NYJ + NYG Protest PSL's at 8/23 Preseason Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VeniVidiViridis, Aug 20, 2008.

1. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

They can't do what?
    You don't think two large corporations with a few hundred well paid execs couldn't figure out a way to say.....

Uhhhh.... your fans take the first concert... than our fans take the second.. and we rotate every turn.

Some people may not like it.. but it's better than not having it at all.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Oh I think you missed this thread posted yesterday concerning the NYJ PSLs

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=34927

3. championjets69

Well in a stretch it could be done assuming he is playing for more then 1 nite. I day would be NYG season tix holders & the nnext NYJ season tix holders. If he is playing one nite then naturally all bets are off

4. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

Saw that thread..... didn't see anything that hasn't been said or posted before.

What did I miss?

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

$85 to sit in the endzone. $95 to sit on the sidleline upstairs. You know that price will raise fast.

6. championjets69

That the letter was going out this week nothing else

7. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

A couple quick points.

First, I bet that the PSL rally, while a great idea and something I fully support, won't fundamentally change things. The Giants announced their prices already, and I assume the Jets are going to just mirror those as noted above. However, I hope and almost expect some token concessions thrown back our way. Like a few year freeze in ticket prices or making them tax deductible or something. This would be consistent with the wait list fees which were widely protested when announced. The Jets then said you could apply your money towards your eventual ticket purchase.

Second, I also fear the situation noted above. I'm a current upper decker, and I bet those seats are about to become the most desirable ones for 95% of we normal folks. I think these seats with their $1000 PSLs are going to be the ones everyone but the wealthy (or corporations) want, and I'm assuming a ton of lower and middle deckers are going to try to move up which may push true schmucks like me with no seniority all the way out.

But whatever, I'm going to just try not to think about it and enjoy this season and next while keeping a very close eye on 60 inch HDTVs for 2010 :)

8. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Anyone Notice all the good parking by the stadium is for club members or suite holders. It also looks like about 1/2 of the parking.

There is map on the giants site
    http://www.nyg2010.com/

9. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I think I'll be trying mass transit if I get seats. It sounds like tailgating may be way different in the new stadium anyway (I've heard things like shared/rental grills and other odd stuff like that). So I think if I go I'll just get up really early, horrify my neighbors by cooking and drinking in the backyard at 8am on a Sunday while the rest of the neighborhood leaves for church, then train it to the game.

On a tangentially related note, that web site is yet another way the Giants are screwing their fans. That site is up there with some of the worst examples of overuse of Flash I've seen in while. Maybe they're hoping a large number of users won't have the right plugins or whatever and will never know about new seating and parking policies :)

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah, when you come down the road with the stadium on your left, you are forced to turn right into a lot. Meanwhile, all the lots that you would have to make a left to get into are practically empty. You have to be a F.O.W. (friend of Woody) to turn left.

11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

On a note related to a subtopic mentioned in this thread (I think I'm just 1 post away from being able to finally start my own threads....woohoo!!!):

I just heard back from NJ Transit. Apparently, if you get to Secaucus from some way other than NY Penn, you will be able to buy a round trip bus ticket to the Meadowlands for $6.

I think this is fantastic. Obviously I don't know if the busses will be terrible or really packed or mired in delays and traffic or stink like urine or whatever, but if this works out well, forget driving! I can walk about 1.2 miles to a train station (which may be rough on cold days, so I'll take the 5 minute drive those days rather than the 15-20 minute walk). Then take a 30 minute train to Secaucus, then a 10-15 minute bus to the game.

Then I can meet up with friends and not have to worry about traffic, having too many during the game, etc, etc.

Way to go NJ Transit and the Jets/Giants! Now let's just execute this decently and I think this can be a big win for the environment, traffic, relief from high gas prices, more safe, etc, etc.

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Long Island fans should try to release as much toxins and litter as much as possible to make up for this.