Are the Pats done and are we ready to take the AFC east?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Grogan

Grogan Banned

I got news for you, Thomas's natural position is outside, he started there last season and only moved into the middle to spell Bruschi or Seau because of injuries, when Colvin went down he moved back outside. You wouldn't know this because you just like posting nonsense without backing it up with facts. Isn't that the reason your fellow Jet fans banned you over at J.I.???? To further show how little you know, Hobson will likely not even make the team and if he does it will be as a back up. Pats starting LB's Mayo, Bruschi, Thomas, & Vrabal. Good luck with that. :up:

#41 Grogan, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We're just as old as the Patriots.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Patriots losing Stallworth means nothing. Late in the season they rolled with Moss, Gaffney and Welker. The OL is the most questionable position right now. Even tho Chad Jackson is a downgrade compared to Stallworth they still have Faulk to throw the ball to out of the backfield. That guy is an automatic 1st down machine.

The way I see it, teams will now score more points on the Patriots but as long as the Patriots keep putting up 28+ points a game (which is do-able, unless teams follow the Giants defensive blueprint) they'll still be the team to beat in the NFL and our Division.

4. Floridason

Floridason New Member

Why do we allow such moronic threads like this?? It just reinforces some of our stereotypes, that we talk shit before we actually win. Let's beat the girly man in his and cross-dressing head coach in NE before we anoint ourselves the new power house in the east.

Speculation and excitement about our team is Great but to jump to the conclusion that because the queers in NE lost 4 preseason games, that they are on the way out or worse they are going to suck, just makes us sound as desperate as we are portrayed.

I want win first, talk shit later. Because talking shit is only that...Shit !!

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

I think everyone knows that Thomas was an outside LB with the Ravens but the fact of the matter is this...He's an inside MLB for this Patriots 3-4 Defense and the loss of Colvin will hurt because Mayo is nothing to be excited about.

I would take Vernon Gholston, Eric Barton, David Harris and Calvin Pace over Mayo, Bruschi, Thomas, & Vrabal any day of the week. I would also take Revis over any starting CB of the Pats and the Patriots only DREAM of having a safety as talented as Kerry Rhodes who is now known as one of the best in the game. Defense wins championships and mark my words... This Pats defense could be the down fall of the Patriots this year, good luck scoring 35+ every game...

And banned by my fellow Jet fans over at J.I? hahaha, funny... I was actually banned because I was making fun of the owner for having a VIP section where people had to pay... I was laughing @ that VIP section and the next day I was banned... Who cares? TheGangGreen is the best Jets site around because the mods and owner let the site run it's course without throwing power trips... Go to JetNation and watch those Mods stick their chest out.

Get your facts str8 Jr... I was banned for making fun of the owner for asking people for $$$ on a fan site

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You spelled Vrabel's name wrong, moron.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Who said the Jets would be better than the Patriots? Who on this site called the Jets the SB Champions of this up coming season? Who said the Patriots would suck this year? Tell me, please.

The bottom line is this... The Jets have closed the gap.

Favre over Pennington
    Faneca over Montgomery
    Woody over Clement
    Jenkins over Robertson
    Pace over Hobson
    Gholston over Bryan Thomas

Revis and David Harris will both be 2nd year starters, instead of Rookies learning the speed of the game

Lets not forget the additions of Dustin Keller (The #1 rated college TE last year) and Bubba Franks, a TE who can run block and a player who has played with Favre for many of years.

The bottom line is this, this is a better Jets team than the team who went to the playoffs in 2006... For the first time under Mangini, Mangini actually has players who fit the 3-4 scheme. And for the 1st time ever, Jet fans will be able to see what Coles and Cotchery can REALLY do with a QB who can stretch the field.

Am I saying the Jets are better than the Pats? No... Am I saying we have gotten stronger while the Patriots have taken a step back? Yes.

Good luck to the Patriots stacking 8 Men in the box this year in order to stop Jones and Washington because Bret Favre, a HOF QB, will eat that "secondary" alive if they stack the box like they have done over the years against Noodle arm Chad and Rookie Kellen...

Lets just hope that BB doesn't know the opposing teams plays before they actually run the play. The Pats will always be known as footballs greatest cheaters, just go ask Congress of America on that one.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Oh God dude...shut up.

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

He must be like most Boston Red Sox fans and Patriot fans... He must have just started watching the Patriots after Brady took over as the starting QB.

Red Sox and Pats fans are all the same in my eyes, way 2 many fake ban wagon fans... You will NEVER hear a Patriots fan talking about the Pats before BB and Brady because truth be told, after BB and Brady... The Pats will go back to being the laughing stock of the NFL while the Jets will always be a team of New York... A team where guys wanna play if they love the spot light.

Is NE even a state? hahaha, I heard it's a region somewhere in the Northeast....

10. TampaBayJetsFan85

I see you just joined this site this year, already telling people to shut up...

Rookie, go get me some water rookie, Im thirsty

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The * has been out coached in three consecutive playoffs with the best team in football. The D is in decline but still strong right in the middle. The O will be formidible especially if they get the running game going and actually use it against good teams. Make no mistake the Pats are good, but they are not invincible.

We are much better than we have been since probably 98 with the exception of Martin. If we can get the running game going and contain on the outside we can play with anyone in this league.

12. Floridason

Floridason New Member

Hold on now Tampa, I meant the above post. I am in complete agreement about our team this year. I've been a fan since 81' and this is truly one of the most exciting starts to a season I have ever seen.

My only point was that making a claim that because the Pats have lost in the preseason and that we look great on paper, doesn't justify a conclusion that they are going to suck and we are the second coming. That faulty conclusion is the reason we have trolls like grogan trolling our message broad, wishing the girls in NE looked as good as us.

13. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Make no mistake about it, your fellow fans at "Jets Insider" banned you for starting threads like this one and making them and all Jet fans look foolish. They considered you lower that the Pats fans over there which tells you all you need to know. :rofl: By the way you better tell B.B. that Thomas is a MLB and that he can't play him at Outside because if he does he'll make you look more foolish ten you already do. As for Mayo, clearly you haven't benn watching, he'll be starting at MLB this season and you'll be hearing his name in the running for DROY all year long. Will the Jets top 5 project even play this year? :rofl:

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

And you've been here for 2, got banned once, and still have no clue as to what the fuck it is you're talking about. I like to think i'm optimistic for this team coming into Week 1, but Jesus man...how is Gholston better than Thomas right now? I guess you haven't been watching any pre-season games.

I get your enthusiasm but the season hasn't started. Everything looks great on paper for the Jets and it looks dark and gloomy for the Patriots, but when the season rolls around, it's a completely different game.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This post is a masterpiece. I look forward to the Pats stacking the box on us!

16. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Wow , your fellow Jet fans already banned you from Jets Insider, looks like your off to a good start here. :rofl:

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Actually, we are not. We will see what everybody has left after final cuts but as of right now they have 28 players over the age of 29 and we have 19.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Do you have Tourette's syndrome or something? Seriously, no need to repeat the same insult over and over and over.

19. Floridason

Floridason New Member

lol...nice

20. Grogan

Grogan Banned

It's not an insult it's a fact he's trying to lie about. What is it say about his posts and I.Q. that his own fellow Jet fans ban him beacuse they couldn't take how dumb he makes them and all Jet fans look??? Says alot I think.