favre is starting to a build a better connection with the receivers, but it isn't all there yet. We have the pieces but they aren't perfectly in place as of today. You can tell from Weddle's INT of Favre that miscommunications are still happening and probably will for a little while longer. Give it time.

Just because he is Brett Favre and a living legend doesn't mean he is going to come in and the Jets go 16-0. You Debbie Downers disgust me.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Having your ass on this board is a mistake!

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

So true....and fuckingreal...!

11. rikj99

rikj99 Member

I expected us to be 1-2 at this point in the season with the teams we had to play. I fully expect us to be 5-2 at that point in the season with the teams we have to play.

Just give it time, at least with a relatively early bye week Favre may be able to do some extra homework on the playbook and be able to move forward.

Mangini does however need to address the complete lack of aggression in this team offensive and defensive play calling.

Special Teams return game is the only one that is clicking at the moment.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Guess Green Bay wasn't so stupid after all. Can't blame this one on coaching. Favre looks 48, not 38. This team is unbelievable. We can't even be competetive.We are a laughing stock. I can't take anymore of this crap.
    Our only hope is Ratliff is the real deal. sad part is, you can't even put him in if Favre struggles.Everybodies afraid to get on him(favre).he lookslike he should be wearing his Wranglers, while mowing his lawn on a Snapper mower!

13. uberchink

uberchink New Member

you guys are a sad bunch you know

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's BS, both Coles and Cotch can get downfield. They can get downfield as well as Driver and Jennings. That's not the issue. It's hard changing systems after 16 years especially w/ a month to go before a season starts, he's thinking too much out there and that's not a good thing. All my worst fears about this move are coming true. I just hope by the time he gets it we aren't out of it. Sunday is an absolute must won, after that we have a break in the sched so we can get back in it.

As frustrating as this start has been it's too early to give up on him or the team but we aren't seeing the good favre and we'd be at least 2-1 had we kept Chad.

I just hope jenkins is OK b/c our D isn't very good w/o him and we need our D to be really good while the O takes its time getting their act together.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Drivel. Absolute drivel.

16. woutervz

woutervz Member

It's only game 3, and they really would have surprised me to have a W at San Diego on the road, I'm just glad that this game is over. We have to travel 4 times accross country with this being the toughest game so we should be glad to have this at the beginning. Let's go for a 2-2 record in the bye week, if they can reach that I will be more then happy!! :jets:

17. nyjunc

Our O stinks, our ineffectivness on O is killing us and outting our D in bad spots. They were able to keep us in games the first 2 weeks but yo can't keep putting them in bad spots. Chad led a much less talented team to a rout of NE a week after we were beaten at home by NE.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Brett completed 71% of his passes and 3 TDs

Yes he through two INts, but one Coles should have had and the other was a misread or a throw away that didn't go far enough.

The blame is on the Deffense. They had no sacks, FF and let way too many big plays happen.

It proves Jenkins is the heart of the defense and when he isn't there we will lose.

Also, our rusjing game is still pathetic. we spend that much on the offensive line and we can niether run the ball or protect the QB.

Don't blame Brett, he didn't fumble the ball and had good numbers. Which is amazing since he was running for his life must the time.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Brett ended last season on a high note. That's probably was a big part of him wanting to come back to football. After the ass kicking he's gonna take here if this crap continues,i wonder if he'll finish the season

20. nyjunc

:rofl::rofl: I knew someone would show us his #s and claim he had a good game. We turned it over 4 times after we led 7-3 and all 4 led to SD TDs, it doesn't matter what he did in garbarg time. In the competitive portion of the game he led our O to ONE TD on a drive that started at the SD 4 yard line.