Jets-Giants end talks with Allianz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Popeye's Army, Sep 12, 2008.

1. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

We are. And tough shit if you don't like it.

Must every discussion about Judaism/Israel on this board include one dope condoning the Protocols? Makes me sad that fellow Jets fans can still feel this way about me and my heritage.

But no offense taken man. . .:beer:

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Bullshit. I lost family in the Korean war, DOWN WITH KIA. I lost family in WW2, DOWN WITH ALLIANZ. I lost family in the attack on Pearl Harbor, DOWN WITH SONY. I lost family when Napolean invaded Portugal, DOWN WITH MICHELIN.

That's the most bullcrap excuse I've ever heard. Lots of people have lost family to other countries. Life goes on. They've paid their debts to society, they've earned the trust back of the world.

Get a god damn grip on reality, all you tools the BS line that you lost family.

3. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Wow, IATA, you hateful arrogant prick.

Get the fuck off this messageboard with your hate. Allianz directly contributed to the Nazis during World War II, and though I too believe in forgiving and forgetting, I can wholly see where those like Penny10Jet are coming from. As a fellow Jew, I can only take solace in the fact that my great-grandparents came over during the 1920s, and escaped such persecution.

If anyone takes offense to Allianz Stadium, it should not be named that. If there is a single fan who would feel disenfranchised by the teams naming a stadium anything, it shouldn't be done. Sony didn't contribute to the Pearl Harbor attack. And don't even mock us with your other suggestions.

Seriously, IATA, you have no place on TGG if you're going to be so disrespectful. I really couldn't care less, personally, but as I said, if anyone takes offense to the name, then Allianz, you're out of the picture.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not even Jewish and I take offense at this statement.

You have to be some kind of anti-semetic tool to even go there. Jews are "running things?" Seriously man, take a good look at your own insecurities before you see the world being "run" by certain ethnic groups or religions.

According to your standards, Italians are "running" construction, Blacks are "running' sports, Koreans are "running" dry-cleaning businesses and Indians are "running" convenience stores.

Really man, it's wrong to group people into steriotypes. I didn't even do it when I saw Muslims standing on the hoods of cars after 9/11 waving Palestinian flags and cheering on the streets of Paterson, NJ.

It would have been easy to blame all Muslims as "running" anti-American hatred, but we all know it's only a segment. There are many Muslims who do not preach violence, just as there are many Jews who do not "run" things.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

It's a pointless argument. Sony directly contributed to the Japanese during the war, yet we welcome them with open arms. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, I just think it's the dumbest argument possible.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No, the dumbest argument possible is to align oneself with hate of any kind and things that took place half a century ago.

I own a Sony camera and love it. WWII took place from 1941 to 1945. Everything has changed since then. To impugn and denegrate Sony today for any alignment with Japan that they may have had 60 years ago is to be an ignorant ass.

Better yourself. You reason better than that. Get yourself to a more modern place before you self-destruct on your own hatred.

7. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I laughed when I read this post.

People being offended by this is ridiculous.

8. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

First off--I don't like the idea of any non-USA company sponsoring a football stadium--fuck it, take less money from an American company.
    Secondly, there's a lot of jew hatred on this board as there is everywhere anytime shit like this comes up. It's too bad that some Jet fans hate jews but hey, that's their right. Regarding IATA's argument, it is true that over the last several years, germany has been helpful to Israel. In fact, they are selling them weapons and I don't know if anyone really understands the history of Israel, but its hard for them to find someone who will sell them shit outside the US.
    Germany is trying to make up for the Shoah and there's nothing more that they can do except help out Israel today.
    Regarding IATA, he's a young guy who lives in 2008 and wants to treat everyone as they act today. That's cool--I don't see his posts as hateful at all.
    I'm sorry if this post is grammatically incorrect--I've had too much Sabbath wine already.

9. Atopps

Atopps Member

im not even going to waste the time to show you the flaws in your argument. None of the things you mentioned have any iota of similarity to the holocaust and nazi germany. and if you are too ignorant to understand that, then i feel very truly sorry for you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what you said is dispicable and you should have kept it to yourself. i hope that one day you understand why.

ANJI, unfortunately, you are right about the scapegoat thing.. its an unfortunate consequence that is brought upon by stereotypes. Maybe there are many Jews in high places.. but think about it.. they are getting out there and making something of themselves.. striving to be the best, while the ones who say these things are the ones sitting on their asses complaining that someone else is running the show.

anyway, i for one am very glad that Allianz did not get the naming rights. truthfully, if that was the name, that thought would run through my head everytime i came to a game or drove past the stadium and saw the logo. my connection and feelings toward the home of my beloved team would be quite different.

10. Fester

Fester New Member

Dunno about all this self righteousness. Our economy relies heavily on slave labor in China.

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

care to elaborate?

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

it was an awful name anyway. Is Jetblue in the running again?

13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

apparently the company has worked hard to atone for past sins. i think it's a good message from the jets, but also wouldn't have a problem with them making a deal with allianz either.

14. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Exactly, How many companies involved in slavery in this country have this happen to them. Anybody ever hear of JP Morgan????? If they get to have a stadium why can't Allianz. Seriously, history is a cycle and these are the type of things that gives anti-semitics fuel....... that's all I'm saying, this would have been an easy thing to let go or handle privatively.

#34 ANJI, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I was being serious. Because in the country that we live in...if you stop buying those season tickets to go to the Jets games, guess what? I'd buy them straight up from you. Or someone on the Waiting List will.

I'm not trying to insensitive, but when it comes to business, the top head execs only show allegiance to the All Mighty Dollar. You never (Or should never) conduct business holding grudges or have emotions involved. It always ends up being bad for business.

Personally me, I would love to see an American company step up and claim the naming rights to our stadium. But if Allianz happens to offer more, so be it.

16. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

Man I luv u Gator! Not in a gay way cause I'm no fag man, but rather in a I just laughed for 60 seconds about your re-write way. That's some funnt sh*t

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So we can sell our ports to Dubai but we can't sell naming right to a company that had ties to something from Years ago?

WOW...

As I said before, as a society we are fuked. People just keep reliving the past for the sake of pity.

It's one thing to remember, it's another to constantly bash it over everyone elses heads that want to MOVE ON.

18. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Why was this the Morally right thing to do? You act like the people running this company are Nazis. I would love to see a list of large German corporations that weren't involved with the Nazis. Remember, they ran the entire country, how could there be a large company that wasn't involved with the Nazis back then. I don't condone what the Nazis did but why does it seem like people are condemning any company that was involved with them, its business. It like saying I you would never drive a BMW because they made vehicles that transported Nazis. Its just silly at this point.

19. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I guess we should drive New York life and Aetna insurance out of business too then seeing as they insured slaves back in the day. Everyone calling this company Nazis is just looking for something to hate. There is no reason to be calling them Nazis because they were in business during those awful times.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The parallels between Allianz and BMW are much stronger than that. BMW has admitted to using 25,000-30,000 slave laborers, POWs and concentration camp inmates during the war. Daimler-Benz, Volkswagen, and Krupp also used tens of thousands of slave laborers and camp inmates, as did FordWerke (a subsidiary of Ford) and Opel (a subsidiary of GM; GM regained control of Opel after the war, and kept the profits made by Opel). Bayer (I.G. Farben at the time) employed slave labor and produced the Zyklon B gas that was used in the gas chambers. Hugo Boss made the Nazi party uniforms using slave labor. Media giant Bertelsmann used slave labor in plants in Lithuania and Latvia. Deutsche Bank provided hundreds of millions of dollars to I.G. Farben that it knew was being used to build a slave labor camp inside Auschwitz. Although some of the leaders of these companies were tried as war criminals after the war, most were not, for the simple reason that because of the Soviet threat the Allies could not afford to let West Germany's economy collapse.

As I said in the earlier thread on this topic, there were no clean German corporations during the war. If you object to Allianz putting its name on a stadium, you should also object to Mercedes and BMW ads during halftime. Just be sure not to take a Bayer aspirin if this gives you a headache.

Of course, I also pointed out the New York Life and Aetna slave insurance connections in that post. It's always risky to look too closely at things.