Final Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Popeye's Army, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Barrett is being kept ofr his ability to play corner nad saftey it would seem. I think saftey, at this point, would not be a bad place for him seeing as he starts 15 yards off the line playing corner anyway.

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure of this, but if the JETS had released QB Erik Ainge, then he would have to be available on waivers for a specific time for any team to grab him. If he passed that time period with no team picking him up, then we could put him on the practice squad, right?

If this is the case, then IMO, keeping 4 QBs on the active roster is the best option.
    I dont think we could have risked losing either Ratliff or even Ainge to another team unless we REALLY know what we have w/those 2 guys --- especially w/a 38 QB who has a track record of considering retirement after each season.

3. Fester

Fester New Member

Marques Murrell made it. Cool. Who is Kenwin Cummings?

4. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

From NYJets.com

5. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Cummings led the team in tackles this preseason with 19 (15 solo) and had a sack. Pretty much came out of nowhere and just kept making plays.

Mangini always talks about guys making the most of their opportunties when they get them. He is definitely one of those guys. Still rough, but he appeared to make the leap from a small school, and wasn't intimidated.