For the long time Die hards: What will go wrong?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

7 to 9 wins is where I was in 2005 and until late in camp last year. That was way optimistic compared to how the Jets actually played in those seasons.

The positive factor is that 2008 is an even year and the Jets have snapped back in even years recently. Maybe 10 wins with a little luck. Optimism again.

2. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Take a look at my name. After 40 years, since Joe Willie trotted off the field with a Super Bowl victory, I could write a book about what could go wrong.

Although not likely, the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen would be to go 18-1 like our "friends" from Foxboro.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

An addendum to my history of the Jets Favre curse:

Kotite was actually a direct response to Pete Carroll doing a choke sign when an opponents kicker failed to make a FG in 1994. That brought on the Kotite karma bitch slap.

Carroll goes in to relative obscurity for a few years and the Jets get 2 years in the double curse penalty box. Paul Hackett, meanwhile, is running the storied USC Trojans program into the ground. It must of looked good on his resume, as he got called up to the bigs by none other than Terry Bradway and Herman Edwards. Go Jets! Carroll replaces Hackett at USC and creates a college football dynasty. Hackett turns the Jets into the most offensively boring offensive team in football.

And the beat goes on...

4. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

Wow I just sign up for the boards and I'm already seeing a thread like this. Comon people I know being a Jets fan is hard, but do we really need to start being so pessimistic already? This is insane. Let's find some hope, we just signed a great QB and the team looks ready to play. I for one am going to be optimistic and say I think this year is going to be great for us because I see no reason to worry about what will go wrong, I'm gonna be thinking about what's going to be going right and how amazing a feeling it will be.

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You mean like some of us have been doing for close to 40 years and been disappointed each time. :wink: It's just a fun thread. I think most Jet fans are optimistic about the coming season.

6. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Well speaking for all the rest of the fans . We are just tickled to death to have you on board

7. Let's just hope any flea flickers to Fred Baxter have been removed from the playbook.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

At least we won't see anymore endzone fade passes thrown by Lamont "I can't get no job" Jordan.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

My biggest concern is that Favre fails to guarantee victory the week before the SB. Breaking The Jets tradition of the QB guaranteeing victory is likely to bite us in the ass.

#29 winstonbiggs, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  10. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This thread is thumbing its nose at the gods! The Jets are a team in helter skelter right now. We have added the key pieces that were missing the last two years. The depth of each position is our current dilemma and will work its self out as the season continues. The Jets have always been the scrappy team that guts out a hard fought win and seems to throw away the give me wins a least once or twice a year. WE Will never be a dominant team in the image of the Patriots. Rather we will one day win it all as a Cinderella type team. There isn't much that will go wrong this year. The only thing that I see as potential trouble is if the O-line cant keep Brett upright and if Brett decides to ad-lib every other play due to a lack of understanding in the offense. Other then these two things I see a bright future for the Jets.

11. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I DO NOT think we will even SNIFF a SB but I can see PLAYOFFS.

If Brett stays healthy, and if from early observations of our D we can be the strong defensive team I think we will.

This team is going to surprise A LOT of people.:up:

12. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We'll trade for Bret Favre.

13. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Favre will break his leg in 15 different places on the first snap of the regular season. Pennington goes on to lead the Phins to the playoffs and then to the SB next year.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The only thing I will say is fans expectations are way to high right now. Too many intangibles to ensure playoff season. We will see how things develop, but with so many new players playing new positions, it will take time. 8-8 is a real possibility. I am thinking it will be closer to 10-6.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Worst case scenario? Favre has a bad year/is injured and the Jets go 7-9 while Chad leads Miami into the postseason.

Best Case? Super Bowl.

Realistic case? Somewhere in between. Going 11-5 and losing in the AFC Championship game.

16. Denny

Denny Active Member

Yes, a darksider thread incognito. Muwahhahaha. I've been watching the pre-season games and I already have like 20 different scenarios selfishly ready in my head for the probable inevitable. With my heart guarded I am prepared. And if you know anything, you better be prepared as well. I'm not telling though, it's like talking about a pitcher throwing a perfect game in baseball before it happens. Throwing out a man and his goat from the stadium. Being the poster boy for Madden '09. :eek:hmy:

I will tell you that I will knock on wood if past Jets meltdowns slip through my lips, cross my fingers, wear my hat backwards and whatever else comes to mind. And if the Jets win it all I will not acknowledge it for at least 24 hours. j/k maybe 15 minutes but whatever it takes man. The season hasn't even started and the gremlins are already running around on us. No matter what happens I hope Brett doesn't get booed because that would be very sad and I would be ashamed to be a Jets fan. I've had my heart broken a thousand times so it won't bother me but if the faithful slander a legend wearing our colors that would be harsh.

#36 Denny, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  17. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Kurt, you know I love you, brother, but I have to ask you:

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!?!?!?!

Karma is a bitch, bro. Nothing bad will happen.

Repeat after me: nothing bad will happen.

18. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

What will go wrong? Nothing-we're going to AND WINNING The Super Bowl this season....

19. Grogan

Grogan Banned

The biggest thing that will go wrong for Jets fans this season is what starts with posts like yours. You see the reality is that 8-8 9-7 is very good for the jets this year, but when you start with pure fantasy like your post, the only place to go is disapointment.

20. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

The AFC Championship game?! Would mean we would have to get passed the Chargers / Pats / Colts / Steelers