Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All anybody has to do is call the NYJ tix ofc give them your account # & they will tell you what your priority is. As an example mine is "highest" whatever that denotes. So instead of guessing just give them a call on Tuesday & you will know for sure where you stand in the NYJ pecking order

2. BumpedFromUppers

BumpedFromUppers New Member

I think there will be lots of empty seats in the lowers when it gets cold and the corporate holders stop coming and no one is willing to pay face value of $400/ticket or more to the brokers.

All of this PSL nonsense could have been avoided if the Jets/Giants paid the extra $300million for a retractable roof and had year round revenue from the facility.

3. devils744

devils744 New Member

corporations will just give them to employees or clients when it gets cold. i'd think a lot of people would go in cold weather if it was free.

4. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

Gillette Stadium does not have a retractable roof and we don't have PSLs.

Gillette Stadium does not have a retractable roof and does have year-round revenue, both inside in the Fidelity Clubhouse where the Club Seat Holders congregate during games (for a price it can be rented out for functions and it is open all year round - corporate events are held there on a regular basis) and outside - Patriots football in the fall and winter, Revolution Soccer in the spring, summer and fall, High school football tournament action in the late fall, International Soccer events on a regular basis, local College Football and Soccer action in the spring and fall and Concerts in the spring, summer and fall. It also helps that the Patriots have their training camp at Gillette Stadium but on bad weather days in their huge practice bubble behind the Stadium, which is open for other events (again for a price and used quite often) on a year round basis.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think Woody cares less about what you posted because the PSLs money paid by the owner of the seats is already in Woody's bank account. Use the motto it is NOT a sport but a BUSINESS & maybe you will understand it all

6. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

laws of nj state that the season tkt holder can charge NO MORE than 20% of the face value if hez not registered with the state as a broker, else if he's registered with the state as a broker, he can charge AT MOST 50% over the face value.

registeration means - (1) maintaining a permanent office in-state, (2) paying an annual registration fee that may be as much as $ 500, and (3) disclosing its refund policy.

i doubt folks are registered. so looks like they're still breaking the law.

7. devils744

devils744 New Member

you should let the jets know this. the e-mail i got back clearly stated fans can charge what they like.

8. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

some more details regarding the tickets...new nj law passed on aug 08th says individuals can resell the tickets for as much as they want. only the brokers have a limit of 50% above face value. however, if an individual resells more than 30 tickets in a year, he needs to register as a broker.

ah well...the psl now sounds like a great idea for us waitlist members...who otherwise wud've shelled out big money to go to some games. at least with psl i have an opportunity (for a price) to get a season ticket.

9. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Just go to ticket exchange on ticketmaster.com...you can see for yourself how much people are asking for tickets for each game. obviously, the Pats game is out of control, but just because some guy lists his tix for $2,000 each, doesn't mean that's what the market value is. Just go and try and buy tix to the Jets v Bengals...you can get mezzanine seats for $175 each, and im sure last row upper deck for $95 each. not a crazy mark up if you ask me...So given your theory that you should pony up for an expensive PSL, knowing you can unload the tickets for a big premium...think about last year.

10. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

yes..agreed. someone earlier also shot down that idea to sell tkts for big premium to cover psl cost.

however, the new law came into effect just this year. so i'm wondering how much of favre effect this increase in tkt price is, as oppose to the effect of the new law where people can charge whatever they want.

now my thinking is, if i have to cough up extra $100 for every game for decent seats, i end up paying around $10k or more over the next 10 yrs anyways (as i don't expect to get non-psl season tkts any time soon). so why not spend that towards the psl? and the $10k wud remain as principle (most probably).