Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

2 for 2 now with teh game freezing before i can even get through the Browns game

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

what system are you playing on? I haven't had any freeze up issues at all and I've played more than 10 games.

I had freeze up issues with all games on my 360 prior to my last RROD.

3. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Am I the only one who uses Leon Washington as the starting RB?

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

When I play online, I use both evenly. I'd say I give TJ more carries, but I throw to Leon more. Using a two back system, online especially is so key...it gives you a huge advantage.

5. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Won my first online game 9-7 over the Cowboys.

6. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

You play with the patsy's? You should win. All you have to do is chuck it to moss.

7. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I play with the Jets.

8. MParty7441

So I'm 9-0 and I play the Raiders, this guy was 14-2 and now I see why. He did some blitz shit and I no shot, I got down 24-7 got so mad i just quit.

9. jgangstahippie7:18

I'm now 1-0 online. GW Field Goal by Matt Nugent to defeat the Redskins 16-14. Favre connected with Smith for a 16 Yard TD. But i threw 2 picks. Due to always playing with Chad for like 5 years I am really uncomfortable throwing deep. I put Keller as my 3rd WR, Poeteat at SS, and Lowery at 2CB. I love throwing short passes to Keller.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Just finished my first full season. Made it all the way to the AFC Championship before any serious injuries hit. Just before halftime Favre went down for 2 weeks. I was already up 21-7 and ended up beating the Colts pretty good.

The Giants beat the Bucs in the NFC, so I faced the Giants in the superbowl without Favre. The receivers must have dropped about 10 balls from Clemens that hit them square in the hands. I lost the game too.

True story.

#170 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

this better not be a sign or I will jump off the Golden Gate Bridge with a bungee cord attached to my cock.

Just moped up some guy 28-0, and I turned it over twice in the redzone to fumbles....Im now 11-3, with one BS loss to a cheap ass player.

12. MParty7441

Play me again lemme give you loss number 4 :smile:....but lemme play as the Jets.

13. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Is anyone averaging large numbers in the running game? I'm stuck at 3.6 ypc. I like the passing this year more. The running game is just more challenging than I expected.

14. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Compared to me, 3.6ypc is a "large number." I am probably about 2.5ypc and that is after trading away Jones for Barber.

Not hitting sprint right away helps, but my O-line is just running past people and the backside pursuit it too quick. I have tried every type of running play, I shift protections, but I am lucky to end a 5:00 game with more than 60 yards on the ground.

The only play that has worked every time is the QB sneak.

It is really f'n frustrating.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

some plays work every time. Right now I feel like this game is trying to make me lose. I fumble in crucial situations, balls are randomly falling out of my hands. My line refuses to block, and i drop easy INTS, or by some miracle of God, I miss an easy INT he takes it to the house. WTF? Im about to chuck this pathetic game that EA decided to call Madden out the fucking window.

I also wish there was a limit to how many times you could choose any single play per game...its sad how many players live off 2 or 3 plays...and sometimes you cant stop them, no matter what.

#175 Scikotic, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

after playing tonight, I honestly dont know if I will ever play online again. ( other then our league) There are so many cheap players its ridiculous. I get so frustrated playing them.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Same here. All they do is run a blitz where there are 3 corners and 2 safeties in man or zone coverage and it is impossible to play offense. Either the run gets smashed or you have exactly 2 seconds to find an open receiver before being dropped for 8.

The only way I can run in this game is by running a shotgun formation and charging right up the middle. That is sad.

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I was playing some dude the other night. He had the Eagles, I had the Jets. He kept on running the same play where he would drop back with McNabb some 10-15yds and swing right. He would always hit Brown on a comeback, or Westbrook as he snuck out on the flat in the opposite direction. He also went on a 4th and Long a couple of times, which really pissed me off. So, in response, I had my corners blitz and had some good sacks. Fortunately the Jets secondary is very good in coverage and I picked him off a few times, but he kept on pulling the same play on those drives he scored and was actually winning 21-10 by the middle of the 3rd qtr. I was running different plays and taking up a lot of time off the clock and was making it interesting, by mid-4th, I had a long drive again and the score was 21-17 and he gets 'disconnected'. I was forced to finish playing the game against the computer.

Luckily, I won. But had I lost that game to that kinda shit, I would've been as pissed as you were. Haven't experienced CPU game-cheapness yet. Just human-cheapness so far.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Goes to show you that EA doesn't give a shit about fixing the online idiots.....and they dont care if guys play the game online like it is real football or just try to create cheats and make it some dumb arcade game....they just make up a few tiny changes and promote the shit out of them so we drop 60 bucks each year......this is why I haent played madden online the last 2 seasons....once they stop the cheaters I will be backl.....for now I will play in the league and play against freinds.

20. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

The feeling is mutual. I cannot play online anymore. I loath it.