D'Brick had another solid outing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just because the world believes that brick deserved the #4 ranking does not make him superman. You yourselve admit he is is a minus as as a run blocker so you are confirming that we got less then whole player with that pick. To say Callahan & Fancea have improved him are just alibis due to to much spiked NYJ koolaid IMHO

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not calling him superman, I'm saying he was solid in pass protection against the Pats.

[​IMG]

3. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

Count me as one of the people who wasnt sold on brick.

Imo up until this yr brick has been part of the problem with this oline. This yr having watched all the games multiple times and focusing on him and others im confident he will be servicable. His run blocking is subpar and he is in no way, shape or form a franchise type LT but he is good enough in passprotection to be decent. He will never play up to his drafted position imo though.

The guy i thought would show more is faneca, dont get me wrong he has looked solid but i thought he would be more dominent in the run game than he has been so far. NE is tough up front so lets see this week.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if you want less then a franchise LT on the OLine then OK

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the majority of the board has already agreed that he won't live up to his draft status. You are tilting at windmills.

6. I hate to tell you...but when you're talking about a franchise LT...you're talking about pass protection. Pace, Jones, Peters, mckinnie are paid the big bucks to protect their franchise's biggest asset: The QB.

Brick has been VERY good and pass protection..and if he keeps developing(which he is) he has a chance to bee special. Say what you will about his run blocking..he was brought here for his pass protection...which he has become very good at.

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

In related news, the guy a lot of the armchair GMs wanted may finally be playing again:

I wonder who would be backing him up if we drafted him instead?

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I do think Favre has had several plays where he has dodged the pass rush, plays where some recent Jet Qb's probably would have gone down or just not gotten the play off. That is consistent with Favre's career, and it has happened again, and obviously that has helped the O avoid sacks and hurries to at least some extent, making the overall numbers look better than they otherwise would be.

As for Ferguson in particular, while there is some variety of opinion about him, the parameters are not that far apart - he's not a complete LT and will probably never justify his high pick, but is serviceable on the whole, good in pass protection, not so much for the run.

9. Grogan

Grogan Banned

First off each one of those guys you mention are flat out "GREAT" in pass protection and, damn good run blockers as well. How hard is it for some Jet fans to come to grips that D bust is a major disapointment? I mean it happens to all teams, whats so hard about dealing with reality. The Jets got the Mangold pick right, but instead of being happy about that, the go on a quest to convince themselves and other that he's not a major bust.

10. abyzmul

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I wonder how Richard Seymour and Adalius Thomas feel about being handled for most of Sunday by a major bust. I mean, I heard they're supposed to be pretty good? Seymour must be especially embarrassed about being pancaked by D'Bust.

#111 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  12. If he's as bad as you say...and we're as foolish as you think... why not...

A. Give some examples that support your little theory like has been requested of you several times. It's ok if you don't understand offensive line x's and o's..most patriot fans don't.

B. Ignore the thread completely? If we're THAT far out there..why even bother?

You won't have an answer for either..b/c you're nothing but a troll.

13. Grogan

Grogan Banned

My god some of you live 24/7 in a fantasy world, I've already pointed out 80% of of plays Seymour lined up against D Bust, either run or pass. The fact is, D Bust could be a friggin speed bump and you would be thrilled with his effort out there. You would rather blame the coachs for calling three goalline running plays than ask yourself why your O-line couldn't gain three yards in three attempts. Belive what you want, whatever helps you sleep.

14. abyzmul

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Since we have some patriot fans here, how's your second round pick....Chad Jackson?

16. Or how bout Adrian Klemm.

17. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Couple o' winners running wild in here. If we can we keep this going for a while longer, I think the good times could just be getting started.

18. I'm not even sure what all the fuss is over. Like...from the pats fans perspective...if Brick is really good...so what? They still beat us twice a year and routinely humble us into realization about how miserable our franchise is.. it makes no difference.

Jet fans have never been shy in the past to call a player a bust..or to say one stinks....why would they suddenly feel the need to "protect" Brick? He's a 3rd year player..the honeymoon is over. Those of us who KNOW how well Brick has played have no bias and nothing to hide.

#118 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  19. JetsLookingforDWare

Why is that normal?

Seriously, what's he done that has so many so sure he'll never live up to his draft status? Cause he hasn't done it...so far...in whoevers humble opinion? Cause the Jets picked him? Cause he's not that talented? Cause he hasn't improved every year over his career?

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Not every #4 pick is going to be an Adrian Petersen, or a Ryan Leaf (i know, but he is in the top 4)