Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

From the release, after seniority, it goes by seat area. So, they will (possibly incorrectly) infer seniority from seat area. The guy with seats from 65, but stayed upstairs will have less priority than the guy from 74 but with seats downstairs. That said, other than being bumped a section or two over, I can't imagine there is that many of you long-timers fighting over the exact same seats.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Champ: We're going to be neighbors!

Gator: I don't know how much of a "point man" I've been on this, but I readily adimit it HAS pushed my buttons. I still don't understand where they get off having loyal Jets pay for the stadium and not share the "rent factor" revenue from same once it's built. That's the reality, however.

At any rate, I envision the Prime Upper seats being the most sought-after in the stadium, because there's no PSL. They're going to get 50 requests for that area for every one request for the others, IMO. Everybody and his uncle will be trying to get lower rows in the Upper.

Again, it's not so much the PSL that kills it for me in the other areas, it's the ticket prices. No way am I paying $400 (or $700 - are they insane?) for one ticket to a game. I wouldn't pay $400 to see Bill Belichick service Eric Mangini and the 50 yard-line.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Questions:

1) When does this all begin?

2) Are we going to get something in the mail?

3) How long do we have to respond?

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I am in the process of trying to switch over computers. My old Dell is from 1998 and I bought a new HP with all the bells and whistles, so I hope I'm not going to run into a lot of kinks getting it up and running and transferring stuff over.

4. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

General Timetable
    Fall 2008 – Coaches Club Member Auction
    Winter 2008-2009 – Sale of East, West and Great Hall Club Member PSLs
    Sprint 2009 – Sale of remaining seats, including seats without PSLs

I'm assuming we will all be getting letters well in advance. I would imagine that you MIGHT have 1 month or so to decide what you want to do? Probably even less...there is a lot of info for the Jets to digest, and reconfigure everyone.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Current location means nothing 227

6. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I keep seeing a lot of people saying that the Giants plan is better. As someone in section 132, with seats pre 1977, the JETS plan is much better for me. I'll take prime seats in the upper deck at no PSL. Under the giants plan I'd have a choice of 80K or no seats at all.

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I think the Jets plan is the most fair...It rewards loyalty. But I still don't get why the PSL's for the new "upper loge", and upper deck are free? I read that the Jets are giving you 5yrs to pay off the PSL...I really dont think people would be hard pressed to pay $1000 over 5yrs for an upper deck PSL? I would think Woody could at least think of that, to lessen the $25,000 seat PSL. That's crazy...

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I can almost guarantee you that Giants fans in the lower deck between the 40's, with more seniority, will get to choose their section first, and that includes going to upper deck.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well hope you are correct. We will see once we get something in writing that we can clearly understand

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Current location is the 2nd most important thing to seniority. A season ticket holder since 1980 sitting on the 50 yard line will get to pick before a guy from the same year sitting on the 30 yard line.

11. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

no confusion really...

my first post...i'm on waitlist (4500+). the only confusion to me is how the jets office decide "ranking" of the current season tkt holders (based on seniority and current seats).

once the rankings are done, it's pretty straightforward -

1. first the coaches club seats are auctioned (anyone can bid)
    2. then the other club seats go on sale
    3. then the psl seats go on sale
    4. then the no-psl seats go on sale.

for each of the 2, 3 and 4 above they'll ask folks in the order of ranking if they want to buy the seats. if they say yes, they get out of the ranking list. if they say no, they remain on the list (for the next sale).

after step 4, people remaining in the ranking list will form the waitlist (i.e. if they wish to remain on it).

#271 jetmetnet, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. We have one set of seats in 128 that my wife got signed over to her in 2001, then in 2002 I came up on the list after nine years and got section 329. So I don't know if my seniority dates back to 2002 when I got the seats or 1993 when I went on the list. I don't know how hers works either because while she has good seats, someone else had them before she did then transferred them.

I guess I'm just going to wait and see what is offered to me, then whether or not I can or will buy them.

13. Section 227. Row 5

I could be wrong but I thought I clearly read somewhere that it will go by (A) Longevity and (B) Current Location, in that order.

That indicates to me that current location means something.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Well, it sounds like we don't have to make any decisions right now, which is good, because I'm pulling my hair out preparing my home office for my new computer equipment.

The way it sounds (and I agree with Jetmetnet's "ranking" theory) is that they will start with the oldest known ticketholder and everyone else from his year of longevity and rank everyone first in that time year based on their current location... best (most expensive) seats to worst seats.

Once they do that, these guys have a rank, say 1 through 985. Then they take the next oldest group of ticketholders (say there are 2,000 of them) from the second oldest year and rank them. Then they have rankings from 1 to 2,995. And so on.

It sounds like "old" will really count heavily under that scenario. Location still counts, but only within the year of your longevity. This would mean that a guy could have really great seats right now but it won't matter squat if he just got his tickets last year. And some other guy who's in the last row but who's had his tix since 1964 goes to the front of the line and this guy with great seats goes to the back of the line.

Does anyone else see this working any differently, based on what the Jets have announced?

15. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

"I keep seeing a lot of people saying that the Giants plan is better. As someone in section 132, with seats pre 1977, the JETS plan is much better for me. I'll take prime seats in the upper deck at no PSL. Under the giants plan I'd have a choice of 80K or no seats at all."

First off the Giants is the best plan and I do not say that because I am a Giants fan, I say it because they were not as greedy downstairs to their most loyal fans. Let me give you an example.

My seats are in 111. I was offered to pay a 20K PSL and $700 per ticket. That is unaffordable for my Dad and I so they Giants gave us the option of moving across the field and staying in the lower level on the 50 yard line on the visitors side where we will pay a 20K PSL but our tickets are only $160 per game. Had I been a Jets fan I would be screwed with the auction and if I asked the Jets to move me to the otherside of the field (which they are making a Hall Club) my PSL would be 25K and my seats would be $700 as well!!!!! Basically the Giants most loyal fans on the 50 who are leaving the club section are able to move across the field and pay only $160 per game.

The Giants also have more $5000 PSLs downstairs then the Jets do. They also have the majority of sections at 10K whereas the Jets have 15K PSLs.

Remember another thing, the Jets will recoup the 27 million $ they are losing in the Upper Deck by making intrest on the financing. The Giants are using outside lenders and will not make money off the fans financing.

And lastly you would not have to pay 80K or be out, the Giants are giving fans 4 different Options to make sure they keep them in the building.

#275 Giants4Ever, Aug 28, 2008
  16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

This is how I read it, too. But I do question if they will really go through so many iterations (eg - go all the way through the list in step 2. Then go all the way through the list in step 3. Etc. With each iteration requiring mailings back and forth with ticket holders and reordering the list).

That just sounds logistically challenging using snail mail as the communication vehicle. Also, there's been mention of a deli line process, where they just start at the top and mail folks in order of seniority/seat location and hash it out that way with a slightly less transparent process behind the scenes. Or maybe we first get a mailing asking us what sections we'd consider.

Again, I agree with your reading, but given all of the misunderstandings I and others seem to have plus the logistical challenges of several iterations by mail, I wonder if it will actually go that way.

Meanwhile, let's win some games this year :) I think I'm getting two tickets downstairs for the Pats game and giving my seat to a friend for that game. Bigger tailgate. Lower seats. Woohoo!!!

17. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

the only good thing about jets plan (over giants) is that they have grouped together psl seats in smaller chunks.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm going to get put next to champ, I can see it now.

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Just got off the phone with the jets ticket office. The dude sounded really annoyed and im sure i would be too with the ammount of calls that hes had to deal with the past few days.

From what i was told is that after the CLUB MEMBER PSL's are sold off, the PSL OWNER AND NO PSL seats will be sold next based on Senority. Being that this is only going to be only my 3rd year with season tickets i can pretty much kiss my seats goodbye. He basically told me my chances are very small even if im willing to pay for a PSL.

I dont mind paying a PSL but i know i can only afford the Lower corner, Lower redzone and Mezzanine. Anything above that and im back on the waiting list. Kinda sucks being that i waiting about 11 yrs to get season tickets. I just hope i can get a decent chance at a fair price to stay as a season ticket holder.

#279 JIMsection323, Aug 28, 2008
  20. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

here's the process i foresee - once the auction for the coaches club seats are done, they send a letter in say nov/dec out to everyone on the ranked list asking them if they want any seats in Step #2 (other club seats)...mentioning in the letter that they may or may not get the seats. once they get the replies, they have 3-4 months to come up with a new list for Step #3 & #4 (other PSL and non-psl seats). then they send the similar letter again.