Zebras to the rescue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KiLLaH87, Sep 14, 2008.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Yeah! Those 11 seconds were a game changer!!!

Seriously though, this game was just a bad job by the Jets. Sure, the refs didn't help, but if you expect them to, you're a Patriots fan. This game reeked of despicable play-calling, bad decisions, stupid off the back foot passes, short passes from the Pats that we never seemed to be able contain even though they did it ALL GAME!

2. OchintaYCinco85

OchintaYCinco85 New Member

I definitely wouldn't argue with you on that "roughing the passer" call, but the others to me seemed justified. You can't suggest that one blown call gave the other team the game. This isn't the NBA.

That PI by Crotch to me, looked like a PI. But yea, the Jest could have gotten some calls, it did look like they were paying close attention to you all.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Only thing more pathetic than the Jets' play is all this whining about officiating. Jets lost...period. They lost because they were outplayed and because they beat themselves with stupid mistakes.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

That's basically what I'm saying...but in the end, the Roughing the Passer may have killed the Jets in the end. Who knows what happens there? Certainly they don't have a freebee field goal to put away the game.

The Jets played awful today. Plain and simple. This team better have it after the bye.

5. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

if you think the refs had no impact on the game and that the jets just lost, im sorry but your an idiot, the jets played horrible today yes, but refs were responsible for stopping some key jets drives

6. OchintaYCinco85

Most of your calls came while you were on defense.

7. #4kicksA$$

#4kicksA$$ New Member

The coaching wasn't the best,how many fuckin times does it take on the goal line running it up the middle doesn't work. Plus I don't care what other people say,there were three or four plays where Favre was hit way after he let go of the ball. But it was never called,yet the one called on the Jets was bullshit,I have seen this for years the Patriots always get favortism. Like I said in another thread,to bad the refs can't be fined for missed calls.

8. OchintaYCinco85

A dude whatever helps you sleep at night.

9. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

The penalty wasn't called because the hit came late, it came because of helmet to helmet contact. Simms even mentioned it, he didn't think the call was right until he saw the replay from behind and saw that Pace hit Cassell right in the grill with his helmet. I personally think there are too many rules protecting the QB, but that is the rule.

10. #4kicksA$$

#4kicksA$$ New Member

Why don't you just shut the fuck up and go back to a Bungholes board.

11. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

well fucking said

12. Danno

Danno New Member

I don't know gang....earlier this week we were practically applauding Brady's injuring, telling everyone that we would beat the Patsies this week, and when it came down to the game, what did we do? I read these boards every week and all I see is the blame game. It's the refs, the games are fixed, we didn't get any calls, etc.
    We can't beat the Patsies without Brady? This was supposed to be a slam dunk. Maybe we just need to play better and stop blaming everything else?

13. OchintaYCinco85

Wow, talk about bitter. I guess you guys really aren't friendly. :)

You''ll be alright man, it's just one loss. Cry tonight, you'll be good by the morning. :D

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It was a ridiculous call. Pace actually tried to prevent Cassel from hitting the turf.

Horrendous call.

Later, I watched some of the Falcons-Buccaneers game. Gaines Adams hit Matt Ryan helmet-to-helmet after a pass was thrown. No flag on the play. The Adams hit was far, far, far worse than the Pace play.

I also saw Reggie Bush get flagged for taunting when he pointed at a Redskins defender at around the 10-yard line while going in for a score on a punt return. Big deal. So he pointed at a player. It was a half second move.

Then I saw Plaxico Burress receive a taunting penalty by making some sort of pounding motion with his hands. (I don't know what the heck he was trying to show there.) Ellis Hobbs did a similar thing at the end of the Jets game, but what he did was more excessive than what Burress did. No flag on Hobbs, though.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Wrong! O'Neal had the position on the play. I guarantee if Cotchery had been in front of O'Neal the play would've been called the other way.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Pace made helmet to helmet contact. That's an automatic call. Vrabel's hit was exactly the same as Thomas' hit, just as the pass was being thrown.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

18. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Zebras did not lose this game, coaching did. Our playcalling was a joke. The zebras didn't help but the champs(afc champs in this case) always get the calls in any sport. I thought the pass interference call and the roughing call were questionable but good teams overcome that kind of stuff. We're not a good team yet but the season is still young. Chill out, it's only one loss. Fire all our kickers and fire Schotty. I blame Schotty for the Hackett style offense today. What a f*&kin' joke our playcalling was. Throw downfield BEFORE it's third and 12.

19. HughC

HughC New Member

The roughing the passer call was BS, but it didn't determine the outcome.

They beat us, and we lost; time to move on and win next week.

20. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

You could easily say O'Neal was arm barring on that play which is illegal. There was contact by both players and it's a tough call to make when looking at it at full speed. I understand why they called it but a different ref may have called it differently. There was contact from both players.