Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And that is probably the biggest misnomer they made with this. Even if they charged a nominal fee for those upper level seats, say $100, that would have made the waiting list a thing of the past as you could always sell your $100 PSL for whatever you could get for it.

This way the Jets have pretty much screwed everybody and I don't think people see it yet. Instead of being able to sell it you just give it up and the wait list stays intact.

2. The Screed

The Screed Member

From your lips to Gods ears

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

All of the PSL seats will be sold before they move on to dealing with the upper section. There will be plenty of people on the waiting list willing to cough up the cash.

4. Don

And two or three years from now those seats up top will also have a PSL. People don't see that coming yet. It will.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

It still creates a bit of a caste system though. The best seats in the house will go to the people with the biggest wallet, rather than long time die hard fans. You can improve your seats over time in the uppers, but $$$ will be the only way to improve your seats in the lower section.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

My cousin just sent me an email saying they can move back to the upper deck and keep seats :jets:

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Dont be so sure. I've never heard of PSL's being created after a new stadium is open and people already have their seats. Has that ever happened before? How would they be able to justify it? They would up the ticket price rather than deal with that kind of PR nightmare.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

that was awesome.

9. Don

The thing is there is no PSL for those seats now but there is for all the others. There are also PSLs for those same seats if your a Giants ticket holder so it is perfrctly reasonable for them to add a PSL cost to them a few years down the road after they have sold all of the others. I can almost guaranty it will happen. Why wouldn't it?

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

C'mon Fen. If you've been paying attention Don has been so miserable over this PSL thing.
    Now that they've finally announced none for the uppers, he needs something else to wallow in so his "Future PSL" is it. :lol:

11. Dan

Dan Member

So alot of 300's will be displaced by long time ticket holders looking to move to non PSL areas?

12. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

Damn straight, Dan.

13. Don

Wow. This is the first I ever had a single word to say about it. I don't even have season tickets nor do I want them. I am perfectly happy in getting tickets off of StubHub when I want to go to a game. I just get a kick out of looking at this from a financial viewpoint and try to figure out what Woody is doing here.

14. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Nah I don't see it happening either, unless they find themselves in severely dire financial straits. I can see them offering an OPTIONAL license, which grants transfer rights to the holder, somewhere down the road, but if they were ever going to make it mandatory why not just do it now? What would be the point of waiting a couple years and then instituting it? Any good will earned would be flushed, and then some.

In a way I get a sense that they prefer the flexibility of those seats being unlicensed and non-transferable in that there will be a greater deal of turnover moving forward - not just a bunch of 80 year old diehards and their families (a la Giants) who harken back to the old days, hardcore tailgate, and never buy anything in the stadium or eat at these new fancy restaurants or whatever.

#154 asbcheeks, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

hmmmh. sounds like a business opportunity to me..... oh wait, the phone's ringing, its trump

16. devils744

devils744 New Member

i'm in the low 8,000s on the list but can't afford psls so my wait will be a lot longer then i thought. glad there are no psls in the upper level though.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Really? I thought I saw you in a sec3XX thread...
    Damn, maybe I wasn't paying attention. I apologize if i'm wrong. But people have been so miserable about PSL's that the announcement of none for the upper would make them look for something and what you posted is right in line with the miserable ones...

again, if it wasn't you .. my bad. :up:

18. Don

I think the reason they are not doing it now is that with the way it is setup now they are making just as much if not more than the Giants are off of PSL's (probably more, I am waitibng for somebody to calculate it) and still look like they are giving some people a break. In a few years they can come back and charge probably 2k a seat for those upperdeckers (inflation you know) once the wait list has built up again and be assured of getting every penney of it.

It's brilliant.

19. Don

No, all I said was he was bitter because Favre would make his PSLs more expensive. I was kidding him.

20. Dan

Dan Member

So I guess the Jets will continue to maintain a waiting list for the upper deck seats since they will not be "owned" by the seat holder.