Bars in CT to watch the game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanJoe, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JetFanJoe

JetFanJoe New Member

Hey guys... I go to UCONN and unfortunately the game won't be televised up here due to this being a Patriots area. I'm willing to travel anywhere in CT to watch the game... even if it means an hour and a half to my home in western CT. Does anyone know a bar closer to me that may have the game on? A bar in Hartford or Manchester maybe? Any help you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated! J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!!

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Try Rookies in Cromwell...Or since you're at UCONN try or at least call to see if they are playing it at the Sports Bar in Willimantic

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ill see what i can find out from some of the guys i work with up in that area.

btw i am also from new fairfield ct, how odd is that

4. 624

624 Banned

i live in connecticut and patriots game is on channel 3 cbs and jets game is on channel 2 cbs every week...my sister goes to uconn and i think she gets it up there (shes not into it, but i think she gets it maybe)

i live in the litchfield county area (woodbury, ct, small town)

5. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

i think hooters plays it in buckland, what ever the customer wnats i think.

6. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

I go to Fairfield University so I'm in CT too except here both the Pats and Jets games are cast on TV

7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

yo jet fan joe, im from new fairfield also. class of 02. any bar that has the ticket will show it, if not there, head to hartford. pm me im dying to know if i know you personally. since you are younger i assume you most likely know my brother.

8. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hit up Allstars in Manchester. Nice set up and the staff is pretty hot. They get a few regular Jet fans. I will be there, and we could use some more Jet fans in pats land.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Guys....Fairfield is 2 hours away from UCONN...try to help the guy out..gas prices are expensive these days. I've never been to All Stars ... at least not that I can remember.

10. As a CT resident this is a harsh subject for me. There are Patriot bars, Giant bars, Steeler bars..hell even a dolphins bar(The fish tank in Hartford)...but no Jets bar.It's pathetic.

Supposively there is a dive in manchester that has a decent jets following..but i never get a solid confirmation on the name or location of it.

I have a dream of one day opening a pizza/sports bar that will be completely decked out in Jets stuff and will only show Jet games on Sunday. Local fans of other teams can go pound sand..there are plenty of bars made specially for them.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I live in Woodbury too....where are you ??

12. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Dude..there is only one place to go..West Wings on Prospect Street in Hartford..Great game food..hot waitresses and Jet fans..Find me.. I'll be in the green Jets polo shirt front and center..trust me here..its the place you want to be for the game. Take 84 West then I believe exit 42 Prospect St..take a right off exit then first left and its about 300 yards on your right..next to Wendy's..see ya there

13. jonnyd

I just looked up that west sings place. Considering CT absolutely sucks for sports bars, that place looks pretty damn good. Perhaps one week when jonnyd feels like going out he will make an appearance

14. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Well you just let me know jonnyd..If the Jets are not on Ct TV I'm at Wings..first cold one on glenn212

15. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Dude..What are you talkin about..unless you have the NFL ticket there is no Jets game on in Ct today...come on brother, the cat from UConn needs the facts.

16. jonnyd

I have NY CBS as well as CT plus the football package....but i also have a house full of kids so one week I will fire out to meet you guys.....the habenero wings sound good

17. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

The habernos are bangin..See ya when we see ya..A houseful of kids huh..Isn't that what a wife is for??? just kiddin Mrs. Jonnyd

18. 624

624 Banned

ive gotten a jets game every week in CT since I started watching football..its always on channel 2 cbs while pats are on channel 3 cbs...if you go to www.tvguide.com/listings you can type in zip code and find out (mines 06798 and it says jets on 2 pats on 3 and eagles/rams on 5)

#18 624, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  19. 624

624 Banned

upper grassy hill off of 317 area...what about you?

20. JetFanJoe

JetFanJoe New Member

thanks for the info guys! back at home in new fairfield, the jets are on channel 2. up at school though, there's only one CBS channel... which is taken up by the pats game. my friends and i did a little research on our own and found that the closest place is Sports Bar in north windham/ willimantic. thanks a lot murrell!!