The Gloat about the Game thread.... and thank you Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I don't know where all the hate for Chad comes from. The guy was one play away from stealing the win. He played a great game.

I think in Pennington Miami has a huge upgrade at QB from last season. They will win several games this year because of his solid play.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Our Chad hate stems from the exact type of play he had yesterday.

4.9 yards an attempt. Way too low for an NFL qb.

Decent stats but not getting the job done. Always taking the underneath play and having almost no deep threat when he is in.

As a player and person you have to respect him for his smarts and toughness, but its hell cheering for him on your team at times.

That said he is a huge upgrade for the phins. He gives thier young QB's a few years to develop while he holds the fort.

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I tend to not be a big fan of fish QBs.

Whether Marino was winning games or losing them I still didn't like him.

I really hope we can move past this love affair with all our ex-players and enjoy this season with the players we have now.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To be honest, part of me was admiring Chad for playing so hard with the dirt he had around him. I am glad we didn't lose.

But if we did lose at the end, I could have lived with it.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree. The last ball he had to throw up for grabs because there were no other options. Favre did the same thing and Stuckey went up and got it for a TD, when Chad did it Revis made a great play. It's a team game, luckily our team has better players right now.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

That's not exactly the situation. Favre threw up a ball on 4th down when we had numbers at the end zone because Miami was coming with pressure. Chad threw two balls up for grabs that both hit Jets defenders in the hands and the INT came on 3rd down with time on the clock for another play.

The score also made the two situations totally different.

7. Italian Seafood

In both cases, 4th down and the end of the game, you have to put the ball in play and hope your guy catches it. Yes, there was time for another play at the end but it was close, you don't always know if you're going to get another chance. You really can't throw the ball away there. Revis made a great play, as did Stuckey. The one Coleman dropped was worse, but that's what happens. Joe Montana threw one just like that at Lewis Billups right before he won Super Bowl XXIII with the TD to John Taylor. It happens. Favre admitted later he had no idea who was there when he threw his.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It wasn't 4th down for Miami that's the point. He absolutely could have thrown it away he threw a soft toss right at Revis with position. We took over the ball with 5 seconds on the clock clearly enough time to run a play. If Favre makes the same throw to Stucky on third down it's a bone head play. On 4th down it was a good play either way.

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Feel free to move on. No one's asking you not to.

I myself have no problem enjoying the Jets as they are now, as well as being a fan of individual players and coaches that helped the team in the past and have moved on.

I will be a fan of whomever I choose to be a fan of. And that includes not only Chad Pennington, but also Bill Parcells and Vinny Testaverde and Jonathan Vilma.

10. Italian Seafood

Same here. Chad is the first significant Jet QB to ever play against us. Namath, Todd, O'Brien, Boomer, Vinny, none of them ever did. Unless you consider Ray Lucas significant, I don't. Chad was our home grown guy too, so it wasn't even like Vinny where we had seen him on other teams for years.

Had he pulled the game out for them I'd have been somewhat happy for him as an individual, but I'm real glad he didn't. I think he has enough left that he'll be down there for a while and we'll see him a bunch of more times, too. It will add a new twist to the rivalry.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Chad played well yesterday. The sad thing is the game ended for the Phins the same way so many others have ended with him at the helm when he was our Qb. He dink and Dunked them to a loss. When he went at Lowery you knew what was coming before he even threw the ball.