At The Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

I've been going forever myself, and I see nothing wrong with having cheerleaders....or having some beautiful woman interviewing celebs and fans in the stands before the game and in-between the action. It's not gay. Now, someone complaining about hot cheerleaders and super hot interviewers.....one could make the argument that that's gay.

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I thought the crowd was great, but what's with the NO STANDING sh1t lately? I was lucky enough to get 1st row seats in the end zone (although my mezz seats are MUCH better), and 3rd downs, and also a few big plays for the Jets I would get up out of my seat. People kept yelling "SIT DOWN!!", like they were watching a Broadway play??? It took everything I had to bite my lip and say nothing...But all in all, I thought the crowd was as loud as it was against the Packers and Colts in 2000.

3. sect105

sect105 New Member

I for one hate the cheerleaders. They look like they are wearing Diapers and have on Hats that cooks in a diner wear. The dance to the exact same songs every game.

One thing that is getting pretty evident though, is that during every "downtime" there has to be either Cheerleaders dancing or some stupid interview or contest.

I do not remember seeing even any highlights from other games.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is what happens when you guys miss the pre-season...
    This is Not the 1st time we've seen this and they've been doing some of it since last year.

-The New announcer is 100% better than the generic one we had for 10 years.
    -The New "stadium experience" is what it's all about.
    -Marc Ecko designed the suits and they wanted his Ideas behind it.

While I agree, some of it isn't football and I'm hoping for more "Football related" interviews and such but you gotta understand.
    The stadium has changed. There are 200% more women & kids at the games now and that's where it's being focused.

I myself like the announcer, he adds excitement not like the cardboard cutout that was there before.

on another note, Most Mf'ers on here were crying that we didn't have cheerleaders Now, theres bitchin about what they're wearing!!!??
    You gotta be kiddin me.

#44 Royal Tee, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  5. sect105

sect105 New Member

Hate to say it, BUT ...Here is a big difference. Last year Giant fans stood the entire game against the Pats, we don't. The game was never too far out of reach, that we couldn't stand. I have no problem with people sitting, but to tell people to sit down does not make sense, when 70% of the fans are standing.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Where the hell were you sitting?

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I heard--not sure about this--that our PA guy is also the Mets PA guy and the Mets take priority, so we got the Rutgers guy for a game or two. I don't attend Met games so I don't know for sure.

Regarding the Netsification of game day, it might come in handy when we're 3-10 and sitting there in the freezing rain. Then again, it might not. My wife enjoyed Lifehouse at halftime, at least they didn't get the shit booed out of them like that no-name band in 2002 when the Pats killed us in the rain on opening day. I think that one was 35-0 by the time the band went on at the half.

8. sect105

sect105 New Member

Gotta tell ya, that we have not had a generic announcer for the last 10 years. The guy that did the Islander/Jets Games was very good, and now the guy that also does the Mets is good as well.

What was better than hearing Tackled by.. MOOOOOOOO LEEWWWWWWIS

Or TD by CURRRTTIIISSSSSSS MAAAAARRRRRRRTTTIN!

Now we hear.....

tackle (long pause) By (long pause) Pace. The guy does not even say the players first name.

Pass by (long pause) Farve.

DREADFUL!

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I didn't even realize it but you're right. Not a single highlight.

10. Royal Tee

Hey, I'll respect your opinion but IMO, I like that.
    When we're on D.
    3rd Down...........................................& 8!!!

I guess subliminally I hear the old guy and tie it to all the heartaches.. :lol:

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I guess it's good that where I sit, you can't hear anything over the PA. It does suck not being able to hear the refs on a penalty call tho.

12. Italian Seafood

I'm that way, too. I can still hear him touting Blair Thomas and Marvin Washington as future NFL stars I need to read about in today's program.

Also, I didn't hear the PC Richard whistle thing, which has annoyed me for years.

#52 Italian Seafood, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  13. sect105

sect105 New Member

You remember those? They still have it. "And that is todays JETS Rising Star"

The PC Richard thing was there! Everytime there was a "good" replay. They sponser the replay.

14. Italian Seafood

Really? I honestly didn't notice it yesterday. I guess we didn't have that many good replays. Every time they showed the "Jets game highlights" it was the same three plays and the field goal at the end. You know it's bad when they have to include the field goal.

15. Royal Tee

Who U Tellin!? I h8 that shit!

I'm just hoping they drop the friggin Neil Diamond and Hi-de Ho Bullshit while they're at it.
    Nuthin kills a crowd more thanwhen the Jets take a 4thQ lead and all of a sudden one of those somber songs breaks open for all the Drunks in the crowd.

lol, so true.
    Actually I think we have trained our Brain to block out the PC Richard signal. :lol:

16. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

i didn't hear any boos (on tv) when coles dropped 2 sitters yesterday. pretty critical ones that too (considering how defense-intensive the game was). his head just doesn't seem to be in it.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The PA announcer sounded like a teenager at a HS game so I completely disagree there. If the atmosphere is changing towards women and choldren why was the focu of Mark ecko's intereview about the new uniforms being sexy? Do women care? is that a good message for the kids? You may like all this stuff but i despise it, we are there for a football game not the crap we got yesterday.

I never wanted cheerleaders, I am there for football. if I wanted to look at half naked women I'd watch the game sins trip club where they are fully naked. I'm there to wacth football but I don't have a problem w/ the flight crew but why do we care a)about the flight crew uniforms and b) who designed them?

He's been a Jets and Mets guy for years and i never remember him not being at a Jet game. We had to have a conflict in the past 6+ years(I think he took over in '02).

They had the PC Richard whistle at least once, I remember hearing it.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The PC Richards tune played a LOT. I heard it repeatedly on tv.

As for all the complaints about the Flight Girls, at least you had something to entertain you yesterday. I just had the various objects I had thrown around to stare at.

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Cheerleaders GOOD!!!!!!! I like seeing hot chicks dance in skimpy clothing. The PA im sorry but hes dreadful. Hes 3RD DOWN pause...................... (and a loud) 8! is horrible or how bout and thats another JETS................................. FIRST DOWN. And finally as for the cow girl they started using her in the preseason and i dont mind her everytime i see her i feel like fucking her face.

20. nyjetsguy

nyjetsguy New Member

I think the crowd was great at the game. Haven't seen a home crowd that fired up in awhile. I think we may be stuck with this new stadium announcer. He did both preseason games, and now the first regular season one. Guess time will tell. I don't know what the hell the jets are thinking about with the whole Jenn Sterger thing. She needs to go! Great eye candy, but she sucks as an announcer - no talent what so ever. Plus, that high pitched voice is so annoying.