Stop Insulting Tom Brady

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2008.

1. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

really can't wait til we destroy them tomorrow so there's no more dumb threads like this

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

O'Connell or Culpepper, I imagine

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think it is a smart thread, and no I was not drunk when I made it.

Just stating that people are not realizing how good Brady is. And how the team will struggle without him.

Atleast Tony understood what I meant. haha. :)

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Is this a pro or nay Brady topic? Im confused.

5. The Dark Knight

It was just me saying to many NFL fans and ESPN/NFL Network to stop thinking the Patriots will be fine without Brady. I consider it insulting to him. He is one of the best players in the NFL and he is being replaced by a QB who has not started since high school. The defense cannot be counted on to win games for them either.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

BF is the QB of the 00s since he broke all records for QBs in this decade

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ok understand now.

8. The Dark Knight

Oh sorry, my mistake. :)

9. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Your such an idiot. You cannot even read. FYI 29 of the 32 took the poll, 1 voted for Jason Taylor (that coach is clueless), 6 voted for Peyton Manning and 22 for Brady and the draft is for current players. Brady had a better year than Manning and is almost 2 years younger. Read the article.

How sickening it must be for you to be a fan of the greatest assemblage of talent from top to bottom for any one team in the history of the NFL only to give it all up in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Brady's helmet might as well have had a bullseye on it.

You really took a facial right in the eye last February didn't you Danny Boy?:smile:

10. JetsLookingforDWare

QFT x 1,000,000

11. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Tom Brady will be doing this tomorrow:

[​IMG]

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Tom on the couch! I love it! Good job! :rofl2: :metal:

13. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Based purely on superbowls, I can't argue with you.

Debatable. His first superbowl really belonged to another certain QB. Add on the fact he has never, in his entire career, had to win a game for his team... you have to start wondering. When was the last time he actually converted a late, 2 minute, TD needing to win, drive? It certaintly wasn't in ANY super bowl he played in, nor any playoff game. Just saying, that run game, and defense, according to the books, is what has won games for the patriots. All tom had to do was not turn it over.

Brady wasn't so hot when he was in to begin with. Add in a super bowl hangover, the loss of there number 2 reciever (forcing welker out of the slot), and that no one is afraid of their defense anymore... and everything added up to even with Brady, a close game. Grant it, Brady is a obvious upgrade over someone who has only HS experience. Either way, they won. The last game that he played the entire time, wasn't that a loss?

What constitutes a system QB? I don't think he is a product of the system, but a product of the media. He plays a position that gets all the credit, when all he has had to do is not turn it over. Never had great recievers, because the team never relied on throwing the ball. The one year they do, they lose the superbowl. Throwing the ball is just not their identity,

There defense was average at best last season, and come to think of it, the season before too. The difference? Offense isn't dropping 40 points a half, or eating up clock to keep them off the field, so they are getting exposed. Their D has been overrated for years due to the offensive performance.
    The offense is good, but it needs its general to succeed.

Brady drops back to pass, looks at welker, he's well covered, starting to feel some pressure now. Steps up in the pocket and throws deep to moss.... and HE CAUGHT IT. AN UNBELIAVABLE CATCH. Remind you of anything? Moss making those grabs made Cullpepper's career. Brady knew how to use his weapons... sure. Anyone that can throw it deep knew how to use them. Look at your check down and dump it (thats how welker got 100+ grabs), and if he is covered just chuck it deep, as moss is the best deep ball guy in the league. Thats pretty basic, you just need the arm to get it there - and only maybe 12 QB's in the league have that arm.

Trust me, if you thought 50 TD's was impressive, hand Favre moss last season with the guys he already had - without handcuffing Favre in the second half - your talking a possible 70 TD passes. Heh. You can't compare how well he knew how to use those weapons when very few people in the league have EVER had weapons like that.

They were beatable last year. The refs handed the pats the Raven's game last year, and there were like 4 or 5 other games last year where the other team had a chance to beat the pats prior to the playoffs. As was shown, double and tripple cover moss, and suddenly Brady didn't know where else to throw the ball if welker was covered. Then, decide to pass against them on offense... and bam - they suddenly were beatable. How did the giants win again? Oh yeah, throwing the ball, and eliminating moss.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Ok your entitled to your own opinion but do you think its right to express them in a "Jets" Forum

15. The Dark Knight

Yes, because the Jets are playing the Patriots tomorrow, it is Jets related due to people thinking the Patriots will still beat the Jets with ease, etc. There is many ways to link this with the Jets.

16. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Maybe your right, I do not see it that way and only playing out this season will determine who is correct.

17. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard that they signed Culpepper. I thought the Pats were showing up with only two QBs, Cassel and O'Connell.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree with you for the most part, however, you have to admit that the Patriots have a better than average defense. (Although, it isn't as good as it used to be - it used to be top 5 in the NFl and now it is probably just top 10-12)

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why is so much ink being wasted on somebody who is totally irrelevant for the remainder of this year? I mean who really cares about Brady anyway?

20. BRUSCHI54

BRUSCHI54 New Member

Really? Mr. Brady would like to talk to you.