Anyone Know Where David Harris Is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PJ4Ever, Sep 16, 2008.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Seems as if he's gone missing.

I think he's been the biggest disappointment so far on the defensive side of the ball. Jenkins is playing phenomenal and has been the defensive mvp so far. coleman and ellis are solid. pace and b. thomas have been great. but that middle lb corps is a bit weak right now. eric barton can't defend anyone on passing downs and harris has, quite honestly, been invisible so far in the first two games. what do you guys think?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Our run defense has been stout, and that's the most important thing when talking about the ILB's. I think teams are probably game planning for him this year either by avoiding running towards him all together or getting a couple of bodies on him. Honestly I haven't paid much individual attention to him though - this is just an assumption on my part. You do make a good point.

3. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

I think Jenkins is making all the tackles that the ILBs would normally make.

4. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I haven't seen him miss a tackle or blow coverage so I have no complaints.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Funny thing that happens to a MLB. If other people around him start making plays, he doe not have to do every damn thing himself. Pace, Jenkins, Ellis, and Thomas are all doing great things so far this season. Thats four other guys in the front seven that are taking away stats and big plays from Harris.

Just because he is not putting up monster numbers does not mean he is playing badly. The fact is if our D continues to play like it is he will have a very off season statisticly and thats fine, because other guys are eating up the taclkes he was getting last year. Good for us as a unit overall.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i haven't seen a RB get by him yet, or a receiver embarrass him. He's doing his job, but there are playmakers on the defense now, they take the weight off his shoulders.

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I know right? Its December and Harris had'nt had a good outing the whole season. He's got to make about 30 tackles a game to be on the Jets team, else he's a disappointment and his ass will be traded in the off season. He only made 8 tackles last wk on 49 plays. Thats only like 16% of tackles. He's got to be making about 60% of the tackles. 30% for Revis and Rhodes and 2% each for Pace, Jenkins, Barton, Thomas, and Ellis. Lowery is a rookie so its ok if he does'nt tackle at all and runs along the WRs and RBs. All other defenders can just wonder around and like they play for the Jets.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly. Last year he had to make up for Robertson. This year, Jenkins and Coleman for example are getting alot of tackles. Jenkins had 6 tackles sunday, pretty good for a NT.

Harris was in on eight tackles...4 solo, 4 assists. Not a bad days work. When the lineman are making tackles, that is a good thing, it means the first line of defense is doing its job and then some.

9. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

agreed I have mentioend this a few other times, not exactly looking lke the saviour to the D, but arguably it is more the coaching involved, he looks to be used more as a front seven safety than a playmaker like the OLBs are being used

10. flgreen

flgreen New Member

I don't understand this. The guy has 19 tackles in two games, and he's a total disappointment?

From Erik Bolands Blog

* In the game release we got today are some redone defensive stats from Sunday?s game. Among the altered totals: Sunday, Eric Barton was credited as the Jets leader with 6 total tackles. ). The coaches? film showed David Harris to be the leader with 11 (compared to 5 SundayBryan Thomas? quarterback pressures went to 3 from 2 and Cody Spencer?s special teams tackle total increased to 4 from 2.

That was the Fish game. Sunday he had another 8

11. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I thought there was an article on here about he and Barton switching ILB responsibilities that would probably lead to a less visible, but still important role.

Not even sure what to search to find it.

12. JetsLookingforDWare

David Harris = Bust?

13. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

Kris Jenkins has been making a ton of plays on against the run....Harris is around, hes racking up a few tackles here and there....he isn't as important in stopping the run as he was last year. Gotta love Jenkins, makes others jobs much easier.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Still...thats not 60 tackles. We want him to make 30 tackle a game, not 19 in two games. PJ4Ever is correct, David Harris is a bust and a one year wonder. At this rate, he'll only get 152 tackles for the yr. Not acceptable. He'll be released...mark my words...

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Harris & Thomas for McFadden?

edit: Seriously though, I do think the OP makes a good point in terms of him not appearing as dominant as last year in terms of making all kinds of tackles. I think others have followed up with good points as to why.

#15 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Banging your mom.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is getting silly. He's been fine. He's made the plays he's supposed to make. THe difference is, is he is not the only one making plays on defense.

19. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I think he is geting lots of tackles, but not explicitly making big plays, which was the knock on Vilma. Thomas and Pace are in the big play roles in the LBs. Barton is also looking more like a freelancer. Again this is not so much Harris's fault, as he is being told to stay home by the coaching staff and be the rock in the middle to handle others mistakes

On the positive I am impressed with Ellis this season

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Im not gonna panic its only 2 Games but when you look and see that Jonathan Vilma is leading the NFL in tackles at this point its pretty damn discouraging. An Abraham leads the NFL in sacks by the way. B.T. is right behind him though so not all is lost i guess.