Clemens has "locked up" the No. 2 spot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

^Ratliff would be in very quickly. I actually think this will be a battle all season long between these two.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I was leaning more on the side of Ratliff. I do agree; let's see him in a regular season game before we pass full judgement. Clemens - I know; soso pre-season, and possible future bust.

Even though I loved the guy's heart, at least the rest of the season wouldn't rest on Bollie's shoulders should anything happen to Favre.

#22 GreenHornet, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  3. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

which is why I am more excited than any season since going into the '99 campaign. Parcells wasn't ready, Mangini is

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I still like ratliff

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Parcells did address the position by bringing Rick Mirer in, people always talk about it like he didn't do anything at all. It was unfortunate that Vinny got hurt in the first half of the first game and Mirer wasn't in camp long enough to be ready that fast. Plus Mirer sucked, but who else is available two weeks before the season? The timing of that did us in, not Parcells. If anything they should have gone to Ray Lucas sooner, but when they did he got hurt and we had two more weeks of Mirer anyway.

6. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

agreed Lucas over Tom Tupa at least...we played Green Bay in the pre season that year and all 3 or 4 Packer quarterbacks looked great (as they kicked our ass up and down the field) INCLUDING Mirer

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Quag Mirer, ugh, don't remind me. I feel more at ease with the backup QBs we have now.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We have the same depth at the QB position as every team in the league, unfortunately for us If something happens to Favre is we don't have proven quality depth.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

I'm a combination of disgusted and amazed at the opinions of our QBs not name Favre...

Got to love a fan base that announces their 3 quarter preseason star is better than the shitty second round pick who failed to overcome drops from his usually sure handed WRs, a shitty O-line, and no running game...things any QB with the "IT" factor that Brett Ratliff has would be able to overcome.

Ratliff is not some Gift from Jah himself. Clemens is not Satans spawn in a Jets uniform. Theres an inbetween. Why any of you are so sure about this issue with little to no info at all is beyond me...and to use fuckin PREseason as the time to close the book on Clemens is hilarious.

#29 JetsLookingforDWare, Aug 28, 2008
  10. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

so not true; we have Kellen Clemens who has actually won 3 pro games he started-Matt Cassell? ZIP

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I disagree with all of you except Jetslooking... . Clemens played 10 regular season games with a lousy team and does decent, then gets off to a slow start 10 DAYS INTO TRANING CAMP and loses his chance to start to a 1st ballot hall of famer and people say he sucks, he will never be good and should be replaced by a # 3 QB who never played a regular season down!!!!!!!!!. You guys are as ridicilous as the press and must be the people calling talk radio. I just wrote down each of your names so don't jump on the Clemens bandwagon when he becomes our # 1 QB and does good ( hopefully not till next year)

#31 sec314, Aug 28, 2008
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, we already know how bad Clemens sucks in real games so what do you suggest?

13. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

+1.. I'm glad I'm not the only person not drinking the koolaid

14. Don

He played in 10 games and was the worst QB in the league by any reference you would like to use. You can't blame the bad team on that. He just sucked and that is all there is to it. Evereything that made him suck last year he is showing in the preseason this year. You can write off the preseason all you want but that is the only measure there is to whether somebody has improved or not.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

Well...I'd suggest the Jets don't listen to dumb shit like that...but I don't doubt that this'll be one of the few Jets coaching staffs that don't let the fans do their coaching for them.

Talk is cheap dude. You can sit here and say Clemens or any other young player on this team sucks all day...doesn't mean much.

16. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Lol. It seems like it's the only thing that would make sense.

17. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

What are you talking about ? A bunch of teams in the NFL don't even have starting QB's as good as Clemens or Ratliff: San Francisco, Chicago, Tennessee, Kansas City, Baltimore, Minnesota, Buffalo.

18. Don

Well dude, the proof is in the stats. They don't lie. Why do you think there was a QB competition before they brought Favre in?

19. JetsLookingforDWare

Uh huh...and when'd they start telling the full story?

20. JetsLookingforDWare

And don't QB competition bullshit me...everyone and their mother knows Clemens woulda been starting if Favre wasn't brought in.