If ManHerm calls like Herm again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't give it a flying fuck. I don't care whether this team won jack shit in the past millenium for all I can tell you. If the coach fails even when he has all the tools he claimed he needed, every fan has a right to call for his head. I saw him basically goof off last year because his 3-4 didn't have that prototypical NT nor did his QB possess any arm - and I gave him a pass. Now what's the excuse? He MUST perform now, and he is not performing. That's the root of the problem.

2. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

The Buffalo Bills

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

what funny about that is I wrote that too and then deleted it before I hit submit post... good to see we are on the same page.

4. Bosko

Bosko Guest

It's fair enough to call for the head coach's head when/if Mangini fails...

But...

There's just TOO much history in the NFL and in recent sports where teams can turn it around quickly. And to me... EVEN THOUGH I HATE MANWEENIE WITH A PASSION!... calling for a coach's dismissal after ONE LOSS makes you look, well...

Sorry. There no other way to put this but...

YOU LOOK STUPID, DUDE!

So if I wuz you? I'd relax, drink a beer, smoke a cig, and wait until AFTER the bye week to make all these pronouncements on how the Jets season ended in Week Two because we lost to the Patriots.

Here's something else, dude? Man, I sure would HATE to be your employee if you are this hardass on your football team... You sound like the kind of guy who fires your secretary every other week and the office manager every other week!

Sometimes, things just can't be helped: Your QB throws an INT instead of a TD, your superstar running back fumbles the ball on the goal line, your superstar defensive end makes a sack and then fumbles the ball back to the other team, the other team's QB throws a fake spike and scores a TD on the play, you sack the other team's QB and this nobody guy turns into "The Greatest Player Of All Time," your QB throws a shovel pass and it turns into the worst play of all time, you make it to the championship game and the other coach leaves the field uncovered during a HUGE rainstorm so that you play in a huge pile of mud, You build a team around a star QB and this guy somehow suffers a freak injury and is lost for the entire season... And you lose a game. Or two. Or more.

Dude. If you are a true Jets fan? You are used to this shit by now, and you (hopefully) root for the team anyhow.

But you sound like maybe you aren't used to this kind of thing.

So my advice for YOU is to go root for the Giants, or the Cowboys, or the Steelers, or whoever the front-runner is this season. I will just stay with my Jets.

5. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

The Pats couldn't stop the run vs Miami..Jets shut down the Miami duo..Its the f**king NFL, in any given week any team can win..Pats played shitty this week,thats what happened..The letdown after "the rally around the backup QB game" came into affect. Comparing the Phins win to the Jets loss is moronic..Each game is its own entity.If you don't see this you really know 0 about the NFL.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well. Maybe I am too harsh on Mangini. Maybe because I had such a high hope in him. (Maybe I should have known better, eh?)

And... well. Wins and Loss matters a lot, but to me, playing the full 4 quarters is equally important - especially 4th quarter, since that's where flubs lose their won game. I am willing to give Mangini a pass for last year's fuckups, but I've seen him fail miserably twice already (Thank god for Pennington's last second INT - or Jets are 0-2 now.) and my patience is growing short.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

its really this simple and summed up best by the coaches themselves in the post game interviews:

mangini after loss to pats: we were out coached
    belicheck after loss to fish: we were out coached

how true, how true.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

We. Are. 1. And. 1.