D'Brick had another solid outing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you don't know where a 5 technique DE lines up do you?

2. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Hope??? How about reality? This isn't about being a rival fan, it's about actually knowing something about football. A friggin Pee-wee football coach could look at that tape and figure out how bad D Brick was against Seymour.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Grogan, please point out the plays where D'Brick was beat by Shemour. There were about 3 plays where D'brick was driven backwards by a bullrush all game, but his man never got by him or to the QB.

#43 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  4. JerodMayoJackedMeUp!

You have some low standards for a #4 overall pick.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

That certainly added value to the thread. :up:

6. Grogan

Grogan Banned

You clearly don't know what your talking about, if you can't look at the tape and understand how D Brick was abused and beaten all day long, then you don't know football or line play. If the only thing you can point to as proof is sacks and tackles, then you don't understand football or line play. Several of your fellow Jet fans get this, you don't. There is a diffrence between being a fan and understanding football, if you can't see what the tape shows reguardless of who your team is than nothing I say will be able to teach you anything.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Grogan, you're kinda good at talking shit, but your football knowledge nonexistent, way below that of, say, RaiderJoe; only thing is, he's comical while you're just annoying.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Good way of skirting around the question.

You are losing credibility fast.

Who here is backing you? No one.

9. The Uniform Bomber

You didn't try to "teach" anything. He sited specific examples where Brick got beat - all 3 of them.

Then he asked you to site examples - which there should be plenty if "Seymour abused him all day" - but you respond with this mass of vague ignorance.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

Grogan, please point out the plays where D'Brick was beat by Shemour.

edit: For the record I'm not sitting here trying to call myself a fountain of football knowledge because I'm not. I'm a fan, and I've played offensive line since I was 16 at a very low level. I rewatched the game focusing on D'Brick and think I have a decent idea of how to determine whether an o-lineman was beat or not.

#50 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  11. The Uniform Bomber

Well Grogan, now you have the thread's attention. We're all waiting for you to show us the multitude of times Seymour beat Brick. So, let's see it.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Grogan, please impress us with your depth of knowledge, we are all waiting.

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Grogan? Grogan?

14. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Are you joking, what plays? If any of you honestly watched the tape you wouldn't need me to teach you anything. However here's a start for thoses with the balls to actually do it. First off count the number of times Seymour lined up against D Brick, also include stunts, then count the number of times Seymour beat D Brick off the ball, then count how many times Seymours pressures caused Favre to adjust his set up in the pocket, then count how many times the RB had adjust his cut based on Seymours pressure into the back field. Add all that up, and compare it against the # plays D Brick stoned Seymour for nothing, and then get back to and tell me how great D Brick was. Then again why am I bothering, explaining this to Kool Aid drinking Jets fans that belive Line play is all about sacks and Tackles.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Dude - I've already rewatched the tape and told you what I saw. You're saying I'm wrong. So it's totally on you to tell us what plays he got beat, not the other way around.

Unless you're going to provide examples then you're doing nothing but running your mouth.

Grogan, please point out the plays where D'Brick was beat by Shemour.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I finally have a DVR and my own apartment....but I cant get NFL NETWORK!!! Fast forwards are awesome though, especially when they play a player or coaches comment as they show the play....

17. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Really then if you watched the tape, what are the numbers???? No???? I didn't think you would have the balls to look at it objectively and see reality. Much easier to wave the pom poms, smile, and belive what you want to.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Easier to be a troll with no evidence as well.

19. Grogan

Grogan Banned

So I guess you can't watch the tape either? The evidence is all right there to see, just do the count and you'll find that Seymour beat D Brick 80% of the time, either causing Fave to adjust his position in the pocket, take his eyes off down field, make the RB adjust to his pressure. It's all there, and it's not rocket science, but of course Jet fans like you don't want to see it, just keep those pom poms high, it'll be alright:up:.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

80 percent of the time?