Jets-Giants end talks with Allianz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Popeye's Army, Sep 12, 2008.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the jews win again :)

2. GreenMachine

Why not just call it Dolans Stadium?

I am sure they would love it.....

3. Capt. Ace Nick

I think Green Giant or JetBlue should have equal naming rights spilt between them

4. mesheler

mesheler Member

Your ignorance is appalling!! I don't want or need your pity. You are like an insulting, yet insignificant enigma -- you prefer to deny one's voice the right to speak, yet you are incapable of ever hearing!

You seriously need to learn about a little thing called compassion.

It's called maturity.

Or, to put it in single syllables, so your prosimian brain can comprehend the high-level message here -- you need to grow up!

Dude, I just hope you remember how patient you were today when the tanks roll into town for you . . .

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Dude, Please just stfu!

You don't know me.. the fact that you are trying to even sound intelligent reeks of compensatory thinking...

" you prefer to deny one's voice the right to speak"

Yet all you've done is completely disregard my...yes MY opinion.

If you don't agree with me fine, but please don't act all high and mighty because of it.... again , Practice what you preach...

6. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I think my prosimian brain needs some help with this one. I am missing the parts where RT is either ignorant, immature, or denying anyone's voice the right to speak?

If anything, he's the one voting not to deny, that we should let go. Lack of compassion, maybe, but it's a matter of opinion. This happened over 60 years ago. By force. You did business with the Nazi's... or you didn't do business.

The last line just throws my head for a loop, so I'm not even going to try.

**Edit - I see you guys had a little more back and forth in another thread, it makes a little more sense.

PS: RT - I think you need a new avatar!

#46 Mantana Soss, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lol, Dude tell me 'bout it...You should see his other post. It's another contradiction. Seems like he just wants to sound intelligent by attacking someone with a different opinion. Yeah, try that one on for size..

PS, I know, I know.. I have a few that I'm working on but haven't had time..... :beer:

8. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Maybe Chaim Witz (Gene Simmons) and Stanley Eisen (Paul Stanley) can buy the rights, they are New York natives

[​IMG]

For those old enough to remember there was a big uproar on the SS in the logo back in the 1970's until they discovered who was running the show.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can understand your position on this but let me ask you something. How many Jews own Mercedes? They used Jews as slave labor during WW2 and yet they seem to get a free ride, why is that? You would probably be fine with them sponsoring the stadium, wouldn't you? You see where I am going with this. If it's German and something you like then it's fine. Otherwise it's an affront to you. That's selective outrage.

#49 Don, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  10. mesheler

mesheler Member

Wow, OK...Let me break out the sock puppets for you since you are incapable of figuring out why you have upset me:

When you continually dismiss people by telling them to "get over it," you are denying them the right to express their outrage over this particular company. Fact is, these waters run deep. I am willing to overlook that you are, in fact, ignorant to the details. I cannot accept that you just tell people to "STFU" when they express an opposing position. It seems that you have issues in your personal life that you should handle. If being a bully on the interweb makes you feel better about your insignificant existence, so be it.

And dude, I don't claim to know you. I wouldn't want to. But the ironic thing is that you hide behind statements labeling me as a hypocrite. Think again. I was trying to engage in dialogue with you. You have proven to me that you are incapable of such activity. Therefore, I have nothing else to say but good day. You may now return to your red-neck life...

11. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

There are few more ridiculous statements that can be made than this one. I don't know why you'd expect anybody, let alone a Jewish person, not to be offended by the suggestion that the Jews brought it upon themselves.

For the record, I would have had no major objection to Allianz Stadium, but nor am I particularly upset it won't be happening.

12. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

im only 20 years old but i've already realized that its just a waste of breath and energy to try to engage in dialogue like this. people are going to feel however they want to. a reply on a message board calling someone insensitive or hateful is not going to change that. i'm glad that they didn't end up doing allianz because i would prefer a company without nazi ties but at the same time i understand that there are a lot of huge functioning corporations that are part of our daily lives that have shady pasts and its hard to hold the current way of things accountable for that. for jews, a company with nazi background is just going to be a more sensitive issue, i don't see why everyone just can't see that and just move on

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

How was it morally right? Is it moral to accuse the people who work there of anti-semitism in 2008? Now, don't get me wrong, I'd rather an American company have its name on the stadium (or maybe we could just call it JETS STADIUM?), but this "moral" reproach that has come down is kind of pathetic to me.

I don't see how, 60 years after the holocaust, which I think all of us can agree was fucking horrific, that the ADL and others can paint a picture of Hitler over the entire company...Not only did the company renounce its one time affiliation, pay restitution to the people whose insurance policies were refused (and then some), but it had really come out looking to be seen as a corporation, not as Nazi insurance.

I know that the holocaust is a touchy subject, because there are still people who lived in the camps, and who lost parents and loved ones in those death camps, but at some point don't you need to progress? I don't mean it as a "get over it" kind of thing, but shouldn't we look to the future, as well as keep lessons learned in the past with us so we don't forget?

I just think this was way overblown....I think PSLs are worse than a company looking for naming rights to a stadium. And I don't want to hear "if you're not Jewish you don't get it", I'm a human being, full of empathy, compassion, and emotions...I think the holocaust is something that affected us as a planet, as well as leaving deep scars within the Jewish community. I dunno, I think there are better things to worry about in the world right now, especially if you're an American, reguardless of faith.

14. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

You fucking win so much!

"Welcome back to Green Giant field at Jet Blue Stadium, in East Rutherford New Jersey...This is Ian Eagle along with Solomon Wilcox here at the AFC Championship game, where our score at halftime is the Jets 30, Patriots 3."

I LIKE IT!:up:

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I was not going to chime in but...............

Until anyone has walked in the shoes of someone with a stenciled number tattoo on their arm, I would not say get over it. There are people that were alive when the Holocaust happened. There is much blame to go on through all types of companies and people. It is however presumptuous to just say, "get over it buddy"

Personally, some people hate the fact I drive a Mitsubishi as they were a main manufacturer of the Japanese war machine. I can understand that way of thinking and had I really thought about it I may not have bought the car.

I lost as much family from my tree as anyone from the Holocaust. Personally, I can give a fuck whether the stadium was named Allianz or BMW or Mercedes it really does not bother me. However, I am not going to be such a gigantic nit and harass people that do.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It really is a bunch of bullshit. We had no problem using their scientists etc after WW2. This whole country is run by that viewpoint and it has been for over 50 years.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

this constant pampering to and adjusting every aspect of people life for sympathy and avoidance of offending is a huge reason i moved out of the North east. You'd be suprised how many people are fucking sick of it.

18. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

^ u can say what u mean

19. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

^^I am not surprised you said that, lets get on with things, life is so very short and you have to realize you can't please every faith, heritage, background, social status because if you did we would just regress and end up with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Keep the past in the past, focus on the future.

Is that what they do in SC?

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

That's a very important thing imo...If you're going to be against Allianz, then why no outrage at BMW or Mercedes Benz?

I didn't read every post, but I don't think anyone would be callous enough to say 'get over it'...