Titans asked for police help to find QB Young

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by German Jets Fan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Wow, that's terrible. Guy must be really depressed after getting hurt and not quite living up to expectations. Hopefully he gets some help and doesn't end up hurting himself.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he went to a friends house because he's upset. I've done that for things too. This is no big deal

I worry for that Franchise becuase this is the same kid who didn't want to play after his rookie season.

Madden 08 ruined a young career.

4. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Let us hope 09 does not ruin an old one.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You said it man......

6. ........

........ Trolls

Don't worry, I heard his publicist explained it away:

Vince is a #3 overall pick. He gets a fat paycheck. Vince has 58 million reasons why he should be alive.

In all seriousness, I think, and hope, that this is simply an overreaction on the part of his family and the media. It sounds like everything was a big misunderstanding.

7. Dan

Dan Member

They signed Chris Simms today.

8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What the hell is going on w/this guy?

The Nashville Tennessean reports Vince Young on Monday "indicated to those around him he didn't want to play football any more." The Titans may be planning to move on without him.

This isn't the first time we've heard this from Young. And "there are indications" the team is ready to move forward with Kerry Collins, even when Young gets healthy. And that assumes Young even wants his job back. Young's mother, rightly concerned, pleaded for people to give her son "space" and "love." But it won't be so simple. A psychologist reported Young was "extremely depressed" and one wonders when (and if) he'll see the field again.

Sep. 9 - 10:43 pm et Source: Nashville Tennessean

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Obviously, he has more problems than just football. I hope he gets better and makes it through this.

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Vince Young is a borderline personality. I'm guessing Narcissistic Personality Disorder. When things are going well, you feel unstoppable, all-powerful, like Superman. But subject that same person to some common criticism and they feel worthless and dangerously depressed.

Not that I don't feel for Young, but if you're a quarterback and you feel depressed after your team wins on Sunday, against a team that many picked for the AFC championship, you're not cut out for the NFL.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

#10 JCotchrocket, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  11. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

just sad

When I think back to Young dominating the national championship game, I thought he might become a star in the NFL. He had the moxy, the electric legs and the college pedigree to do it. But the pro game exposed his bad mechanics and troublesome decision making. The guy just can't throw. And that bodes poorly for staying in the league very long.

Now with the high draft pick and the expectations associated with that, Young is crumbling under the pressure. Quite frankly I don't think he'll ever do anything with his career. Which is truly unfortunate.

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

He wasn't missing. He went to kick the shit out of John Madden for putting him on the cover.

All kidding aside, I'm getting out of all this is that he just wanted to be alone and/or with his friends. He's more than likely frustrated as hell at this point. Maybe pro ball isn't for him. <shrugs>

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Update now from his mom (below).

It really brings into light all the pressures that are on a QB in this league. You have to have strong psychological skills as well as physical/mental. Fans can be ruthless with their booing/mboard slander, etc. For all the so-called "whining" and stupid comments that QBs like Favre, Eli, Rodgers, Pennington, etc do, you still have to appreciate that those guys do a pretty d@mn good job of blocking all the crap out, all things considered.

14. GreenMachine

So now a grown man needs his mommy to rescue him. Get the F outta here. Her making these statements have done far more damage. Wait until he goes on the road. Career over.

15. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Seriously. His mom should shut the fuck up and mind her own. You don't fuel the fire like that. I'm sure his family, friends and the team are a good enough support network to get Young the help he needs.

While ive never been a fan it's too bad to see this unfold and especially in the media.

16. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

All the Texans fans who crucified the front office for picking Williams over Bush and Young, kindly step forward for another serving of crow.

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If Vince Young is depressed after getting booed this season, then Rex Grossman must be dead inside.

18. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Please read what I said more closely. I wasn't defending Young at all. I was defending other QBs like Favre that have occasionally made what some took to be whiny comments, pointing out that they hold up relatively well under pressure compared to Young (who, again in case you missed it, I was not defending).

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Vince Young is contemplating retirement?

Source: Nashville Tennessean

20. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: