Jets-Giants end talks with Allianz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Popeye's Army, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Jets-Giants end talks with Allianz

Updated: Friday September 12, 2008 1:56PM

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- The New York Giants and New York Jets ended naming-rights talks with a German insurance company that once had ties to the Nazis.

Allianz had been looking to buy naming rights to the stadium being built in northern New Jersey.

The move was criticized by Jewish groups and Holocaust survivors. The company says it has atoned for its history and should not be judged by its World War II record.

Allianz officials confirmed that talks have ended. Discussions are continuing with other potential partners for naming rights.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/09/12/giants.jets.ap/index.html

2. section134

section134 Active Member

GOOD Good job Woody

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Thank God. I don't trust aliens and I don't want them anywhere near our stadium.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

This was the smart and morally right thing to do.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

Good. It was a stupid name anyway. Any company that can't at least have the decency to call themselves Alliance doesn't deserve to be in business. Can you imagine?.....

Gator: I'm going to the Jets game

Suzy: Yeah, where?

Gator: Alianz stadium

Suzy: Lions stadium? Don't the Lions play there?

Gator: NO...Alyyyanzzzz stadium!

Suzy: What?

Gator: Show me yer tits

Suzy: OK

6. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I actually liked the name. It was an alliance between the jets and giants on the stadium.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

This is stupid. To survive, companies HAD to make deals with the Nazis. They've paid their dues, they've attoned for their mistakes.

Americans just need something to bitch about.

8. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

everyone is an alien in this country barring the native indians.

9. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

i agree...someone had earlier pointed out how boeing etc were involved during world war. maybe we shud stop flying.

10. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous.. people born in a country are not aliens in it, even if their parents were foreign. That's not what I was referring to anyway. I was making a weak pun at the company's name..

VW and Mercedes too... from the other thread:

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

I fixed it a little.........

You are a hard working player. You earn enough money for a crib and an Escalade, feed ya shawties. You even play in OT so that you can afford to pay your Ho every month. Now, the big, bad Patriots roll into town, commit unspeakable acts of horror and aggression upon your team, beat your players to within an inch of their lives. They place you in Goodells office because of your 3rd failed drug test. They separate you from your homies &, bitches. They starve you, then beat you some more. They force you to work grueling hours in outdoor stadiums in December. At any moment, at the whim of Bill Belichick, you or your loved ones could be sent off to die in an horrific (what the Patrioits would later refer to as) "experiment" that strips you of every last shred of dignity you had left.

Now, your surviving teammates are left with nothing. All your players have been liquidated, even down to the diamond earings in their ears. Good thing you made those payments to the steroid dealer so diligently every month...oh, wait! Surely the team who was "just trying to survive" would not deny your playas the last ray of hope to regain any semblance of the life they had before those Pats rolled into town. I mean, they were just doing what Belichick told them, and now that they are gone...Nope, too bad. You team is sent back to their burned down cribs with NOTHING...

A generation later, your teammates have moved to a new team, started a new life. They even save their money to buy a new Range Rover with several TVs and big rims. They watch every game on 103 inch Plasma TV's, yo. They struggle to save enough money to buy tickets to one game a year, now that Goodell has swept in and taken all the seats. When you show up at the arena, there is a huge sign, in big glowing letters advertising the very teamthat denied you the reparations you so justly deserved.

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I really hope this wasn't the main reason this business deal didn't go thru and it was all in the numbers. I really do.

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

We'll never get a sponsor cause some group will be offended.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Who wants a sponser?

15. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Yeah seriously. Although I didn't really like the name, money is money and the person with the most money should win, it would be nice for an american company to buy the rights though.

16. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I'm sure Gary Myers is happy. After reading his article, you'd think everyone in the company goosesteps when they walk and the men all had little mustaches.

i'm sure the owners knew the history but accepted it as that, history. apparently is a rather large company and i'm sure they did their research.

i'm sure the wealthy jewish families in my area (i'd guess 95% own a black mercedes, probably 2 actually) wouldn't care and won't be returning their luxary cars.

all it takes is a swazi = allianz, and you knew they were out of it.

either way, i'm sure the big wigs will get their money from another blood sucking company.

next in line - Smith & Wesson or Lockheed

17. ANJI

ANJI New Member

This kind of sucks, no offense to Jewish people, but this type of "influence" is why Hitler was able to make them such a easy scape goat. Things like this only fuel the believe Jews are running things.

18. Dan

Dan Member

I don't care what they name it. Jack the price of the naming rights to the sky, make some billion dollar corporation pay to have their name on the stadium and ELIMINATE THE PSL!!!

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

are you being serious? im jewish, and i lost many, many, MANY members of my family in the holocaust. Im already paying my damn PSLs, no way would i stand for going to a stadium named for a Nazi company. There are plenty of other companys that are willing to dish out the dough that are much less dispicable than allianz. thank god.

20. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

youre naive