Pats sign Deltha O'Neal

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MBGreen, Sep 1, 2008.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this guy is more dangerous than Fernando Bryant...IMO.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=248208&lid=sublink04&lpos=headlines_main

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Are we really worried about someone that got cut from the Bengals defense? Honestly.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was but he was also released by Cincinnati for some reason.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

im nervous about this dude...hes the perfect role player

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

be that as it may...O'Neal still has an iota of talent and a nose for the football...unfortunetly for us, Belichick knows how to harness talent from broken down teams as well.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

he is better then Bryant, but I wouldnt lose sleep over a 31 yr old CB who has 2 interceptions in the last 2 seasons. He is well out of his prime.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree he's been able to turn talent around that was misused on other teams. But that was talent that was starting on other teams. The Bengals defense sucks goat balls and this guy couldn't make the cut.

This is how poor the Pats secondary has become. They're picking up scraps off the Bengals defensive trash heap.

There front seven will help cover it up some, but it's definitely a big weakness.

#7 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  8. Don

I would think there is still a defense he needs to learn. He may become toast for the first few weeks if they even let him play.

9. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Good Move .. I like it .. Def. an upgrade over Bryant .. We'll see how it turns out ..

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the Jets could have used him as well... oh well.

11. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

he got cut for a reason... that reason was $$$ he was making more than hall and joseph who are actually pretty good

12. Pats4Ever

Pats4Ever New Member

BB will ease Deltha into gameplan and not make him try to learn the whole defensive scheme at once.....The KC game plan is probably only what he knows after 3 days of practice......nice to have a vet mentor back there with Wheatley,Wilhite and Slater....John Lynch may be back later also.....by the time the playoffs roll around, the Pats D should be well oiled.....and with the front 7 Pats D has...they don't have to be ALL PRO..just average would be fine....

13. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Funny because Pats fans feel the same way about a 39 year old QB that likes to try and throw into double coverage. :up:

14. Grogan

Grogan Banned

I got to spend a good deal of time at training camp this year and Wheatly is the real deal, the kid played Bryant off the team. Wilhite was hurt alot and didn't play until the end of camp so it's harder to tell what he has. Don't be shocked if Deltha is here onlyto play the the third CB spot, I belive it's their intent to throw Wheatley into the fire from day one. Should be real interesting.

15. Pats4Ever

Pats4Ever New Member

I went to one of the TC's this year and Wheatley looked fast/quick.......get him some game experience and I think he'll be fine.....

I'm surprised Pats kept so many WR's...when Faulk gets off his one game suspension, it will be interesting to see who gets waived.....

16. Don

Want to compare the season each of them had last year?

17. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Oh, I get it, you want to stroke yourself over 07's 28 tds and 15 Int's??? Well how about 06's 18 Td's and 18 Ints? Or 05's 20 Td's and 29 int's??? Wake up call is in a few short days, all the talk in the world won't change it.

18. Grogan

Grogan Banned

It's a good bet one of the WR's will get cut, Akin or Vantrone would be my bet, they have long term plans for Slater.

19. Don

Not at all. You brought up that Favre still throws into double coverage. I just pointed out that he still completes them too. We obviously like our chances better with him than Pennington or Clemens.

As far as looking at last year, aren't you doing the same thing with that team of yours when you spout how good they are? As far as I can tell they haven't won a single game yet this year (and I'm not referring to pre-season).

#19 Don, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  20. Grogan

Grogan Banned

So what your saying is that my faith in the talent of my team that I just watched go 18-1 should be the same as yours when you watched yours struggle to win 4 games?? What planet do you come from?