Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

running game does feel alot different. it intimidated me a bit at first how it felt so ive been pass happy in online games and its gotten ugly. but ive been calling them more frequently and am on a 3 game win streak against the jags, pats, and cowboys online.

having favre on the team initially made me pass happy and i threw alot of games away airing it out feeling like a kid and his new toy since favre is a jet. lol took a few losses to wake me back up. lol

i dont call a ton of runs but i call them at the right time and confuse defenses. the run blocking for the jets is much like i expect it to be in real life. dependable for short yardage on the left and a dice roll to the right lol. but then again i play people who use alot of good teams like the cowboys and pats. i seem to come across cowboys fans more than anyone? anyone else notice how much people use them in this game?

sidenote, any Ganggreen PS3 owners, my tag is Bazurk. add me as a friend hit me up, whatever.

OH AND DOOM! I WENT TO ROCK THE BELLS SON! SHIT WAS OFF THE HOOK!

#181 Coach K, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Shotgun has always been the staple of online play since all folks due is blitz. The sooner you come to grips with learning Gun and learning Gun the better off you will be. I run my 95% of my offense from Shotgun.

If you know the blitz is coming and there in man coverage audible for keller to run an out, the safety shouldn't have outside leverage and if you are in shotgun you should have enough time to throw it. Perhaps try lining up in Gun:Splits Slot formation and leaving both back in to block if you want to see if you can bide some time for things to develop. You have so many options vs. the blitz...don't let that bother you.

My biggest issues with madden are easily the disconnects and freeze ups. I worry about playing online b/c I don't know if I will finish a game. in 5 games online it froze twice. Luckily one guy quit so I got the win anyway but it sucks that it's hit or miss like that.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't get to play too much. I have only played "play now" games using the Jets vs shitty teams to try and get better to play online. It's not happening. Anytime i have a good drive somebody fumbles in the redzone. I have a split second to find a reciever or Favre gets sacked. Forget running other than fullback up the middle. ANyone else find this game goddam impossible?

4. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

yeah...but don't give up. The passin game takes some gettin used to in Madden 09. I still cannot get huge runs w/ Jones. Leon Washington got a 30 yd gain though.

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

I managed to break like a 45 yard run with TJ online, other then that, the running game is dreadful.

I can pass all day on people, though.

6. revis024

revis024 New Member

finally bought this last night. i dont see the problem with running the ball, i dont seem to have any trouble running, although i never really have to run the ball all that much anyways.

and boy for the 1st hour or so it was hard getting used to the jets playbook. ive been use to using the packers ever since i bought madden 97.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

WTF?

Has anyone playing online seen a glitch or cheat or whatnot where the ball is snapped and is instantly teleported into the hands of a WR?

I quit 1 minute into a game because some guy kept doing that over and over. I had not seen that up until now.

Possible bug?

8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Yeah, that glitch can be counteracted by playing man to man instead of zone.

9. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't understand what people get out of doing stupid shit like this to win. It's a football game, play football.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

some people have no lives, and their only joy is maintaining a near perfect ubsurd record to make up for their pathetic lives, while cheating at all costs....

12. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

13. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I played a real idiot last night. He used Tampa and put in their 4th string QB because he's fast, then ran 20-30 yards straight back on EVERY play. He would then run side to side, continuing to go backwards, and heave it up. Unfortunately it worked like 50% of the time because the coverage would go for the QB, but it ended up as a 23-7 win for me. One thing I miss from earlier versions is that people like him are allowed to go for it now on 4th and a mile.

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The game needs to take into account the clock timeand the score and then allow or disallow ppl togofor iton 4th.

I played some shithead last night who used the Jets, and he would roll left with Favre every timeuntil the play broke down, then throw to a guy who was coming back to the QB, or sometimes across the field like 2 yards forward to someone who Favbre would have never seen....it was like a spinning jumping throw he'd complete.

If I played zone he would roll out then run Favre for the first....and of course the AI would not go for himintime.

I ended up cornerblitzing a lot and playin zone and atone point I have him at 4th and 42.....I was doing what I couldto be a dick because he wouldn't accept a friendly quit. SO I would clal timeout before hisplay, then pause and use all the time, then pause again, etc......and when I had the ball I would run the play clock all the way down.

So I went ahead 10-7 with 1:30 left, and he quits. I finished and won, then sent him aban-worthy message......

PS- when the hell is the PS3 league starting...and who will play meonline andplay legit,I mean oneofyouguys...I am sick of playin strangers who will do this cheap shit

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Someone did the same thing with the Eagles to me a few weeks ago. It really does suck. I do miss the QB-vision from the old Maddens. I also hate how the online feature doesn't restrict the other douchebag in an obvious 4th and Long situation to just punt the ball.

I can't wait til we get the league started too, but we need to find at least 16 players. I enjoy using all the plays in the Colts playbook. I try to keep it as real as to how they run their offense with the shotgun draws and what not. It's going to be great.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Why do we have to wait?

Before we get started, the Madden 2010 demo will be available

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Just waiting for Scik to announce it. I know we are waiting for a couple of people who are moving and/or could add a few friends from school in the next couple of days. Far as I know, we're holding up til we get 16 people to join the league before we get anything going.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i hate this game at so many times. I mount a perfect comeback, only to be robbed by the game. Had Keller down the seam wide open and Favre throws it a good 10 years behind him for the pick. WTF?

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ill be really active to fill the last 5 spots over the weekend. 17 people...

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Just make sure they're legit players and not 4th and 21 go for it guys...