D'Brick had another solid outing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

question: do good left tackles EVER excell at run blocking? most teams run to their right side that they bulk up with run blockers and road graders. pass protectors on the left side, road graders on the right side seems to be the norm. so.....how big a deal is it if d'brick 'only' becomes the best blind side pass protector in the nfl but only average on run blocking? is run blocking even expected from the left side?

2. Grogan

Grogan Banned

What game where you watching? Please tell me your joking? Seymour abused D Bust all day, it wasn't even funny how many time he was in the Jets backfield. You should put that DVR and a good set aof glasses to work becauses D bust was owned.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

How many tackles and sacks did Seymour have?

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I looked it up for you, he had two solo tackles, one assist and a sack.

If that is all one Ferguson, I am not even sure.

Anyways, if that is abusing a lineman, what do you call Jenkins with six tackles and sack. Sodomy?

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know at least twice Seymour beat Faneca to get in the backfield, but I'm only sure one of those penetrations led to a tackle.

6. Tight

Tight Active Member

Are you finally done with the super sarcastic shit...

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And that is the point, you can't blame everything on Ferguson, he may have been assigned a different man, maybe the outside linebacker for example.

But in on three tackles and one sack. That is not "abusing" a line.

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Afaik a Sack also counts as a Tackle. I think Seymor had that Sack against Faneca and one Solo on the Goallinestand, not sure who he was up against.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

They count a sack as a tackle as well?

Not sure why they would to that. One category or another in my mind.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

No, you're wrong, and nothing more than a troll. Please go back and watch for yourself if you don't believe me.

On the sack play Ferguson was blocking someone else.

11. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I?m pretty sure, they do. Same with a FF.

12. Brick has been our best lineman this year. Better than both mangold and Faneca. Second best has been Woody. Tackle play has been outstanding.

13. Yep....Patriot fans REFUSE to give jet fans the SLIGHTEST bit of hope w/ their young stars. Even if Brick was rarely even ON Seymour for the majority of the game..or that he played VERY well.anything to try and crush our dreams of any hope in the future. Again I ask....isn't beating us twice a year enough?

14. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

It's because our history of poor early draft picks. After the first two years, it looks like D'brick was going to be another one.

He's played a lot better, and it is 100% because of Faneca (which is not a knock on D'Brick). Fact is, you have one of the best guards in the NFL next to him, helping him, working with him.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm I think you need ur eyes examined real fast because in case you forgot the NEPs DLine totally MANHANDLED our OLine

16. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Isn't that oversimplifying things?

17. Sorry that's just not true. That's what made the offensive performance so frustrating...the O-line was winning the battle 80% of the time. There were really only 2 bad plays that the Ol was responsible for: Faneca getting blown up on a botched pick up assignment that led to a sack, and Seymour beating Brick to the spot on the goaline on 3rd down.The other sack was Washington's fault, and the other major QB pressure was Franks fault.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Champ, I watched D'Brick every play and he was very good in pass protection. He was average to above average as a run blocker. Go rewatch the game yourself and get back to us.

I didn't focus on the o-line as a whole, but when you rush for over 100 yards averaging 4.95 yards per carry I find it hard to believe your o-line was manhandled by the opposing d-line. They also only allowed 2 sacks all game - neither of which were allowed by an o-lineman. They were manhandled on the goal line stand the Pats had, I'll give you that.

Our drives were killed mostly by penalties and untimely drops IMO. While those things are not inexcusable or good, they do not point to the o-line being dominated.

#38 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

so if the other 4 guys get beat up and Brick plays well its Bricks fault too??? Guilty by association I got ya... wrong.

20. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Is tackles and sacks your only measure of of a tackles play? Seymour was in the back field creating pressure all day. Most of it was off the edge against D Bust. The tape doesn't lie, anyone that thinks D Brick was great, doesn't know football.