Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

He's busy changing his name to 327. :)

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

I think you are reading it wrong; it will all be based on seniority. If a person in a now PSL seat wants to move upstairs he will be placed in that pool. When it is time to pick the non-PSL seats, everyone in that pool will choose based on their seniority. A person in the lowers for the last 2 years will not be able to take the seat of someone who has been in the uppers for 20 years. That's my take at least from all that I read so far...

3. baamf

baamf Active Member

:rofl::smile: that was good...

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

They are all transfers in your immediate family so yeah you should get seniority based on when your grandfather was a ticket holder.

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

i really don't think it's that hard to understand...the only ones who are screwed are either relatively new season tix holders like myself who currently reside int the upper deck.....the only others that might be screwed are those who sit in the Mezz or lower tier who don't want to go upper no matter the cost benefit

the more senior ticket holders will get first choice......simple...we just gotta hope there's something affordable left when it's our turn to pick

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Did everyone get the E-mail? Or just Season tix holders?

For half a century, the Jets have enjoyed a heroic and deeply devoted fan base. Through thick and thin, you have stuck with us as we have migrated around the metropolitan area from one field to another, to another. Of course you are hungry for - and deserve - another championship. But you also deserve a home that you can call your own. Our goal with the New Jets Stadium is to create the best home field in football and provide a range of seating options so that Jets fans can enjoy the biggest upgrade in NFL history. In 2010 that goal will be realized, when all Jets fans can say, finally, we're the home team.

While a PSL program is necessary to help finance this new building, we listened to our fans in designing the plan. We recognize that PSL ownership is not for everyone. That is why we decided to have no PSLs in the entire Upper Bowl - 27,000 seats including those on the 50-yard line. It is important to us that every season ticket holder who wants to buy a seat in the new building may do so. Seat selection priority will be based on how long a fan has been a season ticket holder. There are three options we are offering: No PSLs in the Upper Bowl, PSL ownership in the Lower Bowl and Mezzanine end zones and Club Member PSLs that include membership in one of four different clubs.

Membership in the Coaches Club, located between the 40-yard lines behind the Jets bench, will be sold in an auction open to anyone, giving every Jets fan the opportunity to bid on the 2,000 best seats in the house. Those who become members of the Coaches Club will have unique amenities and unprecedented access including on-field behind the Jets bench, complimentary premium parking, the ability to watch the post-game press conference live from inside the club area and other amenities. A seat in the Coaches Club is the closest thing to having a spot on the roster.

Those fans who choose to become PSL owners will enjoy benefits far beyond their wider, more comfortable premium seats. PSL ownership includes the right to buy VIP reserved parking closer to the stadium, access to tickets to other events and concerts in the building (subject to availability), and the ability to finance their PSL over a five-year period.

Every current season ticket holder who wants to purchase seats in the new building will have the opportunity to do so. Details about our entire seating and pricing plan, including a timeline and process for the auction, will be available at www.newjetsstadium.com.

Thank you for your support of the New York Jets. We hope you will join us on opening day 2010, when, finally, we'll truly be the home team.

Let's Go Jets!

Yours,

Robert Wood Johnson IV

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I just got this email as well (I am on the waiting list).

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No. They put me down - unbeknownst to me at the time - as a 'new owner' based on when my father transferred ownership to me in 1994. I only found that out because I pressed the issue with the FO during the WSS thing. I said, "Oh, no you didn't." So they gave me 'seniority' back to 1979, which they assured is as far back as anyone's goes. And I made them give it to me in writing. Who knows if they changed their BS story since then, but it's certainly about time I asked, seeing as I've been meaning to re-address this with them since this whole thing started.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

>..... on opening day 2010, when, finally, we'll truly be the home team.

The Jets acknowledging that they haven't had a home game since they left Shea Stadium. Now they're sharing a new stadium with another team, and that other team will have 10 buildings and three fields with their logo on it right next to "our" stadium.

#70 Gator, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  11. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

So I guess I should make a call out to them to make sure my seniority is in tact. My account # did change. But we have all the old paperwork dating back to the 60's.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Thats what i'm worried about. I have had my season tickets for only 6 years. However the person who had those seats before me just sell them to me now so technically I have had the seats longer. So hopefully I will be able to keep my 2 seats in the upper deck.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I just got the email too (also on the waiting list)

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well, the do offer the right to buy VIP parking.

15. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

"Can I transfer my PSL?

PSL can be transferred, subject to the Jets Transfer Policy, once a year after March 1, 2011. Once you transfer a PSL you will no longer have any rights as it relates to that seat(s). Those seats without PSLs associated with them ? the entire upper bowl ? are non-transferable.

There will be a 3-month grace period between November 1, 2008 and
    January 31, 2009 in which current season ticket holders will be permitted to consolidate or transfer accounts at the existing stadium to immediate
    family only."

This concerns me. Will we not be able to pass upper bowl seats down within our immediate family in the future? Also problematic for me is that my dad and his friend share 2 our seats, and each has his own account number. The time will come fairly soon, I'm guessing, that my dad's friend will need to cash out (he's in his 50s) - at which time I was hoping to benefit and grab his ticket. Looks like that may not be possible if we opt for the upper bowl seats.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You know we got yo back. the Entire tgg will go down there with no name Q-Tips in hand to show our support...

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Hahaha :up:

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

One of my closest friends actually worked on the site promoting the stadium: www.NewJetsStadium.com

He actually got to meet Woody a couple weeks ago. He also hung out on the field while the players were warming up then watched the game from right behind the Jets' bench.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

On the Waitlist too. Wonder how long we'll have to wait to find out whether we can buy tix.

20. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

All I can say about PSL's is BEND OVER and take it like a MAN. I'm just hoping that some of the vendors we use will once again kiss my a$$ hard and fork over a couple of Jets tickets for the upcoming season.....:)