Who's goin to the opener in Miami?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mickens24, Aug 14, 2008.

1. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

You might want to bring that dog down to Liberty City. Not the best part of town.

2. bocajetfan

bocajetfan New Member

Ive been to opening day in Miami once..it was like 100ยบ in the stadium..no thanks Ill watch in HD on my big screen.

3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I'll be there as well. I haven't gotten my tickets, I'll probably get them today.

I just looked and they had lower endzones and corners on ticketmaster. They also had good seats in the upper level.

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

So, who knows a good meeting spot for the TGG tailgate?

Also...do we NEED parking passes?

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I'm there also! Upper level, 40 yards line, row 13.

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Pretty much what I was thinking until my best friend bought me a ticket for my birthday. What can you say after that?

7. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

No.........

8. tzaf1975

tzaf1975 New Member

i cant come to miami but i already got my chargers tickets for week 3 , SEP 22 here i come!!

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I an staying with a friend in Boca so no need for a hotel.

I was joking about Liberty City, I used to work there about 17 years ago.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Going fishing on the drift boat out of Boca Saturday night if anyone is interested.

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Just got my tickets in section 406.

They have great seats still available. I looked this morning and you could get lower endzones or upper level 40 yard line (row 8) for $100. I opted for the $56 dollar tickets because I still need to get tickets to a few other games.

12. Motcrue4

Motcrue4 New Member

Aint gonna happen!

13. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

I go to the University of Florida and im missing our game against the canes that weekend to come home for this game. But I actually live in Boca, and I go to the Miami game every year. You dont need a parking pass but try to get there early because parking can get a little crazy, especially this year. And there are always plenty of jets fans all over the parking lots tailgating so you wont be alone.

Ill be sitting in section 112 row 23 waiting for that first B Favre TD!

14. Paddock

Paddock Member

Just bought my flight and tickets today. Section 111 row 3 - I'm pumped. I'm looking at some hotels in south beach right now, anyone have any advice on where to stay? Any good restaurants or bars worth recommending?

15. Merkava

Merkava New Member

I look forward to seeing all of you in your Green and White glory. I'll be in section 130 row 12. I'll be wearing my new Revis jersey.

16. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

im moving back home to paradise within the next 2 weeks so hopefully i can make it.

17. billybob

billybob New Member

Section 413!

18. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Cool, I hope everyone has a nice stay / time at the game.....

Outside of South Beach, Miami is a garbage dump. If any of you have a chance, I highly recommend coming up to Ft. Lauderdale for the day and having lunch somewhere along the beach / strip. If you're more of a night owl, the downtown area in Ft. Lauderdale is where all of the late night bars are located. Personally, if I was a Jets fan visiting / coming to the game down here, I would just stay in Ft. Lauderdale. It's only about 15-20 minutes from the stadium, and it's much nicer / safer. Have a great stay....

In regards to the stadium, if you plan on parking inside the main lot, you may need to purchace a parking pass. I could be wrong, and you may be able to buy one right there at the main gate, but I can't promise anything. There are usually scalpers out on University Dr. selling those passes along with game tickets....

Tailgating is everywhere inside the main lot, and the opposing fan buses park over on the west side of the main parking lot. There will be tons of Jets fans over there, so depending on where you come in / park, you should probably try and make it over that way if you have some time prior to kickoff. The opposing players buses also come in over on the west side, and if you get over there before 11:00, you can see them all entering the stadium. It gives the fans an opportunity to give them a good lashing as they walk inside...

The 400's is the place to be, and I've been in 406 for the last 13 years. That's on the opposing side of the stadium as well, which makes it more interesting during the game in my opinion. I hope I helped some of you, and if you have any other questions, just PM me.

Good luck, stinkn' Jets!!....

19. Vin

Vin Banned

Hopefully it's the middle finger to the dolphin fans... :finssuck:

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Have they changed policy because in the 10 years I lived in Florida & went to the game I never had to buy a parking pass?