Sun- Sentinel article re Dolphin defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

agreed. one thing I expect is ricky williams to impress. the guy always does he just cant stay on the field lol.

i think the dolphins have a legit run offense but with pennington and even worse recievers than NY i dont see much coming out of that. just being i watched pennys whole career lol. hes better than what the dolphins have had though.

same thing I can see the dolphins run d being better than expected but their pass d struggling mightily.

matt roth in pass coverage? thank you very much.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nobody has seen the Jets offense yet just like nobody has seen the Jets defense. That's what happens when Coles and Ellis sit out the entire preseason. I think people will be surprised.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

With Brett Favre, the last thing people will be is surprised.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If the Jets offense does well expect Favre to get a far greater share of the credit than he necessarily deserves.

5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I think Miami's biggest problem isn't with talent, it's going to be confidence. Did this new coaching staff do enough to change the 1-15 mindset? I think Miami's WR are far better then most think and won't be used like a Randy Moss. They will surprise if they aren't given enough respect. My whole concern about this Dolphin team is getting beyond the 1-15 stink. Miami was better then 1-15 last year. We were in several games that we could have won. Including NYGiants, Pittsburgh, NYJets and and several others. Our coaching was just so bad.

Cam Cameron was just such a non factor when it came to anything other then calling an offensive plays. It's like two different worlds from last year to this. The team has more confidence, they swarm to the ball, the defensive scheme is far less complex, the players are far more fit. Do you realize we don't have one single player on our injury list...how often do you see that?? Now maybe it's interntional and Miami could actually list a player or three, but it's the mentality this new coaching staff brings. It may be a little thing, but it's those little things combined that turn teams from bad teams into good teams. Miami won't win this year as much because of talen as they will because of attitde and a desire to win again. I look forward to this season like non I've seen since Marino.

6. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

We've got one of the best "bad weather" passers in the game. On the other hand Chad on a windy day especially if the phins fall behind doesn't inspire any confidence.

7. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I just find it amusing that when the 2 QB's are talked about by Jet fans there is no neagative about Brett....at all, but when there's any talk about Chad there's no positive....at all!! Now I know Chad didn't win a SB in NY, but the Only QB to ever win a Super bowl for the Jets was Broadway Joe. Chad had a lot of success with the Jets, but to listen to Jet fans he never won a damn game.

I understand Jet fans want the world to think they're ther greates team in the league, but to listen to some of you talk you'd think the only people on the planet to ever watch the Jets play football were Jet fans. Come on people, no one in Miami is calling Chad Pennington, Tom Brady. So you can spare us the stupid hate posts about how awful Chad is. You're really going overboard with the hate.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The same type of posts were written here when he was still a Jet.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

And yet the Jets still won a lot of games. And might I remind you the Jets weren't exactly strong everywhere on the field except QB. The Jets have had their share of other problems. Is it Chads fault the Jets couldn't run the ball? Is it Chads fault the Jets couldn't stop the Run? I think the guy is taking all the abuse even when he doesn't have anything to do with the other aspects of the game. You also ignore the fact the Greenbay as a whole has been a lot more talented from top to bottom then the Jets since Favre was a Packer.

What happens if the Jets still can't run the ball or stop the run, what if Brett struglles because of it? Will he suck too? Will everything wrong with the Jets be Bretts fault? Like I said, I belive the Jets will be better, much better, but the Jets sure as hell made their best effort in years to upgrade the talent across the board and Chad doesn't get to play in that situation. I think it's amazing how Jet fans act like they understand the game, then let their frustrastions culminate on one position rather then the whole team as it really should be. It also doesn't help that Chad is a hated Dolphin.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

The fact of the matter is that even when Chad had a very good offensive line, running game and defense here he wasn't that good and held the team back. He was good in 2002. It's not 2002 anymore. If you don't like our opinions about him then go somewhere else where everything is fucking peaches and cream. Go jerk off over his completion percentage like he's some kind of great QB because of it.

Don't question our understanding of the game because we have a negative opinion of Chad Pennington. We've seen every game of his career, not just the ones where he smoked the shitty Dolphins.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That secondary wants one of the greatest QBs ever to throw on them???

K.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Don't qusetion it? I think your opinion is more about Chad being a Dolphin then it is about him being an ex-Jet. I just think it's a little to convenient how there's only down side to Chad, according to Jet fans. The reality is, Jet fans don't want Chad to succeed. The last thing in the world Jet fans want is to see Chad succeed elsewhere, especially when that elsewhere is a hated division rival. I think when Jet fans refuse to give the guy any credit at all other then "he's better then anything Miami had since Marino." That pretty much tells anyone who's watched Chad play it's simply Jet fans being Jet fans.

I asked you about a couple of scenario's and Brett Favre and you didn't answer the questions. What if Brett fails as a Jet will it be all his fault too, will he also be the only reason the Jets didn't win, just like Chad?? If not, who's fault will it be then? Mangini's? Tannenbaum's?? Who? I'll be interested to see who will get the blame besides a former player who plays for a divsion rival, cause you won't have that excuse.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

First of all, no one here is blaming everything on Pennington. Secondly, my opinion and many others on here were very anti-pennington long before he ever became a dolphin. Don't take my word for it, go back and look at post history on here. You don't know what you're talking about so stop talking out your ass. Obviously we're going to dislike him even more now that he's an Lphin.

If Favre fails here, come back and ask your questions. There's no way to reasonably answer those hypotheticals without any context behind them.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You need to do a search on Chad Pennington threads on this board, man, people have been clamoring to get rid of him for years. Broadway Brett was right, his stats and 'winning percentage' tell about a fraction of the tale. He deflates mid-season if he makes it that far and then it's checkdown city and nothing but timing routes past the 10 yard mark.

Honestly, I do not want Chad to succeed in Miami, although I would have been rooting for him with a team like the Vikings or the Bears. He's a great guy and a fantastic leader and all of that means squat when he can't get the job done.

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Just because you complained about Chad in the past doesn't mean that blame wasn't misplaced. The QB get all the blame when things go wrong and all the praise when things go right. That's a proven fact so lets try to use a little perspective when talking about where the blame went and why.

Well isn't that interesting, you sure don't have a problem forcasting what Chad will do in Miami...funny how your hypotheticals work.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

Once again, no one is blaming Penny for everything. This is something you're dreaming up. If you don't believe the criticisms he received while he was here were warranted, then that's your opinion. If you want to point out specific criticisms that were unfair please do and we can discuss.

Please point out where I've forecasted what Penny will do in Miami?

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well what's your opinion? This should be fun.

18. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

"These aren't the same Phinz, and Favre isn't playing in Green Bay anymore...."

I can't imagine what will happen in NY if Favre / Jets loses this game. It would have to be considered one of the biggest "egg in your face" moments ever. Win or lose, I can't wait to watch it!! Good luck....

PHINZ 23 / JETS 20

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Believe it or not game 1 of the NFL season for good teams isn't that big a deal. This game is the first chance to build a better team for the year. Plenty of playoff teams will lose week one and plenty of crummy teams might win weak 1.

I'm extremely confident the Dolphins suck, I hope the Jets will be in the mix.

#39 winstonbiggs, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  20. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

While I agree that we should try to get an early lead, my reasoning is a little different. By getting an early lead, we take Miami's running game away from them. Chad is not the kind of QB that can take a team on his shoulders and win a game. His strength is play action fakes and short, precise passes. Once you take away the running game, he's not very efficient. If the Dolphins are allowed to get their running game going (yes, Ricky W still scares me), with the weather being what it is down there, this will be a tough game that will be decided by a field goal at most. Now if that's the case, then which team has the better (stronger leg) field-goal kicker?