Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

hahahaha!!!

IS: Excuse me, can you sit down please

Champ: Are u threatening me?

IS: No, I just can't see the field. Would you mind

Champ: Why wd u wanna c the Nepats bt us whn we haven't one since Mantanman wuz hired by woody???????

IS: Wait...Kneepads? What? Just sit down. Geez

Announcer:...and the Jets win!!!!!

IS: Goddammit, what happened?

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Haha, I wonder how long it would take to figure out it's really him. I always imagine he sounds like the old guy in the Boar's Head commercials.

3. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

question...

i wanted to create a new thread for this, but being a rookie i'm not allowed. so putting it here.

i'm looking at stubhub for jets/pats tiks, and the great seats (between 30 yds) are selling for $2000-$3000 per seat. do these sell at all?

i'm asking 'cos i'm thinking on the lines of coughing up a good chunk for the psl for the good seats (lower sideline/ lower corner) and then sell one prime game (or maybe 2) per season for such ridiculous price to make up for the psl over coming yrs.

heck, at least i'll get to go to 6-7 games and have decent seats. instead of not having any seats (which will most likely be the case with my w/l number).

4. Italian Seafood

It's rare to get that much for one game, a lot of times when the team is bad you can't even get face value back. With this being Favre's first home game as a Jet and vs Brady and the Pats, the going rate is much higher than usual.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i am a season ticket holder since 2001 but....the guy who signed it over to me got them in 77.so i am lumped in with the first group.so if i want to stay in my section and add to my 2 seats i will have 1st priority for my section is what i was told.

im in 312 which is the 40 upper deck behind the jets bench

6. Italian Seafood

If that's the case I might be in better shape than I thought.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

3 & 4 go together

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Look closer. There are great seats for $500. Still, I would wait until it is closer to game day. Of course people will put that out there now at exorbitant prices and hope some fool buys them. As it gets close to game day they get much cheaper if they really want to sell them.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The NYJ blurp said only those who transferred tix within there immediate family like father to son retained there tenure as you outlined in your post

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't think that's true. I had my father request the seats be transferred to my name since I'm paying for them now anyway and they wrote back and said if we go through with it our seniority gets reset, so they are currently still under my father's name and address.

11. championjets69

Well thanks but that is what the NYJ release said & in my case it is true since I transferred my seats to my son in 96 but my son confirmed that we have the "highest" priority going back to 01/01/77

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can understand the Jets honoring a family transfer (like Champ's above transfer), but how can they honor a transfer from some stranger as "longevity" going back to Day One? If that were the case, EVERYONE is from 1977 and there'd be no need for "ranking" anyone. Hell, we're all first year people if youn want to go that way.

"Yeah, I picked up my seats in 2004, but I bought them from my neightbor, Joe Baloney, who bought them from a guy at work who bought them in 1977 from his mailman, therefore my start date is 1977." It just defies logic.

I got my tickets the year the Jets moved to the Meadowlands, so I'm not sure what my "rank" will be, but my tix account number starts with "01."

13. championjets69

If you call the NYJ tix ofc & give them ur account # or #s they will give you where you are ranked in the pecking order. That is how I found out about my priority & what I posted & the release from the NYJs clearly said the only transfers that would be honored as long time tenure is to a "immediate" family member

#293 championjets69, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  14. sect105

sect105 New Member

My tickets were transferred to me by my uncle. He had them starting in 1970. My seniority started in 1996. I think a lot of people think they have "More" seniority, then they really do.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I haven't seen it talked about yet but it just dawned on me that all of the money spent this offseason has obviously been so that it looks like Woody cares and so everybody goes out and buys his PSLs.

Does anybody other than me believe as soon as they are sold he cleans house and goes back to being the same cheap bastard he always was?

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is why all the PSLs are risky, even the Giants'. What will those $20,000 Giants PSLs be worth if they go 4-12 in 2010? Hell, the way things are going, they could be 4-12 this year.

But I have no doubt in my mind that Woody pumped it up a little extra this off-season in order to ratchet up the hype and therefore the PSLs. Come on, you'd have to be really naive in order not to see that.

It's a business.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have a question i have asked before and never received an answer.

if i am correct you are not allowed by law to sell tickets to football games at higher than face value. granted people do it all the time but if i am correct it is actually illegal.

so lets say you sell tickets and can only sell them for face value you are basically out the psl if you decide to never actually go to a game and abide by the law you cannot make your money back other than reselling the psl at a later date.

it just stinks all the way around. i know people who have had season ticket rights put into their will and here they go in one fell swoop make it so many of those people are left standing outside looking in unless they want to pony up.

18. devils744

devils744 New Member

I e-mailed the Jets asking how on their ticketexchange, fans are charging way above face when in previous years, it was face plus 10%. I got an e-mail back saying the laws in NJ changed, and fans can charge whatever they want.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thanks devils

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when i called they told me i was at the top thats what they said