Waaaaaaaaah!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 14, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If you don't think we weren't out game planed and totally out manuvered in half time adjustments, what's your excuse for the combination of penalty yards and special team yards we left on the field?

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't totally disagree with you, but how do you coach against a guy putting kickoffs through the end zone and our punter shanking his kicks? You can't cut the guy in the middle of the game.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly. Do I think Graham should have had more competition in camp? Absolutely. But our kicker got hurt, what can we do with Feely? And you can't return a ball that goes through the endzone. The penalties were bad, but a few of them (the Pace roughing the passer and the Cotchery PI come to mind) were guys trying to make plays. Pace barely made helmet-to-helmet contact, but the rule is the rule. If Cotchery doesn't make a move, O'Neal should pick that off.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Ben Graham has shanked a few kicks before and Nugent has had the look of deer in the headlights more than a few times before he got hurt. I think the reason Westhoff is back is his replacement, who Mangini hired, wasn't getting it done.

We also looked real good in the first half on both sides of the line, the Pats obviously did one hell of a job adjusting.

I'm not a Mangini hater but I'm not sold like I was in 06 either. It seems we are less desciplined and the oposition is more prepared than we are both last year and this year so far. Its early hopefully we can get to the bye without an outright dissaster and get things on track.

#64 winstonbiggs, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  5. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

You completely missed most people's point. It is NOT panic, its resignation.

Fans are resigned to another year of mediocrity. Resigned to the fact that the Jets rarely step-up and win a big game. (yes, this was a big game as any win against the Pats is huge) Resigned to not looking forward to the rest of the season because it just isn't going to matter. Resigned to the only "winning" being done is in the off-season, on-paper, for once the games start it is SOJ.

A pessimist is just an optimist that has been disappointed one too many times. Yesterday, was one too many.

#65 BlairThomas#1, Sep 15, 2008
  6. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Exactly!!!
    Everybody say's that we over react, but i knew it to, when they missed the field goal, we were done.
    We are not going to win at the Chargers, they are pissed. I hope I am wrong, but, when you barely beat the Dolphins and lose the a backup QB, we are not starting good. Look at the Bills, they are the strongest team in the AFC east right now. They go out there and look aggressive on offence and defense.

7. Italian Seafood

I'll add to this that the Pats beat KC at home by less of a margin than they beat us at our home, while KC got blown at home by a dysfunctional Raider team which was about to fire their coach.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I watched the SD/Denr game yesterday which was a terrific game winding up with Den playing to WIN by going for a 2 pt conversion instead of just going for the PAT. Favre should be able to devour SD secondary since then could not generate a PR whatsoever due to the loss of Merriman

9. Salz

Salz New Member

The creator of this thread is obnoxious. He's an extreme sunshiner who makes me embarrassed to be a Jets fan. Mind you that Darksiders are no better, but this guy is really being a jerk by patronizing all the Jets fans who were disgusted by what they saw today. Many of these fans, like myself, aren't claiming the season is 'over' by any stretch of the imagination; we are just disillusioned by the current coaching staff and want some changes to be implemented. We are entitled to feel this way and it doesn't mean we're part of the 'sky is falling' crowd that you ridicule. You would probably say the sky ISN'T falling if we were 0-6. Be a little more mature.

10. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

I agree. If you couldn't see the sarcasm in that post, then I've pretty much given up on society as a whole.

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I agree with a good, strong, chunk of that.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's early yet and I think that's the overlying point here. If you think in baseball terms, how can a pitcher come out one day, get shelled, removed in the 2nd inning and then the next start go 8 shutout innings? It's about momentum of the game. The Jets unfortunately had shitty field position all game and going long distances in that heat all game, takes its toll. Down the stretch they were flat and tired and that's exactly when NE switched to a fresh running back (Jordan) to smash that tired defense.

It's also hard to beat a team who gets no penalties the whole game, all the while giving up 60+ yards in penalties yourself.

I'm not making excuses, because I do feel the play calling was redundantly similary to what we've seen in the past and the kicking game is unimaginably bad for a professional team to have. But we ran the ball well and, we lost by 9 taking into the missed field goal factor, 6. The fans were out of the game early too, so it really wasn't "home field" advantage for the Jets.

13. Italian Seafood

That's not true. What were we supposed to cheer for? A 20 yard FG? Fireman Ed? The little brat who got the trivia question right? We were in the game but the team has to still do something. We can make noise on 3rd down but we can't cover Wes Welker--not after tailgating for three hours, at least.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think you served my point.

15. Italian Seafood

I guess what I'm saying is we stayed in the game pretty well considering there wasn't much going on. When the Jets did make a play we got back into it, but ultimately they have to turn plays into points.

16. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Psychotic is for morons that get involved in meaningless what if statements.

17. JetsLookingforDWare

The players got outplayed by a team that outplays most teams most weeks.

I know you can see the logic in that.

Dropped passes...tons of penalties...we got dominated on special teams...it's kind of hard to coaches to dig themselves out of a hole if the players aren't doing their part.

18. JetsLookingforDWare

How many people here have went with the "what if *blank* had happened against the Dolphins, we'd be 0-2 because of this CS?"

It's the same thing...just a positive spin...which nobody wants...hence the title of this thread.

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Perfectly said.

20. JetsLookingforDWare

Um...I understand that but...1 loss? Seriously? This is fuckin...normal? 1 loss in 2 games at the beginning of a season was the tipping point to you guys? What cause you're so aged and wise that you know only doom and gloom can come after this?

Any fans "resigned" to anything right now is just being a brat. Plain and simple.

We won 10 games in '06 with lesser talent than this team. We lost week 1. To the Pats. I'm sure many of you saw the sky falling then.
    "n
    seriously...get a grip...

#80 JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 15, 2008