Law again? I hope not.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Aug 24, 2008.

1. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Canada Green: Safety? Since when do you want a slow safety? I look for a head hunter with lightening in his legs and if he's a little crazy ala Ronnie Lott all the better. I want a safety who makes WRs think twice about the middle. It is gonna be fun this year.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

That's funny. All of the articles I read about Law after his departure made note of the fact that he was a distraction to the younger players, including Miller, and that he expected and received preferential treatment because of his perceived "status."

Plus, he refers to himself in the 3rd person. When's the last time you met someone who referred to his/herself in the 3rd person and you discovered that the person was NOT a total douchebag?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm glad at least one other person here remembers his first stint as I do. I swear there must be some truth to those green glasses.

4. Phyr

Phyr Member

[​IMG]

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Law? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

In all fairness, that was under the Herm administration. Every player who had five seasons under his belt got private blowjobs in the coach's office.

7. Formerpackfan

Formerpackfan New Member

Carroll in Green Bay would constantly put the opposing team in the red zone. He is a P.I. magnet. If the Jets want to destroy their season putting him on the field is the way to do it.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Here's hoping that the Carroll we've got here is not the same Carroll that was walking PI machine.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I just want Carroll to return kicks. I've never seen someone run so angry at opposing Special Teams like that.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Easy there. I'm willing to accept that he could have improved his game since he was cut. Dubious, but willing to accept. So yeah I would definitely need proof (i.e. some stats, summary of what he's done since then & where). Until then though I'm with you, and I'm gonna just assume that the posters talking up Carroll are just saying that because they don't like Law, not because they really have any knowledge of Carroll. They probably have no idea that what they are proposing would probably make the Jets a lot worse.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

very true, Law is probably a douchebag. But him and Revis have some kind of a special Rapport i remember something from draft day that they are good buddies, and Law was sending revis tips via texts and what not. So wouldnt it be easier to help the kid if he was there in person? and No I dont think Law could honestly fuck up Revis or Lowery like he did miller. I dont think Law would do anything to put Revis in a bad situation. It also wouldnt surprise me if Lowery never saw a party after college. The kid seems so down to earth and it appears he has locked himself in the film room so Law wouldnt be able to drag him into trouble if he wanted too...

But im all for Ty Law starting FS on the Jets in 2008...

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeap, this article is nothing but Law and his agent trying to keep him relevant when no one wants his slow, declining, self-absorbed ass wrecking the classroom concentration of the team's younger corners like he did with Justin Miller.

Riiight, and Law followed Herm to KC because he wanted things easy. Now he's begging for attention because he wants one last paycheck even though the only teams interested previously dismissed him because he is not worth the money unless they are desperate. Hell, the Pats are running with a defensive secondary skeleton crew, signed the oft-injured John Lynch, and have not signed Law. That should tell you something.

13. Denny

Denny Active Member

The Jets should only be fooling around with this to drive up the price on the PATS. But Law makes it sound like all three teams are a lock and he gets to pick. He's so full of himself.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think I know where he'll be playing - Toronto Argonauts.

15. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Ouch: I am sorry to see Carroll on the team; really glad to see him gone in GB. We had a couple of fine corners in Woodson & Harris.

16. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

How would we fit his ego under our cap? No Law, No Law, No Law!

17. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

This year may be the beginning of the end for them ... QBs age better than CBs, I fear.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Harris did not have a good season in 2007.
    Woodson was very good in 2007.
    They've both seen their best days.
    Green Bay drafted Patrick Lee in the 2nd round this April. Tramon Williams played okay at some points last year.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I made quite a few posts about CBs lately. Might as well put this out there, too.

Here are the cornerbacks who won AFC or NFC defensive player of the week awards in 2007-

AFC
    Jabari Greer, Bills, Week 4
    Ike Taylor, Steelers, Week 5
    Antonio Cromartie, Chargers, Week 10
    Asante Samuel, Patriots, Week 12

NFC
    Anthony Henry, Cowboys, Week 3
    Rod Hood, Cardinals, Week 5
    Charles Woodson, Packers, Week 6
    Antrel Rolle, Cardinals, Week 11
    Marcus Trufant, Seahawks, Week 14
    Lito Sheppard, Eagles, Week 15
    Antrel Rolle, Cardinals, Week 17

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Cakes I guess i'm not really seeing where you are going here with the CB players of the week....