Brady tore both the ACL and MCL...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Sep 11, 2008.

1. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

I think the likeliest scenario is that Tom Brady will return to above-average or better effectiveness for the 2009 season. I would not be surprised if Brady's lengthy recovery - six weeks for the MCL, plus up to nine months for the ACL, adds up to early August of 2009 - means Brady will probably be rusty for the first few games.

But in no way is he done.

2. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Brady isn't a scrambler, so I don't see why this would have any lingering effects on him. He'll be fine... didn't Palmer have a similar injury?

3. hduarte729

hduarte729 New Member

HEY guys: I'm new at this but is it not a cheap way to sing Victory, without Their #1?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he'll get comeback player of the year in 2009. This injury in this day and age does not take you out. He won't be the same Tom Brady, but he'll still be a QB anyone would want on his team.

The mental part of it is the intangible. When someone gets blocked and his within a foot of the knee again, does he flinch as he throws? Its similar when a pitcher gets a comebacker in his face - after they finish their motion they either put the glove up to their face or flinch when the bat is swung.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you still have to beat 21 other starters on the Patriots team, most of which went to the pro bowl.

The matchup is Defense vs Defense in this game.

6. hduarte729

hduarte729 New Member

I've been reading your threads over a year and enjoting all of it. Specially raider Joe and what he does to this blog. After last week I wonder where he is hiding now?

7. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Hey Mick--hardly recognized you. I think of Tony C. whenever this kind topic comes up; and there's been many others. Your point is very well taken.
    If I had to make a prediction, I think Brady will be back to his usual self pretty quick--barring another injury. He's a cool customer.

8. hduarte729

hduarte729 New Member

NDmick:
    Com'on. you're pretty good. But you know someting is missing , don't you?

'

9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

MCL is usually left to heal on its own because although classified a ligament, its made up of soft tissue, not clearly defined, and very difficult to repair--no reconstruction, usually just some "tacking" of the tissue to help. Most ortho surgeons recommend no surgery on the MCL in this case and yes, the tissue does repair on its own. I had the same injury (ACL, MCL-although different circumstances) about a year ago.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yea, about 15% of that offense is missing-- Cassel won't make the calls at the line that Brady can (and no more videotape) but guys like Koppen and Mankins are still there. Even Mangini said the team is loaded- they are... but 15% of the offense is missing.

The game will be close, barring any Cassel pick 6's this game will be 1 possession. This game the home field advantage will be insane - I expect a LSU/Ohio State atmosphere in the stadium, and I believe the Jets have asked fans to wear either green or white to add to it. With Favre's home debut, Jets-Pats, and Brady out... this stadium will be nuts. That may be the difference in the game alone - fan noise... I think we could rival Seattle's best crowd with what will be at the Meadowlands on sunday.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

ZOMGZ TEH JOKZ R OVR UR HED

12. hduarte729

hduarte729 New Member

NDmick:
    You are dead on to what you're saying. However that 15% you mentioned is the razors edge! I will compare it to a heavyweight fight and the champion has been replaced by a top contender. It's just not the same... Our acid test , sorry to say, will be ....THe Bills !!!!!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ok ok make it 20% :lol:. Your're right about the Bills, as scary as that sounds, will be the acid test.

But with Buffalo, you stop the special teams - you can beat them with ease. That game is 20-10 if Moorman's pass and Parrish's run don't happen. I can see Westhoff/O'Dea stopping them. Then it comes down to the running game- stop that and Edwards is fucked.

I still think Jauron is not a coach that can outcoach 80% of the league.

14. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Under Al Davis's wheel chair of course.

15. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Planted foot and enough force to the side of the knee at the right angle can damage the ACL, MCL and the medial or anterior meniscus and that injury is known as the unhappy triad. It is serious trauma to the knee, painful and difficult to overcome and I have no doubt that Brady will be back with the correct medical care and rehab.
    He will be 100% capable of being a QB but more susceptible to injury and he will develop arthritis in that knee if he lives long enough. Enjoyed rooting against him/wish him well.

16. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Most of what you say is true but in a medial column injury where there is damage to the mcl and grade III damage to the acl or another of the two ligaments some surgeons may opt for surgical repair of the mcl and it will depend entirely on the severity of the injury. Lets hope it works out well for Brady and he is able to resume playing in 09'.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it was mcgahee, he is doing pretty good at this point. that was a nasty injury.

the tools they have to reconstruct a knee are amazing at this point, as we can see many people who do not have the best doctors in the world at reconstruction have come back pretty damn well. brady will be fine, if not it would be an odd occurance at this point. and i hope he does come back fine so that he can be beaten just like the rest of his team will be beaten this year.

i have to admit although i shouldnt have i definitely laughed at the throwing elbow or neck comment. :)

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

What happens if Cassell goes down during the game...we face Matt Gutierrez?

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

kevin O'Connell. 3rd round Rookie

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'll read the rest of the responses here, but I just have to reference Namath. I don't think anyone in pro-football today would be able to compensate similarly, even given the major advances in spawts medicine.

Tom Brady will get great care in a great American hospital at the hands of great American doctors. He'll be fine as long as he can plant. Plant sunflowers and zucchini, that is. Hehe.

#40 jetophile, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008