Gholston VS Giants play by play. Not as good as FakterX's from last week.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

deliver the preemptive strike so we wont have to hear his BS next offseason.

2. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Has anyone seen Chris Long play yet? His stats look pretty shitty. At least Gholston has been racking up the tackles. Gholston will be alright.

3. GreenMachine

Funny you mention him.

"What you are seeing right now is a guy who is getting comfortable in a system, and once he does get comfortable, he is going to make great strides," Linehan said. "Most of the rookies at this point are going through those kind of growing pains, so to speak, and Chris is no different. We certainly have a lot of expectations for him, but we also are patient knowing a lot of it is baby steps right now."

Sound familiar?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Whats really funny is that a 4-3 team took a 3-4 OLB and a 3-4 took a 4-3 DE. If we swap players straight up, I think both kids will have amazing careers.

With that said, it will take both blue chippers a full year to maybe 3 years before these two are even fully evaluated. Even though fans like myself are already documenting Gholston's moves on every play.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Comeon Calvin Pace and B thomas are not good enough to start for anyone(at least a team who thinks they could be a playoff team) There is a reason Jets drafted Gholston at number 6.

Sure I will give you the transition from De to LB should take some time. Even though we heard from Jet fans how he played a similiar position(eagle position I believe) at Ohio St.

Where is this pass rushing machine we heard the Jets were getting. Offenses aren't double teaming him and Yet this guy can't even sniff a QB. How much of a learning curve should there be for him to rush the passer.(IF he coulkd do that one thing well than you wait till he mastered the other nuances of the lb position.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yes the Jets were so sure of how bad Calvin Pace was that they outbid Miami for him and gave him almost 42 million in the process.

And Pace has proved how terrible he is so far this preseason with his awful 2 sacks against the Giants and overall consistent play.

I wish we had kept Hobson. :rolleyes:

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You don't watch other teams' games.

Don't start doing it because I called you out on it. Let it be.

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Originally Posted by Raiderjoe
    Again Gholston coming to the raiders and I like his chances of being very sucessful. Reason being Raiders dlinecoach Keith Milliard, has done one of the best jobs developing speed rushers. Also Dosen't hurt to have one of the best Pass rushers Derrick Burgess , to lean on.

Also With Raiders secondary and their Coverage LBs, Gholston should be a very nice fit.
    Mcfadden isn't helping you beat the patriots. A great pass rush was able to slow down that Patriots offense. Sorry pace and b Thomas is not even an average passrush.

The stories haven't changed just the circumstances. At the time Raiders were in need of a pass rusher opposite D Burgess. That was before they signed Kablimba Edwards(Gholston Clone) in FA, signed Greg Spires anD drafted a converted TE Trevor scott who
    seems to be coming along faster than gholston. So at the time of course gholston was my choice. after those moves it was obvious there was a more need for a playmaker like Mcfadden. When Mcfadden easily wins ROY it will be clear raiders made the right choice.

MY position ON Calvin pace anD B thomas are not even average pass rushers hasn't changed.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

First OFf a 1- 15 team and a 4 -12 team was bidding for calvin pace services. They should know about quality freeagents.
    Wow C pace performance against the Giants has justified his signing. Okay. The fact is Jets came out with sophiscated rush package and the Giants who weren't taking the game as serious(Superbowl champs) They weren't ready for it. SO Lets see Jet who had one worst pass rushes had eight sacks on superbowl champs. What does that tell you . I wouldn't count on that once the regular season starts.

#89 Raiderjoe, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I remember when the Texans took Mario Williams, with the first pick, instead of Reggie Bush. Williams struggled his first season, and the Texans were 2nd guessed all year long.
    Gholston missed a lot of crucial time at the beginning of camp. Like Williams, with time to mature and some "on the job" training, i think he will be a good player for us.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Thats the biggest "you got me" cop out I ever read.

12. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I agree with the sentiment that was eloquently and simply stated above by SigmaXJet, as well as by NDmick and Hemi. It would strike one as rather hypocritical to suggest that Gholston is a bust based on his performance in part-time duty in 3 preseason games, but to state that JaMarcus Russell will be an elite NFL QB without a doubt, in spite of a 62 QB rating. Could you please address this point, Raiderjoe? How is it that we can ignore Russell's performance and proclaim him an elite NFL QB, while bashing Gholston's performance and proclaiming him a bust? It just doesn't make sense.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

McFadden wins ROY? He's gay? And why does ROY not use lower case after the "R"?

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

First off were talking about diffrent positions. You were able to put up big sacks numbers in college, how much of transition should it be to be just situational pass rusher. (alot easier than playing QB)See John abraham- were not talking rocket science here.

Now Qb is one of the toughest positions. Yes if this was the regular season those stats would be a little disturbing. Kiffin has been putting Jamarcusa Russell in some tough situations(by design) See his decison making.(Kiffin can't say enough about this kid) Everyone Knows Raiders aren't good enough right now to pass on obvious passing downs. YET Kiffin made it known they were going to pass heavily this last game. Jamarcus Russell was under heavy pressure this past week. The Guy has shown great mobility, hasn't try to force the ball into double coverage, Poise, confidence, leadership, the best arm in football(he looks like the black John elway) and a desire to become the best QB.( willing to learn his craft)

There is no doubt Raiders nailed it with Jamarcus Russell and D Mcfadden. Those two if they stay healthjy are going to give the Raiders one of the most explosive offense for the next decade.

BTw Hiring Art shell was well worth it to get jamarcus Russell. Man that AL Davis is a genius

#94 Raiderjoe, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

yea cause Jamarcus Russell is the next Peyton Manning right? :rofl:

16. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Then
    Now
    You said it, but now magically MacFadden is the best back in the league and will singlehandely run roughshod all over the league. My question to you, will MacFadden help you beat the patriots?

17. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

MCfadden probably knocked up your Mom. You might be his son So How does that make him gay? Mcfadden will Be rookie of ther Yerar in the NFl. happy.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Laugh but he might someday be better than Peyton manning. Kid has more ability than any Qb that has played this game. Tom Brady Perfsonal Qb guru said he never saw a QB with Jamarcus Russell ability.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Another mom joke. Fuckin one trick pony.

I think you should go upstairs and get some sun.

20. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

New Poll: Which percentage is higher

a)Jeaux spelling/punctuation correctness percentage
    b)Jamarcus Russell's passing percentage