For the long time Die hards: What will go wrong?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Grogan

Grogan Banned

I'll take 18-1 over 40 years of nothing. :eek:hmy:

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The 18 and 1 along with the bragging about the best team ever was the single worst season in NFL modern history. It was the equivlant of the Soviet Union lossing to the American Ice Hockey Team. Coming on top of being cought cheating and having the other SB tarnished forever, I can't think of a worse thing happening to the team I root for.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll take the 40 years. To think you're god, and then some NY team with the goofy QB and the soon to be fired coach and the old whining DE and TE and WR beat you. I never want that national embarrassment. As well as being in the news for 3 months about every win being false due to cheating since 2001, and the world knows about it.

I'd rather have the 40 years of forgotten obscurity, and just enjoy the game of football. At least the Jets have the timeless legacy of the guarantee and a QB who was the first sport icon who women swooned over on a national scale, and lead a counterculture through football with one measly SB win, albeit being 22 pt underdogs, the biggest upset in playoff history (Giants were 14 pt underdogs). 50 years from now, Namath is relevant due to being more than the guy that won the big one.

Thats not just the Jet fan talking. Ask any football historian. Thats where I got most of it from, NFL Films - who don't follow football with an agenda.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That happened in a December 1992 game at Miami when Carroll was the defensive coordinator.

5. Denny

Denny Active Member

More like it's time to reverse the suck!!!!!! Well......., we're not really cursed, but man can we suck. Maybe it's Hoffa? He must have been a Giants fan.

6. I'll take 40 years of nothing over an asterik.

7. forge289

forge289 New Member

haha agreed.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i'll chime in.....

i say favre blows out an achilles at the start of the second quarter against the pats in the meadowlands.

trust me - if anything close to this happens - i'll be the first one to enroll at the local priesthood and burn all remaining condoms in my possession.

jil

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll take a cup full of your tears after the Pats stomped your arrogance into the dirt for 6 months. Watching the Pats disappoint you morons is getting more fun every year.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

You know that is the one thing I am worried about the most. It's like Murphy's Law, only you call it Jets-Law. Be in a place and time where they can actually do some great things and something like this will happen. <knocking on wood>

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its alittle more than hard being a jets fan i just got a hug from a cubs fan

12. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Damn: I like this team from what I have seen.

When Favre first signed I thought, well I am greatfull to the Jets but damn that is a bad team but I believe I was wrong.

The line has a rough spot at TE but the left tackle looks sound and hopefully the line gels. The WRs are pro-bowl caliber. The defense is good in pursuit and I have hopes for Ghoulston, pass coverage needs work though and please find a running back. Is Morton Anderson available?

I am thinking 10 maybe 11 wins this year and that is the same as 12 or 13 in the NFC.

13. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Not nearly as funny as it is for Pats fans to watch Jet fans go nuts every off-season with how great they think there going to be only to watch reality set in once the seaon starts. Trust me, it never gets old. :rofl:

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he does he will play with it anyway. He has played with just about every other injury you can have already. You might have to shoot him to keep him out of a game.

#74 Don, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  15. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

don't worry Jets fans when we DO win the Championship this year one thing is for sure-we won't have to read dickheads like Grogan's posts anymore....Steve Grogan...oh yea anybody happen to KNOW what the score of HIS big SB appearance was?

16. Grogan

Grogan Banned

At least he got his team to the Super Bowl, and the funny thing is there will actually be Jet fans I will feel sorry for once the season starts. When they realize that the once again the off-season dreams are just that, Dreams.

17. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Rich Kotite is hired back in an advisory position to Woody Johnson

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if you were so confident about the Jets failures, I don't think you'd be here.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, really man, this is a Jets board, you expect us to be optimistic about the Rams or something?

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets probably won't make the SB but if I were you I would be a lot more worried about my own team. Your defense is in shambles. Your offense is still good but nothing like it was last year. Welker won't be surprising anybody and Moss will get a lot more double and triple teaming without Stallworth on the other side. Aside from that everybody saw the SB and will be doing just what the Giants did to slow them down.

Your offense was already slowing down by the end of last year when you beat us 20-10 in a game where you were predicted to score 100 points. If we had a QB like Favre then we would have won the game outright and that would have been your biggest embarrassment of the year instead of the SB.

#80 Don, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008