Waaaaaaaaah!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 14, 2008.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

There is plenty of games to have this year but if shit doesn't change this will be a 8-8 season.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Are you basing this because we've one exactly half (1) of the games we've played this year (2)?

3. SackExchange69

Uh yeah thats what I did?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'll stick with 11-5. Once the passing game gets going our team will be fine. Defense has played well, at worst mediocre during some parts of the game today. The sky isn't falling, some of you guys need to sack up and get over a loss to the Pats. Its hard, yes, but were collectively acting like a bunch of obnoxious, pre-pubescent pussies.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

Say we won todays game...what do you say then?

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

in hindsight - I do believe in the "predict the record thread" everyone had this game and the SD game as losses and the ARI game as a win, then the bye, then a 5 game winning streak... if we are all correct - then the season will be a amazing success at 7-2...............but for tonight and tomorrow we will be angry and pissed off.

Can't wait till thursday when I'm giving reasons why the Chargers can be beat at home after losing their first two games and make them 0-3.... ...... ...yep

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You'd hear nothing but Super Bowl Champions. But the media might make that claim too.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously, it's like we don't know how to handle a loss. I'm sick of it, too, how could we not be? I hate the Patriots. My voice is absolutely dead. Ask anyone who sat in the middle of section 108.

But come on, they were 16-0 last year. We were 4-12. We have to make up 12 games. A few new guys in the offseason and having them losing their star quarterback certainly helps close the gap, but the gap was immense. Let's not forget that.

And there were plenty of positives. Did you guys see how we stopped Maroney and Morris for a while? Jordan punished us late, which was frustrating, but we played them to a standstill. We had no idea what the Patriots would do with Cassel. The Patriots and their new quarterback knew exactly what he was going to do.

Plus, we tallied a few sacks. Bryan Thomas looks like the 2006 Thomas, and not the rest of his career Thomas.

Getting them the second game of the season wasn't the best thing for us. We all knew this two weeks ago, but Brady's injury screwed with our heads. We're a team that's heavily relying on a bunch of new players in new roles, it might take a few games until all the kinks get worked out. The offense is nowhere close to running on all cylinders.

Do you see the chemistry between Coles and Favre? I don't. Why? Because Coles has been hurt and Favre has worked with other players. Will it change? Absolutely. It has to, and it will. They're both professionals, and they're both hard-workers.

The defense did fine considering they started five possessions in our territory. By no means were we lights out, but the pieces are there. Jenkins is a manchild in the middle, Pace and Harris each show that they can be great in the scheme, and Thomas and Barton have looked good. The secondary has good young talent back there as well.

Plus, TJ and Leon have shown that the running game is much improved from last year.

I'm willing to be patient. Granted, there's limited patience in the NFL, but against New England and San Diego, Miami and Arizona, did you believe we were going to go 3-1 or 4-0? I'd settle for 2-2. Besides, why can't we beat San Diego? We've done it a few times before, and we can do it again. They're 0-2 on two last second plays. That could spin out of control in a hurry, and get players in a "here we go again" in a close game, especially with a guy like Favre who can put points up in a hurry, even though he hasn't eally shown that.

This team is going to make its run in the second half of the season. I'm concerned about a few things, but our ceiling is pretty high. I don't think we'll reach that ceiling, but I think we'll get close enough where we'll have a good season.

9. SackExchange69

We didn't so what's your point.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Sarcasm is always fun. Here's some good news, we are outright loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. If we continue to play the way we have the last two weeks we will be lucky to win 6 games.

Right now we look like a fire drill and its not because of our new QB.

#50 winstonbiggs, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  11. JetsLookingforDWare

That Jets fans just might be a little psychotic?

I like how we're all willing to play with the idea that we lose to the Dolphins...but I dare ask if we *win* a game if you guys would be reacting differently and I get the easy out...

We win...you guys sit back and tell all the excited fans that we're only 2-0 with 14 to go. We're 1-1 though...so the sky is getting real fuckin close.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The sky isn't falling but our coaching staff last year and through 2 games this year in terms of preperation of the players, game plan and adjustments haven't been all that great. Nice team in terms of players but its hard to have a lot of confidence in Shotenheimer or Sutton. Its also pretty apparent why we needed to bring back our old Special teams coach.

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't even read this forum after a loss :rofl:

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am afraid I have to agree. SOJ. I am tired of going into the year with hope and then having to watch a painful game like that. Painful. It was no fun at all.

Every year it's the same. This year it came in week two. Does that mean the Jets are definitely not going to succeed this year? Of course not. But I feel far less optimistic than before the game started.

Uninspired, stupid play. Questionable playcalling. An OL that looks mediocre to average. Coles not a factor. D failing to stop third down conversions, and the ST can't seem to field decent kickers.

Rough game.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

The thing is...I'm not buying it.

Cotchery's catch doesn't get called back suddenly Favre's top 220 yards passing and we're aggressive.

Coles catches those two first downs Favre's got more yards, and we're moving the ball.

Ellis doesn't grab a facemask, and Cassel's been sacked for a 2 yard loss.

See where I'm going?

Just seems that guys are just looking for someone to pin the loss on...enough so that now the coaching staff is now getting blamed for an ALMOST in week 1.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

We have the worst play calling.. Why are we not letting favre be favre? this shit is getting ricoculous.. i can't believe we sit on 1st down. wtf? 2nd and 3rd too? with favre, come on!

we saw in the phins game, why should we be surprised.. let the man play some back-yard ball and lets get going, it's freaking favre.

17. Klecko10

Klecko10 Member

Guys, I have been watching this team for 30 years... When Feely missed the 30 yard FG early in the game, I knew deep down not only was this game a loss but that this will be a 6-10 to 8-8 season at best.

If you are calling this an overreaction then you haven't been watching the Jets long enough.

This game was an indicator game. The fact that we barely beat Miami who got blown out by the Cards is another indicator that this team is The Same Old Jets. Nothing changes. The losing, the weirdness, the mediocrity is the same, it's just a different year. You could line up Johnny Unitas under center and the Jets would still suck.

Usually I am thinking OK there going to bounce back next week, they are going to get better... We say that every year. This was a game they should have won, and should have made a statement, and they just couldn't.

18. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I hate to be pessimistic but you are spot on. I mean you never know, things could turn around but my hopes will no longer be high until they start to prove something. On paper I had so much hope for this team, stupid me for falling into that trap yet once again. I just canceled my Order for a new Jersey.

Thanks Jets, and while Im at it Thanks Islanders!

19. Long Love Todd

Long Love Todd New Member

forget this post...I made a mistake and wanted to delete bu have no option to do so

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The thing about pre-season picks is everyone assumed the Pats would be coming in here with Brady and the full machine. That's why it's hard to predict football, the Jets were favored in this game.

Do you remember the game we played at Buffalo the Sunday night after Vinny went down in 1999? The whole team was shell-shocked, knowing the whole season had changed, and they were dead men walking in the Buffalo game. This was with Bill Parcells as head coach and Bellichick as DC. I thought the Pats would show a little bit of that and we could sieze on it, plus rattle Cassel with the crowd involved. The fact that we were expected to lose to Brady's Pats in July, for me, doesn't make this any less disappointing.