New Kicker Needed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr. Papagiorgio, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

Everyone was calling me crazy when I wanted to keep doug brien even after the Pittsburgh thing, but he was clutch besides those two

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is hurt which is why he isn't kicking for the Giants.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That was Sperm and Boobway over-reacting to the Doug Brien game. Brien was a pretty good kicker up until that point and honestly if that game never happens Mike Nugent isn't a Jet. All that being said he was solid for a while but he seems to have turned into a below average kicker. Hard to believe we go Nugent and Miller within a few picks of each other. I think Miller is probably onto his way of getting cut and Nugent isn't all that good.

4. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

no he missed when it counted and couldnt hit a 23 yarder in preseason. He plain sucks. If you cant depend on your kicker to be accurated inside 35 yards and it effects your play calling . Time for a new kicker.

5. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Yeah that quote was fucking ridiculous.

6. Silencer

Silencer Member

I need not remind everyone of Week 2 of Pre-Season against the Washington Redskins....what if it was a game that actually mattered and he pulled that shit?

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Not sure if you agree or disagree with me, but what is ridiculous is that Nugent is "terrible." He's not Pro Bowl material, but he isn't awful either. He's a solid kicker. He kicked three FGs (he was 3-3) in our last playoff game, but somehow that isn't performing when it counts.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Tynes should be back in about a week or two. Once he returns and the Giants cut Carney, we should pick him up.

Nugent needs to be off the team immediately.

9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm sure if we go back far enough, we'll find 15 in a row that Doug Brien put together as well. Nugent just isnt consistent enough when clutch kicks are needed to be made. I'm not 100% comfortable w/his distance either.

I wish Minnesota had jumped in front of us that year to draft Nugent ----- they were really hot for him.

10. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I am so sick of Nugent, we are at such a disadvantage with him. We could lost today because of his inconsistency again. How much longer does the front office put up with this?

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

There is nothing more frustrating and more momentum-killing than having a shitty kicker.

Kickers have the easiest fucking job. Could I do it? No. But I can tell you it's a lot harder to be a QB, RB, TE, DT, DE, etc. etc. etc.

Can't stand this shit. Nugent is garbage. Inside 35 yards with little wind a FG should be 100% guaranteed. Cut his ass now.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

For a #2 pick he should have 100% accuracy and his FGs should count for 6.

13. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

I heard he actually injured himself on the opening kickoff...

14. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

WRONG.

Kicker is the hardest job in the NFL. Not the most physically demanding, obviously, but the hardest to be good at.

Think about it. There are probably only 10 guys on the planet who have the skill set to be a good/great kicker. Then there are like 35 guys who are mediocre to bad, and everyone else on the planet blows.

Why do you think Morten Anderson can kick at 87 years old? Cause there is nobody else who can do what he does.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm still nauseated over the fact that we spent a 2nd rounder on Nuge...ughh!!