It's Official: Mangini and Co. are Dreadful

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyJohnson, Sep 14, 2008.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Today you saw the importance of coaching. The one constant with the Jets over the years is that they have had no stability with their coaching staff.

2. baghead

baghead Banned

all said and done missed FG and if u can get it in from 3yds ,2 point game ..

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah this was a wash, across the board. The run D was exceptional, but again there's no threat in Cassell. Revis did mostly well with Moss.

It's just terrible. Shotty is a HUUUUUGE part of the problem. Mangini takes the hang for it though because he's stuck with this hammerhead for 3 years now. This O looks stunningly similar to every other O we've had.

We might as well let Grape Ape play f'in QB at this point. The play calling will sabotage any good that will come out of it anyway.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He's a hole in the payroll

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm growing tired with this team. Year after year after year, it's the same old shit.

Fine, they played a great TEAM. Can't argue. They beat the Chiefs with Huard haha

6. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Good game guys...hope to see you in the playoffs...I'm not in this thread to gloat...this post is just so I can say "FUCK YOU" to the lurking folks at patfans.com! They can all suck my fat Irish, Guinness soaked dick! Join me in my 'never forget a grudge', Celtic salute!

Oops, I better be careful, there is one lad over there that may take me up on this offer!

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127706

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Can I just say that you guys are crazy?

You'd swear we were murdered today...

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Whn you have only 1 year with Favre you have to beat the team that loses thier QB and then doesn't have thier RB most of the game if you want to be on the road to the playoffs.

9. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

What the hell is with this MASSIVE Over Reaction? They didnt play that bad, the offense moved the football well on most of the drives. Special Teams was beyond aweful, and play calling was poor at best, but the pats are still the same team that went 18-1 last year. Not the worst jet loss ive seen

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Mangini wasnt at fault here, its Scottenheimer for the conservativeness as well as Favre and his stupid ass mistakes that he makes. Also Graham was garbage too with his field position.

Scottenheimer was trying to use Leon as Reggie Bush which is suicide vs a type of D like NE. Cotchery was forgotten about in the 2nd half for some reason which was amazing.

Graham killed us overall with punts of like 27 yds which gave NE great position to hurt us via FGs. And Favre once again was trying to get too cute, I mean how do you not know where the line of scrimmage is and to pass the ball when you could have ran for a decent amount of yards is insane.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I've been watching since Joe Walton....this ranks pretty high on the suck chart. When you have Browning Nagle behind center and Bruce Coslet on the sidelines you expect to look out-classed.

When they go out and spend 140M, you tend to expect more than getting beat by a QB that hasn't played since HS, and
    #3 RBs.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I agree with Johnny to a degree. They aren't dreadful, but could be a lot better. A number of coaches in this league would have won the game today if they coached the Jets.

There are some bad decisions being made on the sidelines, and if the season continues to go this way, we'll start to see the players acknowledging it.

13. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Nobody who loves the NYJs can stand to lose to the effing Pats. Simple as that.

Most of this rage is perfectly understandable.

But what to do about it...?

First of all, our field position sucked for the entire game. We started from our twenty almost every possession. The Pats started from our 40 almost every possession.

Secondly, we had 6 penalties for 60 yards, while the Pats had 2 penalties, period.

We ran a little bit further and passed for a few more yards than the Pats did. Big whup.

We threw an INT, they didn't.

Our offensive line played alright. Theirs played a little bit better (not a lot better, a little bit better).

Our defensie did pretty damned good ...except for Faulk, and except for our former RETREAD.

What this game did for the NYJs is let us know in uncertain terms just where we are in juxtaposition with the class of our conference (make no mistake the Pats are certainly still the team to beat).

What I am seeing is that we're not that far away. If we're willing to buckle down and do the work, we can beat the lousy Bolts next week, and get back on track.

The other thing I wanted to bring out, these effing Pats have more confidence that they own us, than we do that we should always be beating them.

That has to change, permanently...!

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

They ARE dreadful. Mangini's idea of copying NE's 3-4 defense is ridiculous. We had and still have players to play 4-3, not 3-4. Yet, he keeps putting players (Gholston for instance) in positions they have never played before and wants his defense to be successful.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

You do realize we're...playing them again right? And that we're 2 games into a 16 season, right?

No?

Good.

Join me in helping contract the Jets. Hopefully we don't even have to play next week...or any other of the 14 games we have left.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

agree 100%

I can't believe I saw the following line in this thread-
    "They didnt play that bad"

The Jets played bad today.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I dunno if this was posted but I posted this is another thread.

It seemed like Mangini blew his wad with play calling on the first drive. That drive was amazing the Jets were down the field in no time, but after that, never again. I just don't understand how you don't make adjustments during the game.

Like when you see Harrison get tripped up on that WR cross which freed Stuckey up in the endzone. They should have used more shit like that in the open field.

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I hate to use trite terms like "play to win the game" but in the case of the Jets it really is true. They don't and they haven't for a long time. This current coaching staff was largely given a pass because of Pennington's limitations but now we're seen the exact same kind of head in the sand chickenshit playcalling with Favre.

As bad as the offense looked though the special teams was worse. You'd be hard pressed to find a worse performance then the Jets unit today. 0 return yards, awful punting and a missed chip shot of a FG. Really doesn't get much worse.

Even the defense, it took them 2 long drives to adjust to the fact that the Patriots weren't going to throw the ball over 3 yards, and then at the end of the game when they needed a stop they came up small. The Jets were outcoached and outplayed in every facet of the game.

That timeout/going for/run the punt team back out sequence was one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen even though it ended up not meaning anything.

19. hendersg

hendersg New Member

you absolutely right. Mangini is an asshole coach and I'm finished with him and his shithead staff. This team better win 10 out of the next 11 games for me to change my mind, and that AINT HAPPENIN....Pathetic spineless jackasses, all the up to the owner........

20. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Mangini is an asshole, and so is the whole fuckin shit staff. A bunch of spineless shitheads...all the way up to the owner.......