Are the Pats done and are we ready to take the AFC east?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Aug 29, 2008.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only thing you'll be revisiting is the registration field when you are coming up with your next username, dipshit.

3. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Until we see the real thing, we have no effing idea what we have to face.

You haven't seen the Pats yet this year.

4. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Is name calling the best you can do?? Really?:rofl: and you call me brainless :rofl:. I don't have to call you or any other Jet fan names to make my point, and of course "reality" will back those points up in just a few short weeks, there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe you should start working on some more names? :rofl:

#24 Grogan, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Just change your name to Grogay and I think that will solve everything.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

yeah...I'm suprised he didn't keep his last one...the 4th ring...

7. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

The two things that get me giddy about the Pats maybe declining more rapidly than we expect:

1) O-line injuries. Stephen Neal on the PUP list, top backup Ryan O'Callaghan on IR, Matt Light just started practicing. Maybe this will turn out to be nothing, but I can dream, can't I?

2) Ancient LB's (plus a rookie) and no secondary (Terrance Wheatley? James Sanders? Fernando Bryant?). Teams WILL score more points against the Pats this year.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That is meaningless. We saw them last year and we know who is missing from that team this year and we know who they were replaced with. There are no surprises.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

That said, then any team who plays them knows that if you can just keep moving the chains you can keep Brady off the field. If you keep Brady off the field you have a very good chance of winning.

I think a lot of teams will be able to run on the Pats this year. That is the one part of their game where I expect falloff is on the D.

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Well, Don, do you think the Pats are toothless for 08?

I don't.

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

did Tom Brady retire? If not, then NO! They are still the team to beat until teams do it weekly.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

say it ain't so?

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not at all. I think they are still a good team. I just don't think they are even close to the team they had last year and I think it showed the last few games of the regular season and through out the playoffs. Since then they have lost a lot and not replaced any of those pieces. With all of that they will probably still win the division but they probably won't win more than 11 games at most. And that is only if Brady, Moss and Welker all stay healthy for the entire year.

14. TampaBayJetsFan85

Exactly...They never upgraded the WR position after the loss of Stallworth who was a speed burning deep threat with every down. They never upgraded the CB position after the loss of A.Samuels who has been one of the best, if not the best CB's over the past 3-4 seasons... I know it's hard to UPGRADE over Samuels but @ the same time, this Patriots front office failed to even replace the guy! If Ellis Hobbs is now the #1 starting CB, that spells bad news for this secondary. And R.Colvin may be the biggest loss to this Patriots defense, without a HEALTHY Colvin, Im not sure the Patriots would have won SB's in the past, that man can play and he always found ways to pressure the opposing QB... They also failed to replace Colvin

15. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Get ready for reality. :up:

16. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

This was really funny...:jets:

17. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Fixed your post. :rofl: And by the way, Colvin was on I.R. for the entire 04 Super Bowl season, he never played a down, and was only a situational player coming off reconstructive surgery against Philly. Do you know anything? To further show how stupid your comments are, you say the Pats havn't replace Colvin? Really????? Adalius Thomas says Hi. Did you just start watching football this year??? By the way "Jetswin" didn't you get banned over at J.I. because your fellow Jet fans got sick of how may stupid threads you kept starting?

#37 Grogan, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  18. TampaBayJetsFan85

Colvin was an outside LB and Thomas is an inside LB for this Patriots 3-4 Defense...

Sorry to say... But the Jets got stronger this offseason... Patriots took a step back.

Enjoy Victor Hobson...hahahaha

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No way are the Pats done...not with Brady. He gives them a shot every single game. Are they the same power as last year...no, to much age on defense and a depleted secondary will enable teams like the Colts, Buffalo, Jets and Jaguars to be successful. Good god, could you imagine Jones-Drew and Taylor on that defense 2 times a year. lol

Have we closed the gap, I think so. Personally, I think talent wise we are quite even right now...what the Jets need now is confidence. Other than Randy Moss I don't see any large talent gap at any other position and actually, we have the better defense as a whole IMHO. Say what you want...but I'll take our defense over theirs any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It is going to be a fun season and I expect the Jets to split with the Pats this year.

Peace!

The Mezz

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

Great post!