Ben Graham

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Sep 15, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gee whiz do U think I do not know that. I am just comparing the NE FGK KOs to Nuges

2. championjets69

Well he was 1 cause. The NE D is another. Our OLine is a 3rd & our D is a 4th then there is the CS as another reason especially Sutton/Shott & worst of all Man

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Gotkowski or whatever was booming them through the end zone. Feeley did it once, then again we only kicked off three times and all of them were deep. I think every kickoff in the whole game reached the end zone, you rarely see that. I'll still trade some yardage on kickoffs for a guy who can make a chip shot FG with some regularity.

4. championjets69

Ah Nuges also misses chippies now does he not? (see Miami last week)

5. Italian Seafood

Most of the time no. It's interesting, he seems to always miss in Week 1 and then he does well the rest of the way. Now he's hurt, so who knows?

It's always amazed me how a kicker can injure the one part of his body he needs on a non-contact play. We had a punter like that on my college team, hobbling around with a strained whatever in the one limb he needed.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Just bring in a competitor. I don't know if we'll find anyone good, but I'm sick of having no confidence in my punter.

7. championjets69

If U remember back to when we used a #2 on Nuge we were told he had a bionic leg something akin to a super leg. During & after his 1st year the alibi makers used the excuse he had to get used to a NFL ball & he would do better in year 2. Year 2 come & besides the misses the super leg was again missing & the KOs were again short. Now year 3 the KOs were again short & chippie misses continued. As I posted before this game the kicking game no matter if it was punting or PKing was one area NEVER addressed by Man & company which I presume also includes our "godlike" ST teams coach & we certainly paid a price for it in yesterdays game

8. Italian Seafood

Yesterday's game had nothing to do with Nugent, he wasn't there. They drafted him high after we had a playoff run cut short by an inept kicker which kept us out of the AFC Championship Game. So I had no problem taking a kicker with a #2, kickers win and lose games as we see every week.

Whether or not he's lived up to that is up for debate, but show me where he's cost us a big game. His reputation at Ohio State was he kicked in big games and bad weather, so again I didn't have a problem with the pick. He's gotten lucky in that his bad games have either been wins or not close games, but he hasn't hurt us the way Doug Brien did or even the way Pat Leahy used to. Who do you suggest we get that is better and available?

9. championjets69

Well just like the Pats found there I am sure if he put out a APB we could easily upgrade the PK & P position. BTW here is ome news for U. Penny was yanked from the game yesterdays for the all the things we complained about him. I was listening to Miami radio (WQAM) this AM & the callers complaints were excatly the same as some of us had about him when he was with us. There only TD was engineered by Henne who was one of there draft choices this year.

10. Italian Seafood

I'm not interested in what Pennington did yesterday. For the first time in his career he was not playing for or against us, so it's of no significance to me. We have our own problems which can no longer be blamed on him.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I dont know that he was advertised as having a "super leg" like a janikowski was. But he was certainly supposed to be a sure shot. Im a big Ohio State fan and watched him every week. Man was he money. What happened to him you ask? He becamse a fuckin Jet.

12. championjets69

Yessiree we sure do. I was just keep U up to speed. With what happen to TB I wonder if Belly would have signed him if Mia had not. If it happen that way CP maybe on his way to a SB with them. Some of the callers this AM actually asked for him to be immediately cut & go with Henne which made me chuckle as I listen to it

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Which kicker's first two years would you rather have had for the Jets?

First year- 20-26 76.9%
    Second year- 21-24 87.5%

First year- 22-28 78.6%
    Second year- 24-27 88.9%

14. championjets69

I am more talking of KOs pinning a team back making them having to go more yards to score

15. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

That f**kin Gotkowski kicks like the six-million-dollar man. They go from Vinateri to this guy--we go from Hall to Nugent.

And regarding this thread, Graham is a major disappointment. Is he kicking them 50+ in practice? He must be else I see no reason to keep him at all.

16. Italian Seafood

Pennington's on another bad team, like he was here last year. If the QB's ability was the sole factor in wins and losses we would have creamed the Pats yesterday, would we have not?

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Gostkowski had 15 touchbacks last year while Nugent had 9. Considering the amount of kickoffs the Pats had last year compared to the Jets it is not all that great of a discrepency. Nugent is fine at kicker once he gets healthy, Graham on the other hand has to go.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I still don't understand how Nugent seems to be the only player to survive the purge of the past regime. He should have never been drafted high in the second round and this off-season should have been spent finding a replacement. Instead, we get an in-season replacement who, like Nugent, apparently can't make simple fucking field goals.

I'm still undecided on Graham. Bad day or bad punter?

19. championjets69

On Nuge exactly

On BG option 2 is the correct option

20. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

That stat tells me gotkowski has improved his game--like a pro should. Graham certainly shows no signs of improvement.