Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. sect105

sect105 New Member

Only difference with you investment anology, is that you get a lot more use out of a Car for 5-10 years then you do out of 8 games per year for decades. Even if you were to sell off your PSL and make a profit, you were still spending money on the actual tickets every year as well.

I would love to know if there are any NFL fans that paid for a PSL, that made a significant profit off of it. I know I see them listed on ebay, and there was a guy on the Radio yesterday thatsaid that the St. Louis Rams PSL's are worthless!

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

agreed, I don't really buy the investment angle........first off football fans in general are not buying the psl with the intent of holding it strategically until it appreciates in value then selling, they're buying the psl so they can go to games (for the most part).....and I heard that guy on WFAN yesterday too saying you can't get rid of PSL's in St Louis now.

3. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

PSL's are only good for the life of the building, which is currently 30 years or less.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not quite. In 25 years when they build the next new stadium you will have to pay 100k+ for the next PSL and the one you have now will be worth nothing. Don't think for a second they will be transferable...lol.

oops..just noticed that same point was made right above.

5. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Does anyone know if anyone is making money on PSLs? How about in Philly?

This site appears to consolidate some listings, but I don't know how much these originally cost.

http://seasonticketrights.com/

I agree with the folks above, though. In general, I don't want to invest in these things. I just want to go to the f'ing games :)

6. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Interesting to note in this article a portion below from the Jets site:

Originally Posted by NEW YORK JETS
    YOUR SEAT: Awash in Sights and Sounds

Published: 06-09-08
    By Randy Lange
    Editor-in-Chief

"For those behind and around the goalposts, you'll be playing your own particular brand of zone defense. With general admission seats right down to the front row, the end zone will be a green wall of rabid fans. You've heard of the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole? Here's your opportunity to create the Green Mile, the Bermuda Triangle ... you'll come up with your own name. That is, if opposing offenses don't come up with something colorful first."

Nowhere on the new listing are GA seats in black area. Will they charge a PSL when you don't have an assigned seat? Possibly sections behind the goal posts could change in the price plan depending on the response to the PSL's? As the disclaimer says things may change and they probably will. Possibly seats remove and it is SRO? I think the Eagles have some sections like this around their stadium as well as Tampa Bay. I sort of like the idea of never having to sit next to the same people all of the time. It would be like the pit at a concert. Not a good spot for a family gathering but it may be the most rocking place in the house.

Too much to worry about too soon.

7. devils744

devils744 New Member

part of me is happy that i'm on the waitlist. this way i can just see what happens and worry about what to do if they call in a year and a half.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

interesting to see everyone soo happy about this. now while it could have been much much worse this is still a load of crap. so mezz 30 yard line 2nd row for $75, to upper deck for 125, endzone seats are always crap no matter what the stadium. and they are 95, i cant say that is good. now for the mezz ticks i had it would be 15k plus 500 a game.

i dont know you guys can be happy all you want, i dont even care to go to a game anymore but i just cant understand how tickets going up 600 percent on top of the 15k psl is a good thing.

definitely not bad by standards these days but the standards are the issue to begin with.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

alleycat is right. 25 or 30 years ago Donald Trump wanted to bring a third NFL team to the area. He was going to build a stadium and outright sell every seat in it. They didn't call his idea PSLs at the time but they would today. People screamed and moaned and said the common person could never go to a game and all of the seats would just be sold to corporations. Onviously the deal got shot down.

Fast forward to today and all of those same things are pretty much true with PSLs and a lot of people now seem happy about it. Maybe it's time for The Donald to resurrect his plan again.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't trust anything someone from the NY Post says or writes. See the part where he says " sounds like" What the hell does that mean. Is it or ins't it. I think that's the question no one can answer is will someone who sits in the upper deck since 1981 get his chance to sit in the upper deck in the same general location he sits now or will holders downstairs with seniority be able to take those his seats first?

#250 sec314, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

12. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

From Newsday:

"There will be a range of seating options, with fans being selected for individual seats based on how long they have been season-ticket holders. Those with the longest tenure will be given first choice; more recent season-ticket holders run a potential risk of being shut out, although team officials believe all fans who want season tickets will be able to purchase them in some form."

13. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

From the Times link given above:

""There is no location, location location in JetsThink. In its place will be a virtual line of about 22,000 season ticket holders, arranged by seniority.

Seat choice will be made by your place in the queue and your ability to pay.

Turn down one option and you are eligible for the next one and the next one, keeping your place in line, until you might land in the upper deck."

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The keyest question is exactly how the NYJs determine tenure since the computer system startd on 01/01/77 but naturally there are some who had season tix before that date. Some go back to the 60s & the question is do they get 1st dibs over somebody who started say in 72. The rest is quite clear once the original group has done making there choice. The next group will take there at bat & when that group finishes the next group so on & so forth until all the seats are done & those with the least tenure will get there shot if any are left

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Well, thanks I got my answer. Based on this artcile and what I have researched elsewhere, I believe we would have been better off with the Giants way. The Giant fan in the upper deck will have first dibs on their seats costing 1k per seat . The jet fan in the upper deck will not have first dibs on his seats because people with more seniority will have first pick on the upper deck seats regardless of their current location. This is a worst case scenario, but if everyone with higher seniority, regardless of location, decided to move or stay upstairs, and that number equals 27.000 seats, we would be forced to sit elsewhere

16. championjets69

Yes that is exactly the way I read it as well. It said the 1st group are the ones that had tix as of 01/01/77. The only question I have is within that group how are they going to determine tenure. As an example do the ones from 65 like me get 1st dibs over say someone who started in 66

17. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

That NYT article mentions 22,000 season ticket holders. That's kind of interesting since I guess it means most people have 3-4 seats each in the current stadium. As some or several folks noted above, I bet the exhorbitant PSL costs and high ticket prices will encourage folks to just get 2 seats.

Will definitely be interesting. There are tons of people who control 4 or more seats that they just sell each year. The person my friend buys them from has like 10 seats in his name, and he lives in Florida and hasn't gone in years. I assume he'll just say no across the board if faced with PSLs. Or perhaps he'll just grab 2 non-PSLs if he has the seniority in case he ever comes back or wants to go to playoff games.

I believe the Jets saying we'll all have a chance at getting seats, but I think that just may be technically correct. Sure, I can get in on the auction. Also, I'm 100% confident I can grab a $25k, 20k, 15k or any of the other huge PSL seats. It's the non-PSL and $4/5k seats which I think may be hard to come by.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaha.....

Very, very good. And how did you guys guess? Actually, I've purchased a new computer, so I'm busy changing things over. But never too busy to visit this board! LOL

But yeah, not far from the truth. It looks like I'm going to be looking at the "Prime Upper." There is NO WAY I will shell out that kind of money for my old 227 seats. My account begins with "01" so I guess that seniority entitles me to whine and bitch my way into some decent area in the Uppers.

It's as I imagined it would unflold all along... a complete reshuffling of the deck. People who have thought they are in a "safe" area don't realize the fact that no one is "safe."

Probably the "safest" guy on this entire board is Champ, believe it or not. With his excellent 1st row seats in the Uppers, he'll probably be getting basically the same seats he had because: (A) he's been there a very long time and (B) he's already a ticketholder there.

Everyone else, including yours truly, is SOL. All the seats go back into the deck and the deck gets reshuffled. Then they deal from there, based on seniority and current location.

With the exception of someone like Champ, anybody who thinks they're not going to get screwed is sadly mistaken.

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

We were wondering where you were. You're our point man on this issue. Good luck however it turns out.

J!E!T!S!

20. championjets69

Well thanks I appreciate that however I am sure there are people before me from 60 to 64 who would have dibs on me. I do not know how many but for sure there are a few like sect 134 who posted he is a tix holder from 64.