Gholston VS Giants play by play. Not as good as FakterX's from last week.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Dude your not even an American. So your opinion means squat. Get a real national anthem. Pay for your own healthcare.

Getting back to the post.
    -- Gholston Still Struggling --
    Mon Aug 25, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com
    The Star Ledger reports New York Jets first-round draft pick OLB Vernon Gholston continues to be a work in progress. He's much more effective rushing the passer and should contribute there right away. On the down side, he blew containment on a 19-yard run by Giants RB Brandon Jacobs and, as is the case with most pass rushers, was victimized on a 17-yard draw by RB Derrick Ward. Gholston, who was credited with three tackles and had at least two quarterback pressures, got extended work with the first team. "The more snaps I can get out there going against the top guys, the better I'll be," said Gholston, who had 14 sacks his senior year at Ohio State

#121 Raiderjoe, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

1000% correct.

The other thread with Gholston in the article about learning from Pace and Harris is key. Knowledge is dangerous and those two are more than capable teaching the kid the nuances.

Once he stops thinking and starts executing - he'll justify the pick.

I can only imagine what Harris is going to do with Jenkins in front of him taking on the other blockers. Can't wait for Miami.

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

YES First off Raiders match up very well to the Patriots offense. Patriots for the most part are a passing offense. Raiders strength is pass defense.(ask Matt Leinart)
    NOw MCfadden going to be a nightmare for The Patriots as a reciever coming out of backfield. (Raiders just have not been showing this aspect of his game.

4. GreenMachine

Sinking to a new level of stupidity.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

The player that will need to fill Cooper's role on special teams is Tyvon Branch.

The rookie looked good as a gunner on punt coverage last week against Arizona.

Kiffin even cracked a slight smile when talking about Branch:

"Every time Tyvon has a chance to do something on special teams he's looked great. He just looks faster than everybody else out there. That's a credit to him. That's not just speed, it's the way he plays and how hard he plays. The play the other night was as good as it gets. That's the second time he's had a gunner rep. He's had a rep that's looked like a Pro Bowl gunner, a guy who looks like a legitimate special teams Pro Bowler. If he can carry that over, he can be a dynamic special teams player for us."

Branch realizes that will be his role on special teams until the cast is off his hand and he can return kickoffs in addition to his other special teams duties.

"Coop is a great guy," Branch said. "He's helped me out a lot since I've been here. All I can try to do is fill his shoes."

Branch already has the right mentality to be a standout on special teams.

"I give 100 percent effort on everything I think it just pays off," he said. "Especially at gunner you've got to be relentless."

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so...you're not only the dumbest retard at the telethon...you're the most ignorant as well. You just keep exceeding expectations, Jeaux.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I sure hope so. I can only imagine the havoc he would wreak in here if the Raiders ever climbed out of the cellar.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Thankfully we won't have to worry about that for awhile..

9. Attackett

Sounds good, Raiders got a special teams player in the 4th round, Jets got a starting CB.

10. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

that is sinking to his level, Lowery if he starts is starting because after revis the jets Cbs are awful, Branch has no shot to start because the raiders have one of if not the best corner combo in the league

11. Attackett

ok good then you be the one that tries to be logical when dealing with Raiderjoke, I'll stick to my sarcastic nonsense, thank you.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ok, BACK TO GHOLSTON:

I think you let him play 25-30 snaps against the eagles. He's going to be 3rd on the depth chart. So why not let him get the last live rounds he'll see until he's put in for specific packages in the season. Let him go out and learn as much in game 4, that way his progression will be that much more.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Good point and I agree, get him some more work.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He is a Jets fan, so his opinion does matter. It's the Raiders that don't matter.

15. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Not for nothing but I hear all this crap about "learning" and developing to play at a new spot, which is understandable to a degree, but what many blind eyed Jet fans aren't willing to look at is his lack of pass rush. I've seen every game on NFL network, and nothing I've seen shows the explosive Pass rusher he was sold as during the draft, no burst, no power. All the other concerns can be tossed out the window, it's too soon, but pass rushing isn't rocket science, for the most part it's pure physical ability to beat the man in front of you to thhe QB, there's nothing to learn. This is a concern, at least in terms of what the Jets and every other team that would have drafted him probably thought he could do as a rookie.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

EDIT: Why bother....

All the reports and simple logic in the world won't do shit for the masses.

I root for Mankind's end.

Go tell a D-Line coach that pass rushing is easy. Bryan Cox would Cox slap you

#136 NDmick, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He's learning a new defense, a new position while trying to become a pro. I'm not all that much concerned yet.

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

you should be an NFL scout with that AMAZING analysis.

19. Grogan

Grogan Banned

There's nothing to learn about pass rushing, which was my point. The rest of it, sure no need to be concerned, but for a guy that was packaged and sold as the most explosive pass rusher in the draft, I'd say there should be some concern. He has shown nothing as a pass rusher, and like it or not, that's the one you should be concerned with.

#139 Grogan, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  20. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Im sorry the facts seem to upset you so much.