If ManHerm calls like Herm again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Sep 21, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the Bolts secondary blows, lets try it.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

You just imagined that...we don't have the balls to do that.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Mangini allows that to happen... that is.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Why is everyone bashing Mangini for the Playcalling. He?s a Defensive minded Coach, you would think that it?s Shotty who actually calles the plays.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its the philosophy of "its starts at the top and rolls down from there" but you are right... Schotty is showing signs of his father's play calling, which won't get you to the big game. Marty ball should die with him, not live on. But its too early to put that stamp on him... But it can be speculated.

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I'd like to point out that the Jets have lost one game so far.

They added a lot of new players in the offseason, and they look like some of them are good players and upgrade the talent on this team.

It takes time for a team that's been rebuilt like this for the chemistry to gel.

I don't like "Mangenius" any better than the rest of his critics, I entered this board predicting that he'd find a way to ruin this season but at this point I'd like to be wrong.

You can't fire the coach after two games, so let's wait until mid-season before starting the chants and circulating the petitions...

Does that make any sense?

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes, but its the frustration of not adjusting... Herm never adjusted, then got on his soapbox and wowed you with speeches to stay complacent and dumb.. and the Jets had Curtis Martin.

Mangini can't convince anyone like that if he doesn't make adjustments... but a recent article says he is making them, which bodes well for fan confidence. I'm personally not asking for a night and day difference in the scoring in one week, but a sunrise into sunset would be nice.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

You can see the adjust during the game...

We were running the ball on the Pats. Tried and failed 3 times to run the ball in at the goal line.

Next time we're down in the red zone what do we do? Fade route.

If you guys paid attention instead of bitching about coulda, woulda, shouldas based on hindsight and a weird need to blame shit on someone or something...well you'd have noticed that. Or at least caught it.

But we didn't win, therefore we didn't adjust to...being dominated on special teams, committing penalties, not pushing a DL we ran on at the goal line, and so on...all a matter of coaching straff...no execution issues whatsoever....

Bosko's got it right. Why pretend to know anything when you nothing...the only thing you do know is that you can assume everything you're assuming is wrong because you can't be proven right...

10. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I'm with you, NDmick, but I would hate to start hearing "FIRE MANGINI" chants before the bye week arrives. It's too early for the Jets to hear that kind of stuff at home. I'm sure Bret Favre isn't used to it.

If Mangini can't win Monday night (which is a tough spot), I'd give the team a break. But if he can't manage manage the three wins after the bye week? Off with his head.

#30 Bosko, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Not even that - I never expected such a drastic change.

What was bothering the hell out of me was the way calls were made. On both sides of the ball, Jets wasted their talents heftily. They got massive body in the middle to clog the running lane - and good secondary to cover the receiver. This means you must go for the head of the QB. Instead Mangini sits on his lead, nervously watching (and praying) Pennington's last-minute INT. Then instead of making Cassel throw to beat them, he voluntarily grounds into the game, playing right into Patriots' strength. I mean, what the fuck?? Why he so staunchly refuses to attack the weakness of the opponent with his strength, I just have no fucking clue. This better change - and it should change FAST.

Ok... I'm willing to watch how the season goes. My doubt is, if something quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and flaps like a duck, maybe that something IS a duck.

12. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

uh......let's get ready for San Diego fellas..........let it go............just let it go

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't want him fired, I have a lot of confidence in the CS.... I just want them to kick a team when they are down, spit on them and laugh - and then go get another 13 pts in one quarter... I want teams to circle the Jets on their schedule and put a note next to it, "stay strong" - I want to be feared as a franchise. The talent and the minds are there, it needs to be seen though. I want to a 4th qtr where no one scores and a team looks dejected after playing the Jets.

Its not asking for much, its asking for football to be played- I know this team has that in them.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that paragraph is how I feel as well. My above post is the dream wanting to come true.

Good post.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

:raiders::raiders:

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ I can't wait for that, then Kiffin goes to KC after Herm gets fired and leads that team back to an era comparable to the Stram Era - like Shanahan did for DEN.

17. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

Miami right now is the best of the three. Then NE then the Jets.

Thats how I see it right now. We BARELY beat the Phins and they manhandled the Pats which basically manhandled the Jets.

18. mesheler

mesheler Member

VERY nice usage of Google Images there, Badger. I hope everyone goes back and appreciates the genius of that response:)

19. Unbelieveable how demanding this fan base is when we've won jack shit in 40 years.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

amazing what a HOF QB can do to a fan base... kinda scary.